• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modern Football Fans Are Rubbish

Also the fact that the hardcore who usually populate the Park Lane end tend to spread out more in these cup games could be a factor as they and the shelf are usually the catalyst for the songs.

On tv, it sounded non-existant nearly all game. Not the best judge of things, granted, but you normally hear more than that.

Nah we were good for the first 20 - then up until 60 minutes it was alright. After that it was nonexistant.

didnt help that everytime a chant started to get going we did something cack and this stopped it a bit dead.

It was a world away from Norwich at the start of the season.

did you go?

I thought for 60 minutes it was alright - better than most games I have been to against non - elite teams - after 60 minutes it was crap. Shelf side were more vocal and trying to start songs but they fizzzled out.

Unfortunately I did and I couldn't disagree more.

Your litigation sums it up. What's all this non-elite team rubbish? What do you think we are? The Premier League's answer to the Windsors?

Basel have got a better European pedigree than us. Far better in fact. I don't know what planet our fans appear to be on at times.

How elite do you think we have been since the Premier League began? We're only as good as what we achieve which apart from a couple of top 4 finishes ain't been much.

We've won sod all in years and Middlesboro and Fulham have achieved more in Europe than us by getting to a final. We've fallen short far too often. And have done nothing to prove we have any more pedigree than Basel.

Elite teams, non-elite teams. Rubbish, there are teams that win and teams that don't. Right now we're a team that doesn't do the business and all the lofty pretensions in the world are not gonna change that fact.

Last edited:
Christ, we are back here again ...

- No, please stop this british class flimflam, that apparently if you are anything but "working class" you can't be a good football fan. Heaven forbid I've actually worked my ass off for 20+ years and can afford an expensive ticket to a football game.
- In one thread, we get people crying down modern culture of instant gratification, and someone crying down the fact that we didn't "entertain" and blow away Basel.

In my opinion it's quite simple

- We (the fans) are feeling the pressure of expectation, there is so much riding on every game, it is difficult to truly enjoy it. I've enjoyed FA/CC/Europa games more than PL this year because it's not the end of the world if we get knocked out and I'm not constantly worrying about points, nervous = less vocal
- General ignorance on European Teams, Basel is a very good side, who has achieved very good results in the CL over the last couple of years. Expecting that it was going to be anything but a tough game is just naïve and more of the over entitled sense of idiocy that tends to crop up with Spurs fans (right there with the "with the squad we have, we should always be 3rd/4th)

- No, please stop this british class flimflam, that apparently if you are anything but "working class" you can't be a good football fan. Heaven forbid I've actually worked my ass off for 20+ years and can afford an expensive ticket to a football game.
- In one thread, we get people crying down modern culture of instant gratification, and someone crying down the fact that we didn't "entertain" and blow away Basel.

- We (the fans) are feeling the pressure of expectation, there is so much riding on every game, it is difficult to truly enjoy it. I've enjoyed FA/CC/Europa games more than PL this year because it's not the end of the world if we get knocked out and I'm not constantly worrying about points, nervous = less vocal
- General ignorance on European Teams, Basel is a very good side, who has achieved very good results in the CL over the last couple of years. Expecting that it was going to be anything but a tough game is just naïve and more of the over entitled sense of idiocy that tends to crop up with Spurs fans (right there with the "with the squad we have, we should always be 3rd/4th)

spot on in every way =D>

The biggest issue with modern football fans is short termism, a five second memory and over reacting to every incident. The same as the society that they come from.

Without a doubt, i want it now and if i do not get it i will scream and scream and scream.

Unfortunately I did and I couldn't disagree more.

Your litigation sums it up. What's all this non-elite team rubbish? What do you think we are? The Premier League's answer to the Windsors?

Basel have got a better European pedigree than us. Far better in fact. I don't know what planet our fans appear to be on at times.

How elite do you think we have been since the Premier League began? We're only as good as what we achieve which apart from a couple of top 4 finishes ain't been much.

We've won sod all in years and Middlesboro and Fulham have achieved more in Europe than us by getting to a final. We've fallen short far too often. And have done nothing to prove we have any more pedigree than Basel.

Elite teams, non-elite teams. Rubbish, there are teams that win and teams that don't. Right now we're a team that doesn't do the business and all the lofty pretensions in the world are not gonna change that fact.

Atmosphere was better than against wigan / Norwich / Fulham not as good as Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U - No where near as good as during Jol but still one of the better in the league.

Its crap but until you let people move next to their mates it will stay crap.

Get 15-25 year olds all in an area and then it will come back. The way it is now is by design not by accident.

and Last night was not as bad as some are making out.

Unfortunately, this is quite a pertinent issue and point relevant today. The demographic has gradually changed and different classes do show their appreciation of the entertainment on offer at WHL, in different ways.
I would compare the crowd at WHL to the families from the series Game of Thrones, it use to the Starks who were the majority audience, now its probably 50/50 with the Lannisters.

our fan base is dead locally...so our ground root support is dying slowly ..a lot of old fans still are loyal!

I see no evidence that local people care about Tottenham Hotspur Football Club...If anything there are now more arse fans living in Tottenham.

This is because of the foreign culture that now live there ..and the fact that more Black people support arse for some unknown reason..

Now some will say I,m talking WALOB...This is only part of the problem..Obviously there must be other factors...but our support is f*****g S**t

Last night was not as bad as Fulham which was the nadir in terms of support for me.

I was block 39 last night. It was full of day trippers and tourists and people playing solitaire on their mobile phones.

There was a girl in the Bell before the game wearing a Liverpool hat..... Sad times.

there were plenty of tourists in for Inter too. I was surrounded by people taking photos and filming the game.

Considering the drinking culture on these isles, I'm surprised we're not singing more! Perhaps our support is older and just falls asleep after a few pints?

The whole seating thingy was a real nail in the coffin IMO, that and true primative tribalism - many fans now support players.

Considering the drinking culture on these isles, I'm surprised we're not singing more! Perhaps our support is older and just falls asleep after a few pints?

The whole seating thingy was a real nail in the coffin IMO, that and true primative tribalism - many fans now support players.

I think that there is less match day drinking than there used to be and less tinkled people in the ground is a contributing factor in grounds (not just WHL) being quieter.

Back