• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

Can someone remind us how long out each grade of hamstring injury is? GHod I hope this isn't serious. We are fudged if he is not back until January

Can someone remind us how long out each grade of hamstring injury is? GHod I hope this isn't serious. We are fudged if he is not back until January
When you have that much difficulty walking it's usually a bad one (remember Kane at St Marys?) If it's a reattachment job it will be months.

That said, Pedro Netos looked really bad the other day and hes reported to be out for not too long.

When you have that much difficulty walking it's usually a bad one (remember Kane at St Marys?) If it's a reattachment job it will be months.

That said, Pedro Netos looked really bad the other day and hes reported to be out for not too long.
A detachment tear normally shows bruising and bleeding very very quickly… like 30 seconds.
I’ve seen it twice and it’s horrible because you can also what the snap

But it looked bad. He was running towards us and his face said a lot

He also held his stomach muscles which to me is a sign of the pain

FFS I thought they had these body scans now that show when muscles are in the red zone and could pull or tear.

He certainly didn’t do any weird movement so must have been bubbling away and getting close in recent weeks.

FFS I thought they had these body scans now that show when muscles are in the red zone and could pull or tear.

He certainly didn’t do any weird movement so must have been bubbling away and getting close in recent weeks.
I did wonder if all the VAR induced stop start nature of the 1st half contributed.

They do a warm up for a reason. It was a chilly night and it was 5 mins action, 3 mins standing around, 5 mins action, 3 mins standing around....rinse and repeat. Explosive players probably suffer more in this regard.

Just a thought, could be bollox.

Gutted for him and for us. He's one of our most important players. It's like a gtr if jail free card with our high line and his pace to get back.
Looked a bad one
Whatever slim chance we had to mount a proper title challenge, was dependant on VDV avoiding lengthy injuries, IMO. Our key player for the system we play now. Hopefully it looked worse than it is.

I did wonder if all the VAR induced stop start nature of the 1st half contributed.

They do a warm up for a reason. It was a chilly night and it was 5 mins action, 3 mins standing around, 5 mins action, 3 mins standing around....rinse and repeat. Explosive players probably suffer more in this regard.

Just a thought, could be bollox.

I'm pretty sure of it .. elite athletes warm up for a reason. Asking them to stand still for an unknown period (30 seconds -> 5 mins+) on a cold night then sprint immediately after, and do that 10 times a game (last night had 10 VAR interventions) is macaronic

I don't think many will disagree.

Personally I think he is more valuable than Romero because his pace can help cover a less mobile partner should Romero be out.

Indeed. I like Romero and he gets some unfair stick from some fans but as you say the pace of VDV is so important to us.

Gutted to lose him, his pace is brilliant for our side. But also he is amazing on the ball and tough. Its a big loss.

should push us to get that needed CB in Jan. But we have 9 games before then. Dier and romero together ( after his ban ) sounds like a nightmare. Would have preferred we kept Sanchez back then. I think we just got rid because its been so hard to move him, and I get that. But we needed the cover really.

Some will disagree but imo he will be the player we miss most IF he is out for a while.

Maybe. But maddison is a huge loss. Vicario would be aswell, if he got injured. Then you have son.

Lets hope we can compensate. The academy players might have to be called on to do a job. Davies out we need a lb and cb.

I wonder ( when back of course ) if Udogie can play LCB, he has pace and he is strong. Would need someone to cover him then though.

Back