• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mens fashion...

I have no discernible fashion sense so can't really comment on men's fashion, but I do know one thing when it comes to women's fashion and I've thought this for a long time.

They need to start putting dart boards outside the changing rooms in these shops so we have something to do whilst we're waiting.

Actually I DO have something to contribute!

I've got a pair of brown suede brasher boots and they were ****ed. Had black smoothness all over the toes and I thought they were just gone. Went into clarks and spoke to a very nice lady who pointed me in the direction of this pumice type bar.

Absolutely worked wonders. Dry scrubbed that over them and gave them a brush up and they're looking good as new!

So there's a tip for people like me who didn't know **** like this existed!

I got given a t shirt from next it had one it 3 men in England shirts with Lions heads instead of human heads. I sometimes wonder what posses people to go out of their way to **** me off.

just in general. If i am going somewhere, commuting to work perhaps, i dont want my feet getting wet due to rain.

Around here most people wear Hunters as you can keep them on all day. Le Chameau are the ones to go for if money is no object.

If it's just for going to work a well-made pair of leather shoes shouldn't leak.

Around here most people wear Hunters as you can keep them on all day. Le Chameau are the ones to go for if money is no object.

If it's just for going to work a well-made pair of leather shoes shouldn't leak.

I agree every man should have decent shoes and if they are decent, the leather will serve you well in all conditions.

If there's one thing we do well in this country its make damn good shoes.

John Lobb, Crockett & Jones, Church’s, Jeffrey West, Edward Green, Sargent, Foster & Son, Cleverley etc.......

Everyone should try to stay away from places on the highstreet like Schuh, Burtons and Jones and if they can invest in a quality pair of shoes. You don't need to break the bank you can get a quality pair of brogues for about £300 and they'll last you a lot lot longer, good shoes make the man.

I agree every man should have decent shoes and if they are decent, the leather will serve you well in all conditions.

If there's one thing we do well in this country its make damn good shoes.

John Lobb, Crockett & Jones, Church’s, Jeffrey West, Edward Green, Sargent, Foster & Son, Cleverley etc.......

Everyone should try to stay away from places on the highstreet like Schuh, Burtons and Jones and if they can invest in a quality pair of shoes. You don't need to break the bank you can get a quality pair of brogues for about £300 and they'll last you a lot lot longer, good shoes make the man.

Russell & Bromley are ok for high street. They do Moresci shoes - I have a pair and they're excellent.

Has anyone tried Thread you choose the sort of styles that you like and what sort of clothes you're looking for and they assign you a stylist who then sends you outfits every week, you can then say yes or no to the styles and they'll send you more.

Quite good if you're not sure what suits you, I've been using it for a few weeks and have found a couple of things on there. I emailed my stylist the other day to ask what type of sunglasses would suit me and she sent over about 5 or 6 pairs that were pretty good.

Definitely worth a look, especially as it doesn't cost anything.

Clicky clicky

shirts, talk to me...

need a shirt for a wedding im attending this weekend, ideally something which can be worn more casually as well as im not an office worker so rarely wear suits and don't want to have a shirt gathering dust never being used.

suit is navy tailored fit, will be worn with brown shoes - haven't got a tie either so feel free to throw in some suggestions for that as well :)

i think this is it :

Q6AmGc4.png

Last edited:
shirts, talk to me...

need a shirt for a wedding im attending this weekend, ideally something which can be worn more casually as well as im not an office worker so rarely wear suits and don't want to have a shirt gathering dust never being used.

suit is navy tailored fit, will be worn with brown shoes - haven't got a tie either so feel free to throw in some suggestions for that as well :)

i think this is it :

Q6AmGc4.png
Depending on your shape Lagerfeld cut some fantastic shirts and they're almost always on sale at TK Maxx/Brand Alley/etc.

For the pinnacle of casual shirts you need a McQueen harness shirt but you'll have to really search to get one at anything like a reasonable price. Try Vente Privee, they had a McQueen sale on recently.

McQueen is probably out of my budget mate - im shopping in the circa £100 bracket.

something i can pick up in town (LDN) before the weekend

McQueen is probably out of my budget mate - im shopping in the circa £100 bracket.

You'd be surprised. I've got a harness that cost me £80 in a sale. I've even got a Tom Ford that cost me £40!

But realistically, you won't find one in a sale that quickly. I can't comment on the longevity, but the cut on M&S Limited range Slim Fit is pretty decent.

I'd have a stroll along Jermyn Street. The shirts might be a bit more business than casual but there will be plenty of choice and most of the menswear shops have less formal lines.

You've got Turnbull & Asser, Hawes & Curtis, Thomas Pink, Harvie & Hudson, T. M. Lewin and DAKS all on the same street and you should be able to pick up something decent there for £40 or £50 and get a tie whilst you are at it.

Whilst you are in that part of town I would also have a look in J Crew on Regents Street. If their sale is still on, you should be able to pick up a bargain.

Cheers Milo - though im not sure if maybe they're all a bit dressy for what im after, i was thinking along the lines of GANT / Ralph Lauren / Paul Smith, something which can be dressed down when not paired with a suit - but being a scrubby old Electrician who never wears suits im not sure how their shirts dress 'up' if you know what i mean. Do the places above purely tailor for formal wear?

Back