• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

I do wish people would stop attacking people on the basis of their nationality. I see Gio being described this morning as a Mexican so-and-so, and Niko/Modric as a Croatian such-and-such. But their behaviour is nothing at all to do with where they're from and it gets insulting to Spurs fans from Croatia or Mexico when this stuff is peddled. Ok, that might only be about 6 dudes, but nonetheless.

=D>

seriously?

Modric is a one off talent, I´ll give you that...

but Corluka, slowest RB to play the game
Kranjcar, injured all the time, slower than Corluka
Eduardo was not really world class with Arsenal

I would like Jelavic though, good work ethic and can score goals, slower than Teddy Sheringham though..

Seriously.

Modric might be a stand out talent for them, but he would be stand out for any nation in the world bar the top 4-5 in the world.

For a country of just over 4 million people (that's less than 10% of England) they produce some great players.

I do wish people would stop attacking people on the basis of their nationality. I see Gio being described this morning as a Mexican so-and-so, and Niko/Modric as a Croatian such-and-such. But their behaviour is nothing at all to do with where they're from and it gets insulting to Spurs fans from Croatia or Mexico when this stuff is peddled. Ok, that might only be about 6 dudes, but nonetheless.

I'm not sure if this was (partly) aimed at me, but if so I'll just say that I think there are some generalizations that can be made based on nationality. Footballing culture and education is different in different countries is all. Of course there will be exceptions.

seriously?

Modric is a one off talent, I´ll give you that...

but Corluka, slowest RB to play the game
Kranjcar, injured all the time, slower than Corluka
Eduardo was not really world class with Arsenal

I would like Jelavic though, good work ethic and can score goals, slower than Teddy Sheringham though..

He can clean only clean the boots of Zvonimir Boban, Robert Prosinečki, Davor Šuker, Alen Bokšić an a few more...

Srna is a great player. Surprised he never moved to one of the big European clubs but as a previous poster has said, he's a bit of legend for Shakhtar now.

I always thought Srna and Garcia were ringers for each other...
images

images

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 6
He is the Shakhtar captain and close to a legend status, and getting a brickload of money there...
Rakitić and Perišić are good, and might make it in the PL.
Charlie is underrated by most on this board. He has great skill and positioning sense, and should be here at least as cover for Walker.

Shakhtar are a very, very lucky club. I would have thought he would have ended up at Munich or maybe even in Spain. To have him practically as a one club man, youth aside, is incredible with some of the clubs that have scouted him.

Shakhtar are a very, very lucky club. I would have thought he would have ended up at Munich or maybe even in Spain. To have him practically as a one club man, youth aside, is incredible with some of the clubs that have scouted him.

yeah its amazing that a player of his quality has been happy playing in the Ukrainian league for so long. Guaranteed CL helps but still.......

He said in numerous interviews that he is perfectly happy there, and that his president would only sell him to Barca or Real...

He said in numerous interviews that he is perfectly happy there, and that his president would only sell him to Barca or Real...

And Madrid scouted him a couple times mate. He's a model pro, so I'd expect the quotes from him. What I'm saying is I am shocked that another club never came calling for him, he is MUCH better than Shaktar and Ukrainian football, no offence to them but that's facts. Like I say, I thought he would end up in Munich or at Real/Barca.

And Madrid scouted him a couple times mate. He's a model pro, so I'd expect the quotes from him. What I'm saying is I am shocked that another club never came calling for him, he is MUCH better than Shaktar and Ukrainian football, no offence to them but that's facts. Like I say, I thought he would end up in Munich or at Real/Barca.

The situation reminds me of Steven Gerrard...A great player who will never win anything significant because of his loyality to a mediocre club(ok, that one CL was a stroke of luck).:lol:

i think plenty have come in for him, Spurs were very interested under ramos, and i remember Bayern making big moves for him, but somehow he never kicked up a fuss to move and the club never wanted to sell anyway

Back