• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michel Vorm

Would you let Vorm continue in goal or bring Hugo straight back in?
I'm not sure as I prefer Vorm's kicking.

I've not been one of Vorm's biggest fans but he has saved us on numerous occasions and let in just the one goal, a penalty, in the two and a half games he's played. If he continues this form by the time Hugo returns to full fitness, then IMO he should hold onto his place.

He was a very competent keeper for Swansea no? Surprised we got him as a number two, as he's good enough to be a number one.

he started well at Swansea but his last season there saw his form drop dramatically, so much so they signed Fabianski to replace him as first choice. so there is an idea he was past his best - his performances so far this season may have changed that thinking around

he started well at Swansea but his last season there saw his form drop dramatically, so much so they signed Fabianski to replace him as first choice. so there is an idea he was past his best - his performances so far this season may have changed that thinking around

You're correct , he was decent before his final season at Swansea but then played like he's heart wasn't in it. I could say cowardly, and that's the last thing you want from your goalie.

Even in the games he's appeared for us prior to these last three games, to me he's seemed to play half-hearted and not been at it, staying on his line rather making the decisions to come for the ball.
I guess it's difficult without a run of games and not being recocognised as the manager's #1. But he does seem hungry for the fight again, like when we first saw him play for the Swansea and this can only be a good thing for us .

It's always interesting to read old comments on some of our current players.

Some of the comments this time last year were vicious! You'd think we'd sign the worst GK in history.

But credit to @parklane1, @StephenH and @Bedfordspurs for recognising there's a decent keeper in there when he wasn't performing and was in horrendous form

Some of the comments this time last year were vicious! You'd think we'd sign the worst GK in history.

But credit to @parklane1, @StephenH and @Bedfordspurs for recognising there's a decent keeper in there when he wasn't performing and was in horrendous form

I genuinely don't think he was in horrendous form... For form you need a number of games to judge someone on

He is a back up keeper that needs games to come in and play and now he and that assuring he is playing well

He has always been a decent keeper from what i have seen and i do not believe its just Vorm being called brick, i have seen over the years keepers like Friedel, Cudicini suffer the same fate, ie they are second choice keepers so they must be rubbish.

When in all honesty they were all decent keepers.

I wonder if this has implications for Lopez (i.e. he won't be retained)? Lopez is too experienced/high-profile to remain a 3rd choice.

This isn't going to go down well.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/wh...r-said-than-done-for-tottenham-223906183.html

Meanwhile, Kieran Trippier and Michel Vorm – who came from Burnley and Swansea respectively – have become trusted squad men, to the extent that Vorm seems set to start next month’s FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.

The Dutchman has played in every domestic cup tie this season, keeping clean sheets in the last two rounds against Fulham and Millwall – and Pochettino has suggested he will allow the 33-year-old to play in the final four at Wembley as well.

“Hugo has been playing in the Premier League and European competitions, and when you have a player like Michel Vorm who is capable of playing at any club, he deserves to maybe play in the semi-final – why not?” said the manager.

“I remember on the opening day of the season, when Hugo was injured against Everton after a few minutes, he came on and played very well. Then remember the game he had against Liverpool." data-reactid="91" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">“You cannot say anything about the quality of Michel Vorm because he is a very experienced goalkeeper, and the way he has been working since day one when he arrived here, and how professional he has been, and how much he has helped Hugo to be one of the best keepers in the world, I think maybe he deserves the trust and the confidence to play at Wembley.
“I remember on the opening day of the season, when Hugo was injured against Everton after a few minutes, he came on and played very well. Then remember the game he had against Liverpool.

“I think in that moment the people and the fans and the club realised the keeper that we have on the bench, no? It was very important. Why not, to play with Michel?”

Personally I don't think we should let "being nice to old Michel" stand in the way of winning this game. Our best keeper is Lloris. We could be nice to Wimmer or Son or anyone, but no. Play Lloris.

Back