• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Interesting article in the Evening Standard today saying that Pochettino wants to build his team around Adebayor:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...am-team-around-emmanuel-adebayor-9519605.html

If true, you wonder what that would mean for Soldado...

If true, could just be good man management to make your must sulky but skillful forward feel so wanted? It's what I would be doing if I was a manager, massage the egos that need massaging, doesn't mean you have to put up with their sh1t if they kick off, just means they're less likely to play up.

If true, could just be good man management to make your must sulky but skillful forward feel so wanted? It's what I would be doing if I was a manager, massage the egos that need massaging, doesn't mean you have to put up with their sh1t if they kick off, just means they're less likely to play up.

Not that Id be particularly against it, but I think that article is a load of nonsense. Poch is/was on holiday and hasn't started coaching us yet. Do we really believe that the London Standard knows what his plans are? Having read their Sports pages on the way home from work for some time strikes me as one of their traditional speculative column fillers...

I liked the interview he shows the human side with the relaxed humour that you rarely saw from AVB and it didn't seem like an act like Sherwood look at me I'm just a crazy geezer interviews and I hope this is the key to him building better relationships with the players, board and fans than the previous few Spurs managers have managed

Sherwood heavy odds on for West Brom job now. Expect he'll try for some of our young boys - Bentaleb, Kane - on loan if he gets that gig.

I expect we'll want to send them somewhere where they'll be well-coached.

That we have 60 odd games to play and for some of those Ade might be injured, suspended, rested or at the CAN.

Then maybe Sherwood/West Brom would be a good place for them? Seems to me Sherwood did a decent job coaching/developing those two when he was here.

Anyway, going to be interesting in here if indeed Poch does build his team around Ade. I figured the Sherwood/Ade combo was a meltdown in here, but this has the potential to be even juicier.:)

Are some people seriously questioning his English from that? I understood every word he said and he seems to know exactly what he wants.
Perhaps the problem is the indigenous population's ignorance to foreign accents?

Are some people seriously questioning his English from that? I understood every word he said and he seems to know exactly what he wants.
Perhaps the problem is the indigenous population's ignorance to foreign accents?

I don't think anyone is seriously questioning his english, I think those who are are just under the misunderstanding that he can't speak english because he used an interpreter last year, when the reason he used one was to avoid having to talk to the press too much/being mis-quoted.

=D> well said.

Then maybe Sherwood/West Brom would be a good place for them? Seems to me Sherwood did a decent job coaching/developing those two when he was here.

Anyway, going to be interesting in here if indeed Poch does build his team around Ade. I figured the Sherwood/Ade combo was a meltdown in here, but this has the potential to be even juicier.:)

Please can everyone cut the Sherwood chat from this thread unless it is a direct comparison in his style against Poch.

We've no issues with Sherwood being discussed on a thread in General Football. There should be a really interesting discussion to be had once he has another job.

The problem is some of our fans will pick at any little thing because he was obviously not their first choice.

Back