• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Microbrews.

johnola

Mauricio Taricco
If any of you guys have had any amazing beer from any of the burgeoning microbreweries please can you name the beer and the brewery here.

I exhort you try; :
Export India Porter: From Kernel brewery, Bermondsey.
Black Barley wine: Arbor brewery, Bristol.

Drink reprehensibly.

Thanks gents.

Harvest Pale and Hemlock Bitter, Castle Rock Brewery in Nottingham.

http://www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/

Not sure exactly what size of brewery qualifies as a microbrewery, presumably it's something to do with output. I'm guessing they're OK cos there's a picture of em on the wiki page for microbrewery ;)

Harvest Pale and Hemlock Bitter, Castle Rock Brewery in Nottingham.

http://www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/

Not sure exactly what size of brewery qualifies as a microbrewery, presumably it's something to do with output. I'm guessing they're OK cos there's a picture of em on the wiki page for microbrewery ;)

I love castle Rock. I dont care for the light ales but their dark ones are great. Wouldnt class it as a microbrewery as you can buy it in bottles in Tesco.

I love castle Rock. I dont care for the light ales but their dark ones are great. Wouldnt class it as a microbrewery as you can buy it in bottles in Tesco.

So long as it's a decent beer. I'll look out for it.
Microbreweries are producing some amazing stuff and are proliferating, I just don't want to miss out, am drinking less and just want quality.

There's a brewery out of Tottenham called Redemption, very good stuff too iirc.

Cheers Erik, didn't know you could get it in Tescos, I'll look out for it when I next go :) (Although never as good out of a bottle, IMO).

If we're just talking favourite ales - Bateman's (Lincolnshire) XB and Everards (Leicestershire) Tiger are high on my list.

I expect i'm in a minority here but I actually prefer my ale out of a bottle, the Badger ones you get in tesco for example taste better than the same stuff from pump, it could well be the pubs I drink in but having tried Badger ale in a few different pubs and finding the same thing in each i'm leaning more to it being the way they barrel and transport it

Back