• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

Shareholders don't understand derivatives and CDOs. These tossers were wilfully sold this brick knowing it was fraud. Banks employ nuclear physicists for a reason.

Shareholders don't buy CDOs, but banks do. If bank have quants valuing their own CDOs then they can have them valuing the ones they buy.

There was no pressure from shareholders to examine them so nobody did. If there are any CDOs still being sold then you can be sure that the buyers are checking them thoroughly. The market didn't need governments to fix it, in fact it probably would have been fixed sooner had banks begun to fail.

No.

The brochure didn't say we'd make up ever more complex algorithms no one understands so we can book a paper profit and fudge off to the Cayman Islands.

When you buy shares you're balancing the risk of the company fvcking up against any gains. You and I and everyone else with shares in banks misjudged those risks. Knowing a few traders I should probably have known better.

My mistake, my loss.

Lol. When was the last time you asked your bank what trading positions they have? As if they'd tell you and as if you'd have a fudging clue what they were talking about.

Laughable.

That's my point.

Take government intervention out and the banks will have to use being low-risk as a selling point. Their positions would have top billing above the interest rates on all the posters. I want that information out there but all the time the government are meddling, there is no motivation to show it.

And how do we know they're low risk when they commit fraud. Of course you're meant to know they're lying aren't you? Yep. No regulation. Psychic investors everyone's a winner!

When you buy shares you're balancing the risk of the company fvcking up against any gains. You and I and everyone else with shares in banks misjudged those risks. Knowing a few traders I should probably have known better.

My mistake, my loss.

Can I just have a safe repository for my cash? Ill pay a fudging fee!! That's what most people want. A safe place to put their cash.

Lol. When was the last time you asked your bank what trading positions they have? As if they'd tell you and as if you'd have a fudging clue what they were talking about.

Laughable.

You don't because there is no reason to, because the government guarantees my deposits. If I were investing in stock I sure as hell would, because stock value can go down. If banks deposits were more like stocks, I bet you people would actually care what people are doing with their money

Can I just have a safe repository for my cash? Ill pay a fudging fee!! That's what most people want. A safe place to put their cash.

If you want that, buy gold.

If someone just wants to have their money sit somewhere they are idiots and dont understand how inflation can eradicate savings very quickly.

Actually if you want that, take it out as cash and stick it in a safe deposit box and let inflation erode its value away. Job done, stop complaining.

Romney just got hammered by the moderator saying he lied. While she may have been correct (I haven't looked) I really don't think the moderator should be calling out the candidates on what they say. Both are spinning facts to their own advantage, it should be up to Obama to defend himself if Romney is lying, not the moderator

Edit: Watching the rose garden speech, he describes it as an act of terror, not a terrorist attack. The difference is down to each persons interpretation but again I don't think it is up to the moderator to make that distinction.

Last edited:
Romney just got hammered by the moderator saying he lied. While she may have been correct (I haven't looked) I really don't think the moderator should be calling out the candidates on what they say. Both are spinning facts to their own advantage, it should be up to Obama to defend himself if Romney is lying, not the moderator

Edit: Watching the rose garden speech, he describes it as an act of terror, not a terrorist attack. The difference is down to each persons interpretation but again I don't think it is up to the moderator to make that distinction.

He doesn't describe it as an act of terror. He said "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation..."

Construe that as you want, but Romney's point was that Obama waffled on it and wasn't stern about it being a terrorist attack, even when it was clearly such. Regardless, very wrong of Candy Crowley to interject there. It doesn't matter if Romney is wrong, it's not the moderator's place to take sides, especially when the speech doesn't absolutely define the attack as a terrorist attack.

Let Obama retort and the media and fact checkers eviscerate during the post-mortem. Didn't like that she did that.

He doesn't describe it as an act of terror. He said "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation..."

Construe that as you want, but Romney's point was that Obama waffled on it and wasn't stern about it being a terrorist attack, even when it was clearly such. Regardless, very wrong of Candy Crowley to interject there. It doesn't matter if Romney is wrong, it's not the moderator's place to take sides, especially when the speech doesn't absolutely define the attack as a terrorist attack.

Let Obama retort and the media and fact checkers eviscerate during the post-mortem. Didn't like that she did that.

In response to both you and Richie:
The moderator of a debate is supposed to fact-check. If Obama was lying through his teeth, I'd expect the moderator to correct him. It works both ways and she needs to show journalistic integrity, just as Raddatz did in the Biden-Ryan debate. Romney was very disrespectful and I still think he's politicizing this tragedy. That doesn't excuse how Obama handled the event and he took responsibility, but he still highlighted the role of ambassadors and that it's dangerous work.

