• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

On top of his other copious attributes, it is incredible to see that turn of pace he has. Struggle to see any player in the league out sprinting him over a decent distance. Think it's great security for Romero, who can go and be aggressive and intercept like he is so good at doing - safe in the knowledge that VDV is there to mop up behind.

We've got a top class CB partnership all of a sudden. Both of their games really complement each other and they are both so calm and composed on the ball. All good teams have this!

I hope we never sign another defender that isn't good, calm and composed on the ball. It's just never going to really work out.

I'm really happy with the signing of VdV of course. But also hoping we didn't just fluke our way into getting it right. That it was a good process where those attributes and that potential partnership made us go for him over other options.

I hope we never sign another defender that isn't good, calm and composed on the ball. It's just never going to really work out.

I'm really happy with the signing of VdV of course. But also hoping we didn't just fluke our way into getting it right. That it was a good process where those attributes and that potential partnership made us go for him over other options.

I don't think we did, there were plenty options that while not immediately brand names, had a higher profile, home grown, probably cost less.

Left footed, pace to cover the exposure in the system, press resistant and young enough to be molded, that doesn't scream fluke. Btw, someone did mention Ange had actually looked at him while at Celtic.

I’m like the Russian bloke who’s partial to a bit of Dutch.

I. Villski Suckimov

If he carries on demonstrating such exceptional excellence in a Lilywhite shirt.

Absolutely love the Palace booing as him and Romero passed it back and forth. Mourinho/Conte this is what defensive football is about! Taking the P!ss not boring the 4rse off the opposition.....and us.

He's the key player for us, IMO. His speed and ability to Intercept is so vital to everything we do. No one is irreplacable, but VDV is the closest - the defensive dynamic would be far worse off with a different player partnering Romero.

That moment when Edouard smashed him in the side of the knee...I was concerned at the prospect of Dier coming on.

Only 22 yet plays with a maturity that makes him look a more established player. Having Romero alongside him helps but the kid has a hell of a future if he keeps progressing.

What a player we have and mad that he is only 22 years old.
It allows Romero to be aggressive and take a risk attacking the ball, knowing that if he misses then Micky can race in behind to sweep up.

Seems to have an excellent mentality for premier league football too

If he played for City or Liverpool he would be tossed over by the media ... I don't mind him flying under the radar

If he played for City or Liverpool he would be tossed over by the media ... I don't mind him flying under the radar
I don't think he will be under the radar for long.
His speed for a tall guy is just astounding. Once we reach half the season and have played all teams he will be noticed.

I don't think he will be under the radar for long.
His speed for a tall guy is just astounding. Once we reach half the season and have played all teams he will be noticed.

I don't even think he is under the radar. SKY were all over him.on Friday and everyone knows just how good he is now

I was pretty quick, and at 13 someone suggested I should try out athletics and sprint. Within less than a year I improved my 60 m by 3/10s of a second, and almost made it to sub 7 seconds on the 60m. 7.02 is pretty darn quick for a 14 year old. I probably could have been a decent sprinter if I had continued, but I had little interest in it. Thought it was too one dimensional and boring.

Lot of kids think that way, when my boy was playing kid in team was lightning but not much else, I was talking with his dad and suggested he tried athletics and he told me he had been trying to getting do it but he wasn't interested, it was a disappointment to him as he had represented Jamaica himself as a youth.

Back