• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

What debacle? You can't make someone pay what you ask, you set a fair price for a player, if they pay it they pay it, if they don't he stays. I'd be livid if Levy accepted the 27m bid Real have been offering just to get it done early !

There's a lot of melodrama going on here !

edit: the 27m is the amount they were offering until recently, by the looks of the posts on this thread a lot would have accepted it just to get it done early.

How about a compromise? Say £35m? Better than this give us £40m and not a penny less or we don't sell stuff. I'm not suggesting we cave to Madrid's every demand and sell for £27m, but I'd rather we get a few million less than we are asking for and get an unhappy player away from the squad so we can spend it on a player that actually does want to be here.

I would expect us to have a pre meditated solution which wouldn't leave us starting Jenas and Livermore at Saudi Sportswashing Machine

because Sandro hasnt had time to train with AVB, i see us starting with Jenas and Livermore.....the team that started last night may well be the team for Saudi Sportswashing Machine

sad

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7979240

Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas has insisted that playmaker Luka Modric will not be sold unless they receive a 'suitable offer'.

Modric has been linked with a move out of White Hart Lane all summer, with Real Madrid keen on the Croatia international.

However, nothing concrete has emerged yet, with Spurs demanding £40million for the 26-year-old.

And Villas-Boas has continued to maintain the club's stance over the transfer fee.

"He (Modric) is training alone because we decided to do that until his mental state is ready to return to the team," explained the Portuguese.

Respect

"It is important that, in the coming days, he understands he must return to the first team.

"We respect the player's ambition, but he must also respect the club.

"Until we receive a suitable offer for the player, he will not go.

"The contacts we have had with other clubs have not met with what Tottenham wants for the player.

"We respect the size of Madrid and the other interested clubs, but they must respect what we are doing too."

Tottenham will begin their 2012/13 Premier League campaign with an away game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday, 18th August.

Pretty much sounds like he'll be back at first team training whenever he comes back from International duty or maybe before. At least he might get a game under his belt there.

Keep fining him until his fudging head is straight. What a prick.

I wonder if we're doing that. Seems preposterous that we should be paying him week in week out to not play friendlies, not train with the rest of the team and most likely not be available for first team selection come the start of the season.

Sounds like the think Levy would be right onto.

I wonder if we're doing that. Seems preposterous that we should be paying him week in week out to not play friendlies, not train with the rest of the team and most likely not be available for first team selection come the start of the season.

Agreed and rightly so.

Exactly. Footballers are paid to play not just to train. FIFA and UEFA need to put a stop to this kind of thing.

He and his agent would counter that once he returned back to training he was happy to train with the first team and play friendlies but wasn't allowed or selected.
We'll see how he reacts in the next week when he's asked to train with the first team.
Hopefully he keeps his mouth shut to the Croatian Press when he goes back for the Croatian game.

He and his agent would counter that once he returned back to training he was happy to train with the first team and play friendlies but wasn't allowed or selected.
We'll see how he reacts in the next week when he's asked to train with the first team.
Hopefully he keeps his mouth shut to the Croatian Press when he goes back for the Croatian game.

To be fair, he doesn't really have much of a comeback considering that he didn't go with the team on the USA tour.

i'm just hoping we keep him. he looks like a good kid that can button down and get serious once this whole transfer thing blows away (until Jan , at least).

He's got a choice to make, get on with it with the first team or be one of the overage players in the U21 side.

Bottom line is no one wants him enough to make a sensible offer, he needs to face facts that's he's very likely to remain a Spurs player. Perhaps his antics have put teams off.

Back