• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

For anyone that missed the debate, this is pretty much what happened.

DANVILLE, KY—In what observers called a stunning and unexpected display of oratorical eloquence and candor, Vice President Joe Biden delivered a deeply articulate and heartfelt speech at the conclusion of Thursday night’s vice presidential debate, reportedly moving the entire audience at Centre College to tears.

After moderator Martha Raddatz asked Biden to give his closing statements, the former senator stared down at his prepared statement for several moments before setting it aside, standing on top of the table in front of him, and sharing a series of frank, poignant personal reflections as a surprised and reverent hush fell across the auditorium.

“I know people expect me to embarrass myself right now, or to do something reckless or silly, but I’m not going to do that—not tonight,” said Biden, his voice suddenly tinged with what observers described as a degree of warmth and tender regret never before heard from the veteran politician. “I know how you people see me—the fast cars, the hitchhiking, the trips to Juárez. You know me, ol’ stumbling numbnuts Joe Biden. Right? Well, brick, I’ll be the first to admit that I ain’t no saint. No, sir, I suppose I ain’t much of a role model, either. But when it comes right down to it, even with all my flaws, I am a human being. With hopes, with dreams, and with love in my heart.”

“Go ahead and laugh at Uncle Joe, or call him a fool if you like—I’m not going to stop ya,” Biden continued. “But know that I have a soul, and that my soul bleeds. Hell, I may not always know which way I’m going, or why, but GHod damn it if I’m not trying the best I can. The everloving best I can.”

Biden then reportedly paused, pulled a carton of cigarettes and a Zippo lighter from his back pocket, lit a cigarette, took a few puffs, and stared silently at the ceiling before once again addressing the audience.

“Listen, I know I’m the last person in the world to give you all a lecture on morality,” said Biden pacing the tabletop as the auditorium lights laid bare every world-weary crease and crevice in his 69-year-old face. “I’ve sure as brick made my fair share of mistakes. I’ve ridden through some pretty dicey places in my Trans-Am, had one or two run-ins with the law, and spent more than a few nights in county. I’ve done things…terrible things. I’ve got a list of regrets a mile wide, and there are nights when those regrets frankly tear me up inside. Just tear me right up.”

“But despite all this, I still have my dignity,” Biden added. “And nobody can take that away from me, no matter what. It’s what keeps me human. It’s what keeps me alive.”

Sources confirmed the Obama campaign was completely taken aback by the vice president’s sudden departure from the expected debate rhetoric, having reportedly instructed Biden to “stick to the issues” and refrain from going off-topic. However, many staffers were said to be incredibly moved by the sincerity of Biden’s words, with senior campaign adviser Robert Gibbs calling it “a revelation” and “a glimpse into the bruised soul of a man who’s lived 10 lifetimes.”

While acknowledging the ongoing criticism of Obama over the past week, a misty-eyed Biden offered an honest and personal account of his running mate while arguing for voters to give the president a second term.

“We’ve been through some crazy times, me and Barry,” said Biden, taking a quick swig from a flask he pulled from the inside pocket of his leather jacket. “He’s caught me on his roof doing some stuff I probably shouldn’t have been doing. Stuff I’m not proud of, despite how ****y I might act. But you know what? I trust him. And he trusts me. I don’t want to make some big political speech up here, but I will tell you right now that Barry’s the guy to lead us. He’s a good fudgein’ man. What’s more, he’s my dear friend. And I love him.”

Sources present at the debate claimed Biden became especially emotional in the middle of his speech when he spotted his wife of 35 years, Jill, in the audience.

“Jesus, Jilly…my beautiful, beautiful Jilly,” said Biden, turning to speak directly to his wife. “Darlin’, I know I haven’t been the perfect husband. brick, far from it. I’ve done some things with other women that have really put you in a tough spot. But you gotta believe me when I say that I never, ever meant to hurt you.”

“I love you with all my heart, Jilly,” added Biden, who maintained a stoic expression as his eyes welled with tears. “I always have, and I always will.”

Wiping his eyes, Biden finally made a heartfelt appeal to Americans to try, “if they could,” to see “the real Joe.”

“My name is Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.,” said the vice president, his voice choking. “Over the years I have been made an object of mockery and ridicule. I have seen pictures of me in the most humiliating positions you can think of plastered across newspapers all over the world. I have been treated as a punch line. A dope. A fudgein’ jester among kings. But don’t be fooled. I am also a man who has touched sorrow. And I am a son of a bitch who has spent nearly seven decades on the razor’s edge and lived to tell the tale. I may not say it often, and I may never say it again, but I wish to say to you now that I am also a man worthy of love. And worthy of respect.”

“Thank you all so damn much,” Biden added. “I just…I love this country, man.”

Wiping his eyes, Biden then descended from the table and sat back down as the tearful and blindsided audience attempted to make sense of what they had just witnessed.

After nearly a full minute of deeply moving silence, Biden then whistled loudly and admitted to the assembled crowd that he had “a huge fudgein’ woody right now.”

Papa - The bias in that report is unbelievable. I watched the debate and I considered Biden to be damn rude and disrespectful. He interrupted Paul Ryan 96 times!! Whilst on the other hand Mr Ryan had the decency to let him talk, hence ,only interrupting 6 times.
Mr Biden came accross to me and many others, as the person at a dinner table that you just have to put up with. Or more like a drunk uncle at christmas time.

