• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Re: Modric Revisited.

Got a feeling AVB will be sacked before January, the new manager will have his own targets

No, he will not. Not saying Levy should live or die by his appointment, but he will be given time. IMO.

Sacked before January?! If you think that youre being sucked in by the media. This was Levys appointment and will be given time thats for sure,would have to be the most catastrophic of seasons for him not to at least be given a chance to start second season with us.

We've played three games and lost one,a win today which is far from impossible and we are 3pts being Arsenal. Patience and perspective required.....

Barring any Ramos like disaster, there is more chance us erecting a statue of Sol ****bell than Levy sacking AVB. The man has too much pride to do anything which might even suggest he erred in sacking Harry.

Not from me, I blame the fans for what happened to Ghaly. All in all he was a pretty tidy player.

I didn't rate him tbh but I agree that he was treated harshly considering he got his teeth knocked out and carried on playing.

Some Spurs will forgive anything bar going to Arsenal if a player is good/great.

Yeah, yeah, lovely player, total pro, great lad, salt of the earth, blah, blah, blah.

Eight points behind Barca. Asking teammates what the Copa Del Rey is all about.

Pardon mein schadenfreude.

For me it seems Dembele can absolutely fill Modrics shoes, was at times outstanding yesterday.

So, Luka...GL and HF

Barring any Ramos like disaster, there is more chance us erecting a statue of Sol ****bell than Levy sacking AVB. The man has too much pride to do anything which might even suggest he erred in sacking Harry.

I took £200 on him being here by the end of the season at 2-1 odds, like buying money...

Re: Luka at Real?

Started against Deportivo on Sunday and played well. Provided a classy assist and was involved in most good movement

Prior to that made a few sub cameos to a resonable success.

He has been deployed (in my opinion) in a more advanced role which allows him to utilisie his skills on creating opportunities instead of dropping deep to fetch the ball

Thanks for that. I wonder if it will turn out like it did for Berbatov... trophies but no meaningful involvement...but lots and lots of cash?

Berbatov scored nearly 50 PL goals for Utd in +/-100 appearances, won the Golden Boot and had a massive contribution with his goals to their title 2 seasons ago (around 17-18 points, iirc).

Ultimately he didn't fit their system (flimflam) but his contribution was more than meaningful, imv

But besides that - I think Modric would be far more involved and inevitably take over Alonso's position who I can imagine hitting one of the 'emerging economies' for a last pay cheque soon - 31 next month after all. He's looked good in the time I've watched him (which is nearly every weekend as I tend to follow Real Madrid's games, much to my enjoyment) and now having been exonerated of most defensive resposibilites can do some serious damage in the final third coupled with their runners.

Last edited:

Only saw his 10 minute debut cameo v Barca, I thought he played really well then, but in a much more advanced role. I was a bit surprised at that, but put it down to Real defending a lead, seems that's where he will be playing for Madrid though. Personally I'd have him deeper, but I'm not going to argue with Jose.

Berbatov scored nearly 50 PL goals for Utd in +/-100 appearances, won the Golden Boot and had a massive contribution with his goals fto their title 2 seasons ago (around 17-18 points, iirc).

Ultimately he didn't fit their system (flimflam) but his contribution was more than meaningful, imv

But besides that - I think Modric would be far more involved and inevitably take over Alonso's position who I can imagine hitting one of the 'emerging economies' for a last pay cheque soon - 31 next month after all. He's looked good in the time I've watched him (which is nearly every weekend as I tend to follow Real Madrid's games, much to my enjoyment) and now having been exonerated of most defensive resposibilites can do some serious damage in the final third coupled with their runners.

i wish we had brought berbatov back, so classy and would be perfect in our new system, instead we went for fudging dempsey...

i wish we had brought berbatov back, so classy and would be perfect in our new system, instead we went for fudging dempsey...

Yeah - he has only scored the winning goal against Utd and scored 17 goals last season for Fulham! He's clearly useless and should probably be at somewhere like Doncaster Rovers.

Berba is a good player, but don't be so ignorant to write off Dempsey after 3 games!

Yeah - he has only scored the winning goal against Utd and scored 17 goals last season for Fulham! He's clearly useless and should probably be at somewhere like Doncaster Rovers.

Berba is a good player, but don't be so ignorant to write off Dempsey after 3 games!

lol dont take notice of chic, knows fudge all about football and only on here for the off topic/random discussion, he's nothing more than a wum

Havent been following the Spanish league at all, so how has Modric been going? Has he started games, doing any good?

I saw 10 mins of a Real game where Modric came on at half time in place of Ozil, and he looked sensational. In that spell alone he was head and shoulders above everyone on the field. He hit the post with a blistering shot from outside the area, played a wonderful through ball that should have been an assist. Beat the opposition with ease in the centre of midfield.

In short he was on fire. Then i switched channels and haven't seen him since. For all i know that could have been the only time he played well.

lol dont take notice of chic, knows fudge all about football and only on here for the off topic/random discussion, he's nothing more than a wum

yeah whatever macaron i have been following football for decades and i can tell you berbatov bricks all over dempsey and is easily the better player, would be obvious to anyone who watches football. That said what are dempseys rating on your football manager games? im sure you know

:-"

Back