• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mediterannean Cruise helps needed

Mr. Green

Stephen Kelly
Hi all, thinking of having a family trip next April. What I have in mind is a trip to Italy plus a cruise for a total of about 10-12 days.

Our trip this year was quite a rush, as it's very very tiring to bring a small baby train hopping and changing hotels etc. That's why I am considering taking a cruise.

But is it wise to bring a 3-year old kid to a 7D6N Mediterannean cruise? Would it be too long for such a small kid? Especially whether the season is suitable for cruise, bearing in mind my daughter has never been on a boat before.

Any recommendation for the destinations, i.e. whether it is better to go west (France/Spain) or east (Greece, Croatia/Turkey)?

And recommendation for the cruise company would be much appreciated too. I have just browsed the websites of Costa, Royal Caribbean, MSC or Princess.

I'd personally head east. Greek Islands etc. That's just a personal preference as I love that part of the world.

Thanks...I also prefer east. The problem with most of these cruises is that usually of of the day will be spent at open sea.

Yeah the whole cruise thing has never appealed to me. I've visited Santorini a few times and see people from the cruise ships come ashore and run around trying to do as much as possible. I'd rather do it at my own pace.

I went on a cruise once, through some island in the pacific (Vanuatu, new caledonia, lifou).

Cruise culture and me just clashed tho. It was either young bogan kids, old nannas and poppas who couldn't wait to tell you their life story or families who looked like they were having a brick time.

I just went with the wife. Probably first mistake, we should have gone with a few more friends to mix things up a bit.

Food was terrible. Even the silver service restaurant tasted like food shaped preservatives.

Thanks, I also thought of just doing a more leisure trip, may be spending a week at Mallorca. But I think it would be good to let my daughter have a taste of a boat trip.

I service the cruise industry in the Med and I would say that taking a 3 year old on a cruise is a mistake. If you do go try to find one that goes through the Corinth Canal as it is quite an experience also head east as the weather and islands visited are spectacular.

I service the cruise industry in the Med and I would say that taking a 3 year old on a cruise is a mistake. If you do go try to find one that goes through the Corinth Canal as it is quite an experience also head east as the weather and islands visited are spectacular.

Would appreciate if you can elaborate a bit more on the "taking a 3 year old on a cruise is a mistake" bit. As this is my main concern too.

Back