• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

It was on the Real Madrid website, are you suggesting anyone can get access to this to make up joke pages?

It was possible on Man Utd's official site - a 'glitch' in the system - you just had to change a few characters in the url - i.e. me or you could do it right now.

These are football club websites, not online banking protals - the security codes in place are 'doable' for anyone with half-decent Web-developer knowledge to pull off a prank

Last edited:
So because it happened 4 years ago its obviously the case now?

It's certainly more plausible, imv than the 'test' suggestion - what would they be 'testing' actually - their C++ coding skills? Come on, :lol:

Did anyone save a print-screen btw? I tell you what - if he signs and this is the exact same profile they 'create' for him - I'll admit you were onto something ;)

Last edited:
Im not saying Im onto anything, Im questioning why your version of events is "obvious"

Seems logical to me to knock up a profile page and such in preparation for a signing, once they are in its a PR offensive.

Could be it was tested on the live site in error.

I think its quite possible. Im not saying it is actually what happened.

I have never come across such a 'test' occurence personally - whereas website 'pranks' have been quite common over recent years - hence my inclination to believe the former. I don't expect you to accept it - but in my view that was a 100% hack from some random wum

It's been done many times in the past by 'jokers' - some websites allow you to create 'false' pages, I remember back in 2008 you could manufacture a web-page on Man Utd's first team section - it was done around Berbatov's arrival, I'm sure many still remember

That was because their site used an external player database and all you needed to do was find he player id number. Not really a hack in that you are using the system as designed. I remember having fun with some United fans when I found the Real Madrid player numbers.

It probably was a hack with Modric, but I can see how you can be 100% sure. Remember we had Ade in the new kit on our website when this thread was still young and Chelsea paraded the Robinho shirt in front of some cameras.

Real Madrid website posts Modric profile

The Spanish champions have blamed a hacker for the gaffe, which listed the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder as a member of Jose Mourinho's squad

22 Aug 2012 00:00:00

By Simon Harrison

Real Madrid's club website are seemingly prepared for the arrival of Luka Modric in the near future, after a tab was created for the Tottenham midfielder which listed him as a Madrid player.

Minutes after the profile was added to Los Blancos' official club website, it was hastily taken down, however, the page had already been viewed by thousands.

Modric was described as a Real Madrid player since 2012, with his departure from White Hart Lane illustrated by a section which stated: "Tottenham (2008-2012)."

The Spanish giants have since claimed that a hacker was involved, which they say is to blame for the miscalculated incident.

Following no official confirmation from either club, the transfer is yet to be made public, however the Liga champions' players have been vocal in their admiration of the Dinamo Zagreb man.

This follows on from the news that Marca had posted a picture of the Croatian in the Spanish capital on Tuesday, only for it to later emerge that the photograph had been taken two years ago.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...2447/real-madrid-website-posts-modric-profile

Real Madrid website posts Modric profile

The Spanish champions have blamed a hacker for the gaffe, which listed the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder as a member of Jose Mourinho's squad

22 Aug 2012 00:00:00

By Simon Harrison

Real Madrid's club website are seemingly prepared for the arrival of Luka Modric in the near future, after a tab was created for the Tottenham midfielder which listed him as a Madrid player.

Minutes after the profile was added to Los Blancos' official club website, it was hastily taken down, however, the page had already been viewed by thousands.

Modric was described as a Real Madrid player since 2012, with his departure from White Hart Lane illustrated by a section which stated: "Tottenham (2008-2012)."

The Spanish giants have since claimed that a hacker was involved, which they say is to blame for the miscalculated incident.

Following no official confirmation from either club, the transfer is yet to be made public, however the Liga champions' players have been vocal in their admiration of the Dinamo Zagreb man.

This follows on from the news that Marca had posted a picture of the Croatian in the Spanish capital on Tuesday, only for it to later emerge that the photograph had been taken two years ago.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...2447/real-madrid-website-posts-modric-profile

Bollox. Someone checked in a work in progress file into the live site by mistake. I've seen a screen grab and it has an identical style and layout to the other player profiles, though it looks unfinished in some parts.

I came across this inspirational quote from Benzema on his profile page - "I'm a good striker who loves good football". It took him a while to think that one up, eh?

Is this guy the new Danchev?

Modric 'close' to Real switch

Croatia international looks poised to seal a dream move to Madrid

Last Updated: August 22, 2012 4:12pm

Luka Modric will complete his move to Real Madrid in the next few days, according to Dinamo Zagreb director of football Zoran Mamic.

The 26-year-old has been chased by the Primera Liga champions for most of the summer and a deal appears imminent.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy had steadfastly refused to sell the Croatia international unless their valuation is met.

Levy turned down a reported £40million bid last summer from Chelsea, who had elevated the playmaker to their number one target.

Information

It appears Tottenham will now accept a reduced fee for the former Dinamo Zagreb starlet who seems intent on leaving White Hart Lane.

"You read many things in the media but from the information that I have, Luka will move to Real Madrid for sure," Mamic told 24sata.

"I've heard it's almost done, so I don't have any doubts Luka will play for Real Madrid next season.

"It is just a question of when the official announcement will be."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8009981/Modric-close-to-Real-switch

Is this guy the new Danchev?

Modric 'close' to Real switch

Croatia international looks poised to seal a dream move to Madrid

Last Updated: August 22, 2012 4:12pm

Luka Modric will complete his move to Real Madrid in the next few days, according to Dinamo Zagreb director of football Zoran Mamic.

The 26-year-old has been chased by the Primera Liga champions for most of the summer and a deal appears imminent.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy had steadfastly refused to sell the Croatia international unless their valuation is met.

Levy turned down a reported £40million bid last summer from Chelsea, who had elevated the playmaker to their number one target.

Information

It appears Tottenham will now accept a reduced fee for the former Dinamo Zagreb starlet who seems intent on leaving White Hart Lane.

"You read many things in the media but from the information that I have, Luka will move to Real Madrid for sure," Mamic told 24sata.

"I've heard it's almost done, so I don't have any doubts Luka will play for Real Madrid next season.

"It is just a question of when the official announcement will be."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8009981/Modric-close-to-Real-switch

That guy is a total prick, but his brother is even worse...Despicable family tied with the mafia, police and politics at the highest level...Hate them all.

he's staying - that's why we're moving to sell a few fringe players so we can get some cash together for a couple more signings ;)

Back