So it is that you don't like she did that because she specifically went after Romney? I highly doubt it's just that she fact-checked in general, because you ignore the fact that she fact-checked the president as well. I can only assume this because you failed to bring it up:
“It did as well take two weeks or so for the whole idea of there being a riot out there about this tape to come out.” She added, addressing Mr. Romney, “You are correct about that.”

Very tired of hearing excuses about liberal bias in the media, etc etc etc. I've come to terms with Obama's weak-ass performance in the first debate. He really has no one else to blame but himself, even though I still think substance in a debate matters more than style.

Also, I still want to hear about Romney's tax plans, and specifically, how he will pay for them. No offense guys, but why is it that every time I respond to your points, you totally ignore them and move onto the next issue?

Forget about Obama for a second. I want to know about Romney's plan. If you can't provide the details of how he will pay for these supposed tax cuts, doesn't that worry you a little bit? Obama has actually lowered the deficit since he took office despite Romney constantly claiming that he doubled it. Lowering taxes will increase the deficit, but cutting public funding and foreign aid will hardly make a dent in reducing our spending.

Where I thought Obama was misleading was when he mentioned Wall St. reform. I still haven't seen any arrests. He also went a bit roundabout when talking about reducing violence by aiding low SES families get more opportunities.

I'm going to end on a light-hearted note...
tumblr_mc0mzdjv7v1rj8amio1_1280.png

It isn't the moderators job to fact check either candidate, and as I was watching I felt the only reason she agreed with Romney was because she had already shot him down by saying he was wrong 5 seconds earlier. Neither instance should have happened.

The fact is that what Obama said in the rose garden is hugely open to interpretation, he had just mentioned 9/11 and goes on to talk about acts of terror in general and I don't think for a moment he is saying that the Libya attack was by terrorists. It wasn't Candys place to straight up tell the nation that Romney was wrong. If Obama had said something like 'This was an act of terror and it will not shake our great nation' it would be different, but it's clearly open to interpretation.

Re: tax plans, I don't believe either of them. Obama says he should tax the rich more and Romney says he will cut exceptions. Neither is sufficient to tackle the US deficit so it's a null point IMO. This works against Obama though, because he has had 4 years and very little has changed.

Also there is a clear liberal bias in the American media as a whole. Some worse than others of course, but IMO MSNBC is comfortably the equal of Fox in terms of bias.

Also there is a clear liberal bias in the American media as a whole. Some worse than others of course, but IMO MSNBC is comfortably the equal of Fox in terms of bias.

This is a myth created by Fox and talk radio. MSNBC and CNN would be centre right in any country other the US, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

So what's the latest after last night. Did Obama do better than the first debate? How are the polls looking at the min?

fudge off!!!

That's exactly what they should be doing!! Lol.....what a fudging joke, crying cos your guy got his ass handed to him!! He was attacking Obama on a BLATANT lie....he got called on it and was shown up for the horrid cretin he is....the **** couldn't lay in bed straight.

It isn't the moderators job to fact check either candidate, and as I was watching I felt the only reason she agreed with Romney was because she had already shot him down by saying he was wrong 5 seconds earlier. Neither instance should have happened.

The fact is that what Obama said in the rose garden is hugely open to interpretation, he had just mentioned 9/11 and goes on to talk about acts of terror in general and I don't think for a moment he is saying that the Libya attack was by terrorists. It wasn't Candys place to straight up tell the nation that Romney was wrong. If Obama had said something like 'This was an act of terror and it will not shake our great nation' it would be different, but it's clearly open to interpretation.

Re: tax plans, I don't believe either of them. Obama says he should tax the rich more and Romney says he will cut exceptions. Neither is sufficient to tackle the US deficit so it's a null point IMO. This works against Obama though, because he has had 4 years and very little has changed.

What he said was open to interpretation but its a far stronger argument to say the president was being PRESIDENTIAL....NOT JUDGING THINGS IN A TENSE REGION BEFORE HE KNEW THE FACTS!!

Compared to the amatuer Romney who steamed in with both barrels and tried to make political capital from a tragic situation.

Now he looks like a fudging clown.

Liberal bias?

Do me a fudging favour.

Romney is done....its OVER.

Republicans can get used to Barry slapping his dingdong in your faces for another 4 years.

Mugs.

That was brutal for Romney but it was obvious how the night was going to pan out from the very first question. Romney dancing around the question not being able to give direct answers as to how he's going to achieve the things he claims he will whilst Obama giving a step by step plan as to how he's going to achieve his claims. Romney's way of ending the answer to the first question was also cringeworthy.

Back