• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Some sort of saint are you? When Modric appears in a Madrid shirt I bet half the spurs fans watching will see him and say something along the lines of 'fudging little.....'. Are you saying they won't?

No, not a saint.

You feel free to swear at him if you want, you should just realise at some point that your wasting your time because he won't give a fudge that your doing it.

So because he don't give two bricks it's pointless swearing at the tele. If that's the case why do we swear at players inside the ground?? Feel free to cross your arms but I'm swearing!! He's a tosser.

So because he don't give two bricks it's pointless swearing at the tele. If that's the case why do we swear at players inside the ground?? Feel free to cross your arms but I'm swearing!! He's a tosser.

Swear all you want, just don't try to convince yourself it actually achieves anything. Before you swear you think he's a tosser, after you swear you still think he's a tosser.

What have you achieved? Zilch.

Swear all you want, just don't try to convince yourself it actually achieves anything. Before you swear you think he's a tosser, after you swear you still think he's a tosser.

What have you achieved? Zilch.

I know. Makes me feel better though!

What do any of us know about whether he has submitted a transfer request or not? It was reported/rumored that Levy had told him to keep quiet or the move was off. Maybe his last request is still active?

It would have to be.

To people unaware about Transfer requests and Loyalty bonuses, here's how it works:
When a player signs a new contract he gets a signing on fee. Everyone knows that.
But the player actually only gets his first years worth of the signing on fee straight away.
So say a player signs a 5 year contract. He get 1/5 of the signing on fee the first year, another 1/5 the second year.
If the club then sell him he collects the remaining 3/5 in a loyalty bonus.
If the player puts in a transfer request he forfeits the loyalty bonus.

Looks like Modric is moonlighting as a hooker

Luka%2520Modric%2520Has%2520Been%2520Sold%2520To%2520Real%2520Madrid%2520For%2520%25C2%25A335m%252C%2520According%2520To%2520Dinamo%2520Zagreb%2520%25C2%25AB%2520_2012-07-29_21-03-29.png

I don't follow that it'd be £2.5m going to Dynamo Zagreb.

£2.5m of £35m would equal 7.1%. The Zagreb Chairman has said it's 5%, so that's wrong anyway.

Secondly, my understanding is that sell-on percentages are applied to fees over and above the fee paid to acquire him, ie: on the profit margin. So, if that's still the case - and I see no reason why it wouldn't be - then it'd be 5% of £18.5m, which is £925k, falling due to Dynamo Zagreb.

The percentage is also calculated on the up-front cash sum, by the way. So, even if the deal was something like 'upto £40m with Real Madrid paying £35m up-front', it's the £35m it would be offset against, not the £40m.

I don't follow that it'd be £2.5m going to Dynamo Zagreb.

£2.5m of £35m would equal 7.1%. The Zagreb Chairman has said it's 5%, so that's wrong anyway.

Secondly, my understanding is that sell-on percentages are applied to fees over and above the fee paid to acquire him, ie: on the profit margin. So, if that's still the case - and I see no reason why it wouldn't be - then it'd be 5% of £18.5m, which is £925k, falling due to Dynamo Zagreb.

The percentage is also calculated on the up-front cash sum, by the way. So, even if the deal was something like 'upto £40m with Real Madrid paying £35m up-front', it's the £35m it would be offset against, not the £40m.

It was misquoted,Mamic said that around 2,5m € would go to Dinamo

The thing I fins most pathetic in the Modric saga, is that while the little lad makes it clear in so many ways this is a move he wants, he doesn't hand in a transfer request. Because he wouldn't want to lose out on his "loyalty" bonus, would he...instead he goes to the media, uses his buddies, his agents, Real Madrid... Disgraceful behaviour, really.
He refused to train and then missed a flight for preseason. We've all the evidence to prove he was being disloyal and wanted a move. Take it all the way to the courts IMO.

I doubt we'll be playing Madrid any time soon anyway. Personally I'd applaud him, fantastic player.

What about if he stays? Would you boo him or cheer him?

I always applaud Spurs players who gave it their all and left the club in the right manner. I refuse to cheer Berbatov for example. But I do think Robbie Keane got a hard time when he came back and I didn't boo him.

As long as Modric plays as well for us as he has in the past, I certainly would cheer him if he stays.
That said, I would never boo a player that plays for Spurs, no matter the context.

As long as Modric plays as well for us as he has in the past, I certainly would cheer him if he stays.
That said, I would never boo a player that plays for Spurs, no matter the context.

What if Sol Campbell came back for one last hurrah & pay-day...?

If Modric leaves, he leaves... he's already dead to me!

Wow. Applaud? Amazing.

Yes. Why not? One of the greatest players to have ever worn a Spurs shirt and has given his all on the pitch for 4 years. Perhaps I'm just above shouting abuse at a player that wants to leave for the biggest club in the world.

Yes. Why not? One of the greatest players to have ever worn a Spurs shirt and has given his all on the pitch for 4 years. Perhaps I'm just above shouting abuse at a player that wants to leave for the biggest club in the world.

Bill Nicholson: 1938–1955 (17 years)
Steve Perryman: 1969–1986 (17 years)
Gary Mabbutt: 1982-1998 (16 years)
Ledley King: 1999-2012 (13 years)
Glenn Hoddle: 1975–1987 (12 years)
Danny Blanchflower: 1954–1964 (10 years)
Jimmy Greaves: 1961-1970 (9 years)

Sorry, don't make be spew... but in a modern age where 4 years is seen as a lifetime, Modric doesn't even come close with THE GREATEST!

Bill Nicholson: 1938–1955 (17 years)
Steve Perryman: 1969–1986 (17 years)
Gary Mabbutt: 1982-1998 (16 years)
Ledley King: 1999-2012 (13 years)
Glenn Hoddle: 1975–1987 (12 years)
Danny Blanchflower: 1954–1964 (10 years)
Jimmy Greaves: 1961-1970 (9 years)

Sorry, don't make be spew... but in a modern age where 4 years is seen as a lifetime, Modric doesn't even come close with THE GREATEST!

That's not 'greatest'..

What you've just written is the 'most loyal'...

That's not 'greatest'..

What you've just written is the 'most loyal'...

Well if Nicholson, Blanchflower, Perryman, Hoddle or Greaves AREN'T considered amongst our greatest, then I may as well give up!!

I'll give you Mabbutt & King... one's an over-rated diabetic who should never have been playing football, and the other was a tinkle-head who fell out of night clubs when he wasn't playing... waste of fudging fans' hard earned money IMHO!

Gary Doherty: 2000–2004 (4 years)
Jason Dozzell: 1993–1997 (4 years)

...that's right, both as 'LOYAL' as Modric! But they weren't on the list 'cos they were brick.... the rest were on the list 'cos they were among our GREATEST!

Modric was a great player... but he's only been 'great' for FOUR years... hardly grounds for consideration as part of our GREATEST... you've gotta put in the hours!
By that reckoning, Diego Maradona was our GREATEST EVER PLAYER... for 90 minutes in Ossie Ardiles' testimonial... hardly the same thing is it?

Last edited:
Back