• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Midfield link - who's the man we need?

Tom Carroll

Just give the lad a season, Lallana was so so two seasons ago now he looks like a good prem player. Give Carroll the time.

Both Carroll and Bentaleb are players that could develop into that role.

Short term I'm not sure if either are ready to be first choice and we need someone that can be I think. Why someone like Carrick looks so intriguing to me.

Pjanic??? are some people having a laugh. please watch the games for 90 minutes and not just highlights. Pjanic criminally plays way to many side passes and back passes. Ive seen him too many times get the ball in good positions and where a quick pass was needed he just ponders on the ball and by then the opposing team are back in numbers.

We are searching for a more penetrating ball player.

Its evident from this world cup and the last EPL that teams who move the ball quickly (Holland, Germany, Liverpool) are dominating most games and teams who ponder (Spain, England, Spurs under AVB) suffer.

At times Pjanic looks to have Modric like potential with his ghosting into good positions to receive the ball but thats where the similarity ends. Most of the time once he gets the ball he doesn't penetrate

Last edited:
Pjanic??? are some people having a laugh. please watch the games for 90 minutes and not just highlights. Pjanic criminally plays way to many side passes and back passes. Ive seen him too many times get the ball in good positions and where a quick pass was needed he just ponders on the ball and by then the opposing team are back in numbers.

Its evident from this world cup and the last EPL that teams who move the ball quickly (Holland, Germany, Liverpool) are dominating most games and teams who ponder (Spain, England, Spurs under AVB) suffer.

At times Pjanic looks to have Modric like potential with his ghosting into good positions to receive the ball but thats where the similarity ends. Most of the time once he gets the ball he doesn't penetrate

I'm sorry. I'm a Roma fan and this is horse****. You dismiss Pjanic, yet you want a Bender brother? **** off :lol:

How much have you seen of Pjanic?

I can't see why Bentaleb couldn't play that role just as well as all the "big names" you're suggesting.

In time I think he could, but relying on a 19-20 year old to perform consistently in that role as our first choice is a big ask.

I really think he's shown enough last season and in the WC to say yes he can do it and age doesn't really come in to it.

southampton are getting stripped apart

is there any chance we will get schneiderlin now?

its clear even in glimpses he's the one

Rumours were that they would only let three of their players go before they started blocking others off by demanding above market value. If Poch truly wants Lovren, then I think Schneiderlin will be at Southampton this coming season, as I doubt they will consent to losing anyone else.

Back