• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michy Batshuayi

And now we'll prevaricate til August in order to save ourselves a few weeks' wages and by which time he'll take the Euros by storm and price will go up.

i know the script just writes itself doesnt it!

If this happens this time around then despite being pro levy, I will view this as gross mismanagement.

Transfers happen in the last fortnight of August. That's just how the system works now. The only way to avoid that is to massively overpay.

Why on earth would Marseille sell before their star player goes off to the shop window of the Euros?

Transfers happen in the last fortnight of August. That's just how the system works now. The only way to avoid that is to massively overpay.

Why on earth would Marseille sell before their star player goes off to the shop window of the Euros?

Sometimes i wonder if you are a actually a bot to generate traffic: first you want to pay 35M for Rashford and Fosu-Mensah (totally contradicting what you usually say about who we should buy and for how much - for example is Rashford better and worth more than Berahino/Batshuayi?), then you state that you overpay massively if you buy before the last two weeks of the window!
Did you think we overpayed massively for Alderwireld? Or Wimmer?

Sometimes i wonder if you are a actually a bot to generate traffic: first you want to pay 35M for Rashford and Fosu-Mensah (totally contradicting what you usually say about who we should buy and for how much - for example is Rashford better and worth more than Berahino/Batshuayi?), then you state that you overpay massively if you buy before the last two weeks of the window!
Did you think we overpayed massively for Alderwireld? Or Wimmer?

I was being largely hypothetic about the Man U duo. Even though Mourinho won't favour them, I don't think they will be available till next summer

Wimmer was a very low profile player from a team near the bottom of the Bundesliga, while Alder was actively being pushed out by Athletico (remember Soton had a clause to make his loan permanent, before we found a loophole). They were both very different situations to the star man for a club that's in quite serious financial trouble, and essentially needs the maximum windfall to stabilise the club. He's a Berbatov/Modric/Bale for them - they'll squeeze every penny and know the optimum time to sell will be late August.

Aren't Borussia Mon. selling their star player to Arsenal now?

This transfer window won't be any different to any other.At some point we will get a striker hopefully,maybe, possibly.

Arsenal are overpaying hugely for quite an average player.

Overpaying happens throughout. The bottom line is that the two deals in our recent history which were done speedily (Berbatov and Modric) were two of the most successful signings in our recent history. As long as Poch gets what he wants WHEN he wants, then all good. I think the only reason he would be OK waiting is on the basis that the Euros fudge his pre-season anyway.

Granit Xhaka is a massive upgrade to their midfield. Him and Cazorla can form a formidable duo.

XHakha is a good player but will be suspended a lot form what I've seen

Cazorla cannot play central midfield in this league - he is a. Era good player but just gets swamped every time I've seen him under pressure playing in a 2... He even cried off sick against us

Granit Xhaka is a massive upgrade to their midfield. Him and Cazorla can form a formidable duo.

He's a not-quite-as-good, but will be fit, Wiltshire.

Considering they are losing Rosicky, Arteta and probably Flamini, I don't see that as strengthening.

Just to mention that the Nike kit deal has been announced (reported in The Times today, see Northumberland and New Kit threads) and The Goat said a week or so ago it was done....The Goat also said a deal for Michy Batshuayi would be sorted out after the cup final......

Back