Mark my words, the Republicans will win this election and it couldnt come any sooner. Obama has destroyed America with his spendthrift and social security culture.

EDIT - Only just realised that the report was a parody :lol:

Last edited:
I would add when someone is lying they should be interrupted.

Care to back up the lying accusation with some proof?
How about the democrats lied to the American people before the election by promising to turn things around and reduce the deficit?
They have actually doubled it and the situation is worse than before...

Deomcrats are the American version of our own pathetic Labour party. They want to squeeze every penny out of the hard working and give it to the leeches in society.

Just google vice presidential fact check my friend. It's all there. Ryan and his fudged up plan would take your country back to the dark ages.

Care to back up the lying accusation with some proof?
How about the democrats lied to the American people before the election by promising to turn things around and reduce the deficit?
They have actually doubled it and the situation is worse than before...

Deomcrats are the American version of our own pathetic Labour party. They want to squeeze every penny out of the hard working and give it to the leeches in society.

They haven't doubled it. And can you tell me who has owned congress since 2010? Thanks.

Labour = Dems? Lolz

Republicans = far right nazis who wouldn't get near office in Europe. Your taxes are far far far lower than the UK. An you spend fudge all on social programmes. Nada. Compared to Europe. Giving tax breaks to those warning more than 250k is obscene. Lets just put this down to ignorance and move on shall we!?

They haven't doubled it. And can you tell me who has owned congress since 2010? Thanks.

Sorry but that is a ridiculous statement. Can you remind me of who has been running the country since 2008?
And Paul Ryan came accross as genuine and I liked him as a person. I did do my own fact checking and he is honest in what he has said..

Obama on the other hand is a liar;

National Debt
2009: 10.6 Trillion
Now: 16 Trillion
Treasurydirect.gov

Food Stamps
2009: 32.2 million people enrolled
Now: 46.2 million people enrolled
Bloomberg.com

Unemployment
2009: 7.8%
Now: 8.3%
bls.gov

Median Household Income
2009: $54,983
Now: $50,964
forbes.com

Petrol Prices
2009: $1.85
Now: $3.80

Labour = Dems? Lolz

Republicans = far right nazis who wouldn't get near office in Europe. Your taxes are far far far lower than the UK. An you spend fudge all on social programmes. Nada. Compared to Europe. Giving tax breaks to those warning more than 250k is obscene. Lets just put this down to ignorance and move on shall we!?

Sorry but as soon as you accuse a centre-right political party of being Nazi's then you have lost the argument by being so petulant.
You do know that the Nazi's commited genocide? Not just freudian slips of the tongues..

Sorry but as soon as you accuse a centre-right political party of being Nazi's then you have lost the argument by being so petulant.
You do know that the Nazi's commited genocide? Not just freudian slips of the tongues..

I'd say both parties (and by proxy all three here in the UK) use of depleted uranium makes them both very close to Nazi-like, just less overt, it is a silent genocide.

I sincerely hope this is a joke, tbh

Enjoy some of your posting and the fact you always look for alternative solutions - but THAT is one of the biggest scams in the lat 5 years

I believe in some far out things! You often read of people who act like they are powerful when they are not, who become powerful. People who act victims who become victims etc. Surprised you feel strongly there is nothing in it TBH.

Lol. Unemployment is 7.8.

And if Obama had balanced the budget in 2009 your economy would have completely tanked. Unemployment increased by 2 million under bush. He drove the economy into the ground. Those are the facts. And Obama has inherited a complete fudge up. The whole world is praying for Romney to lose. The guy USA grade A **** and filth like him shouldn't be anywhere near the job. Just ask the thousands o people he laid off under Bain.

Centre right? In your head. To the rest I the world these guys are extreme right wing.

Centre right? In your head. To the rest I the world these guys are extreme right wing.

Amazing, isn't it?

The Republicans and the unreformed European left (including many in the Labour party, e.g. Ed Balls) share the same simplistic thought processes. We can solve the budget deficit by cutting taxes and stimulating the economy through trickle down effects or we can solve the budget deficit by increasing spending to stimulate the economy. Neither consider that it needs a mix of spending cuts and revenue increases, based on rational thinking about what are good things to spend money on and what are bad things (education, health, welfare, defence, etc) and what are good or bad tax policies (soaking the rich, soaking small business and the middle classes, allowing tax-havens , etc). Both blame the current governments regardless of the facts and promote the same irresponsible tax-cut/spending policies of the governments who partly caused the mess in the first place.

There is also an intellectual disconnect. Obama is responsible for the economic figures from the moment he came in. The increases in employment before any of his economic policies could have an influence have nothing to do with the economic policies of Bush and are all his fault (including the extensions of Bush policies passed by a Republican Congress). The reality is that the unemployment figures increased early in Obama's term and have since come down. You can argue that its little to do with Obama and just a reflection of the economic cycle, but then you can blame Obama for the problem.

Obama has been a poor President in difficult times. Bush was a bad President through his deliberate policies. Romney threatens to make Bush look good.

:ross:

Come on.

The fact that he thought that article was real sums it all up for me (even without that photo) ;)

The Onion does plenty of Joe Biden spoof pieces, basically creating a new persona for him that is a bit like the stereotype that Bush Hill laid out: drunken uncle who's lewd at the dinner table.

Back