• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Gove

im no tory scumbag, but id have Hauge back in a flash. get rid of this tinkleant no-mandate toff and get a statesman in, a real man. Gove is another in a long line of career sluts. You can complain about Cam being a careerist born for the role but at least Hague has the gravitas of a leader. Gove is just another kerbcrawler.

Hague is very impressive, got the job way to early but still kept Blair on his toes in PMQ's, hopefully he'll get another run at it one day, could be great PM.

Hague is very impressive, got the job way to early but still kept Blair on his toes in PMQ's, hopefully he'll get another run at it one day, could be great PM.

Hague was impressive, he has now morphed into a standard Europhile. The revelations about his decidedly strange relationship with his (male) special adviser have ensured he will no longer rock the boat.

Gove, M (2004). 'I can't hold it back anymore. I love Tony!'

Surely not Southstand?

He's pretty proficient at lying or 'making mistakes' as well so wouldn't be all that happy with someone like him as PM. Put me in the Hague over Gove camp.

brick, things must be dire if you lot are casting around for alternatives to Cameron already.

Cameron is proving a disaster as PM, and will probably be the driver in the implosion of the Conservative Party. They really should have elected a Conservative as Party leader......

The election of a relative moderate like Cameron is what makes the Conservatives electable. I've met some of the more 'old school' conservatives away from what they're like in the media and some of their views wouldn't go down that well with the electorate. The majority of Brits have little time for extreme politics imo which is why both the conservatives and labour have increasingly moved to the centre of the political spectrum.

Though he needs to change his views on Europe, he's haemorrhaging votes to UKIP on that one.

Last edited:
The election of a relative moderate like Cameron is what makes the Conservatives electable. I've met some of the more 'old school' conservatives away from what they're like in the media and some of their views wouldn't go down that well with the electorate. The majority of Brits have little time for extreme politics imo which is why both the conservatives and labour have increasingly moved to the centre of the political spectrum.

I think the majority of Brits are apathetic to politics in general, ignoring the word extreme. Some lack the mental capacity.

Which is a disgusting shame when you think about how politics shapes our lives (and deaths)

Though he needs to change his views on Europe, he's haemorrhaging votes to UKIP on that one.

Except that they're not are they? Having failed to secure a majority against a totally discredited Labour Government led by the worst Prime Minister in recent history, they voluntarily emasculated themselves by forming a Coalition with the Liberal Democrats.

A Conservative leader with any cojones whatsoever would have governed as a minority and gone to the country six months later. The problem is that Cameron is not a Conservative. I'm not sure whether he has any cojones either. Hence his willingness, eagerness even, to minimise any Conservative bent to his Government.

He is a one term Prime Minister.

I think the majority of Brits are apathetic to politics in general, ignoring the word extreme. Some lack the mental capacity.

Which is a disgusting shame when you think about how politics shapes our lives (and deaths)

I guess its partly because of our electoral system. In some areas, your vote is genuinely worthless and it is like you don't live in a democracy. A Conservative/Labour stronghold and there is no point whatsoever of voting for the other party. Your vote means nothing.

And also because most politicians, across the full political spectrum, are lying, cheating hypocrites, who steal from the population and care only about themselves, their bank balance and chances of being re-elected, rather than actually helping the population. Policies, on both sides, are usually shaped by ideology, not by hard facts. Maybe I've got the old twinkle in my eye and a bit of misplaced nostalgia but I genuinely feel that politicians before were closer to their constituencies' interests and views than they are now.

Except that they're not are they? Having failed to secure a majority against a totally discredited Labour Government led by the worst Prime Minister in recent history, they voluntarily emasculated themselves by forming a Coalition with the Liberal Democrats.

A Conservative leader with any cojones whatsoever would have governed as a minority and gone to the country six months later. The problem is that Cameron is not a Conservative. I'm not sure whether he has any cojones either. Hence his willingness, eagerness even, to minimise any Conservative bent to his Government.

He is a one term Prime Minister.

A PM who governs as a minority in a deep recession for 6 months in a blatant attempt at politicking, when the country needs a leader who is willing to step above party interests and work for the interests of the country, is going to get roundly smashed in the next election.

What have the Lib Dems even done?

I guess its partly because of our electoral system. In some areas, your vote is genuinely worthless and it is like you don't live in a democracy. A Conservative/Labour stronghold and there is no point whatsoever of voting for the other party. Your vote means nothing.

And also because most politicians, across the full political spectrum, are lying, cheating hypocrites, who steal from the population and care only about themselves, their bank balance and chances of being re-elected, rather than actually helping the population. Policies, on both sides, are usually shaped by ideology, not by hard facts. Maybe I've got the old twinkle in my eye and a bit of misplaced nostalgia but I genuinely feel that politicians before were closer to their constituencies' interests and views than they are now.

Some areas = England.

We as a country vote Conservative, those scroungers attached to our borders vote the other lot in.

Back