• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

I'm probably getting carried away but this fella seems like he could be the next player to become a genuine superstar at Spurs. In the line of Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Kane

Biggest concern for him is his body holding up, the rest is there

And he fudging loves it at Spurs ... his reaction on scoring was off the chart

Biggest concern for him is his body holding up, the rest is there

And he fudging loves it at Spurs ... his reaction on scoring was off the chart
I think the real concern will be keeping him around, the 'big' clubs will be all over it..

Just the names mentioned by @tommysvr Berbatov, Modric, Bale.. we know what happens. Hopefully not this time
Whilst I agree there's always that element of concern those players were some time ago when we not as competitive financially as we can be now. More recent stars Son and Kane, Son has stayed all this time and I dont believe a big club has never come sniffing even if not played out in the media. And with Kane we kept him the whole time despite about four seasons of the media selling him to Man U, and then Emirates Marketing Project coming for him in a big way and we still kept him for his real peak years before getting a great price for a guy with one year left on contract.

In short, if a superstar ever was to leave us we shouldn't be fearful because we would get an extortionate amount of money for the player and we now have the recruitment team to ensure we invest correctly.....

Whilst I agree there's always that element of concern those players were some time ago when we not as competitive financially as we can be now. More recent stars Son and Kane, Son has stayed all this time and I dont believe a big club has never come sniffing even if not played out in the media. And with Kane we kept him the whole time despite about four seasons of the media selling him to Man U, and then Emirates Marketing Project coming for him in a big way and we still kept him for his real peak years before getting a great price for a guy with one year left on contract.

In short, if a superstar ever was to leave us we shouldn't be fearful because we would get an extortionate amount of money for the player and we now have the recruitment team to ensure we invest correctly.....

Son was more a question of national service. We gave him a new contract, then released him for the asian games (we didn't have to, not a fifa event). They won gold, he got let off national service.

A big gamble that paid off. Think he is grateful aswell. His dad also seems to think we are the right club for him.

Just the names mentioned by @tommysvr Berbatov, Modric, Bale.. we know what happens. Hopefully not this time

And the last of those was a decade ago, the last time we sold a player on the up was Bale.

The club no longer "needs" to sell players, what it has to do now is produce the environment/results that will make players want to stay.

And the last of those was a decade ago, the last time we sold a player on the up was Bale.

The club no longer "needs" to sell players, what it has to do now is produce the environment/results that will make players want to stay.
Hope that's something the Ange era will provide

Let's hope so.

Nothing wrong with selling a good player, even the best do it. You just need too many of them in the first place:).

Part of our 'trying to bridge the gap' strategy should be moving a player on for good money while knowing (judging ) it's not to the detriment of the team

I see you said on the up.

I still See Kane's sale as a major loss and that was last summer. He was our best player. And that is the point.

I see you said on the up.

I still See Kane's sale as a major loss and that was last summer. He was our best player. And that is the point.

He kept Kane for over a decade mate, he sold him at 30 after he had scored 260 goals for us.

Do I see Kane going as a positive? no, not matter how you spin it but I really don't think you can stretch his sale to be a narrative around "Spurs always sells their best players". United could not hold on to Ronaldo until he was 30, City won't hold on to Haaland until he's 30 ..

He kept Kane for over a decade mate, he sold him at 30 after he had scored 260 goals for us.

Do I see Kane going as a positive? no, not matter how you spin it but I really don't think you can stretch his sale to be a narrative around "Spurs always sells their best players". United could not hold on to Ronaldo until he was 30, City won't hold on to Haaland until he's 30 ..
I agree with you. At some point there is always a bigger Fish than us. So its somewhat inevitable.

I think United do a good job of that not really happening. Maybe not now. city though. I would be interested to see what would happen if Real wanted to buy haaland for example. City dont need to sell of course and they are winning all. But interesting thought.

I agree with you. At some point there is always a bigger Fish than us. So its somewhat inevitable.

I think United do a good job of that not really happening. Maybe not now. city though. I would be interested to see what would happen if Real wanted to buy haaland for example. City dont need to sell of course and they are winning all. But interesting thought.

Haaland is going, he has a release clause (after two years) that for all intents and purposes is less than City paid for him (after daddy bonus, agent fees, etc.), even more so if it looks like City will ever be held accountable for their nonsense

Back