• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

S
Yeah, I was wrong.
He's from Salford and says he's pretty neutral about the London clubs.

Of course he would!

Does make me laugh when people say (and journalists themselves say) they are impartial! They are writing about football because they love the game. I don’t know a single person who grew up loving the game but didn’t support anyone?! They clearly have their bias and to deny it is ridiculous.

I know some hacks own their bias and fair play to those, but the ones claiming impartiality are a joke!

I include SKY as a broadcaster in that as well, it serves their purpose for the most well supported clubs to be doing well and for big transfer stories to the same clubs to occur. For anyone to suggest SKY aren’t bias is completely ignorant, it’s just that they aren’t specifically bias against us, just everyone who’s not their self made darlings at the top over the last 28 years.

In his latest presser (yes I watch them all) Poch made it clear that he's not interested in signing players who are interested in 'the business' or 'the money.'

It's clear to me that while our transfer activities were possibly scuppered by stadium costs, Poch no doubt turned players down that he deemed to be unsuitable from a philosophical standpoint. Long may that continue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping we sign reinforcements at seasons end, but I also hope Poch stays true to his code and keeps squad harmony in check.

Love the guy.

Last edited:
In his latest presser (yes I watch them all) Poch made it clear that he's not interested in signing players who are interested in 'the business' or 'the money.'

It's clear to me that while our transfer activities were possibly scuppered by stadium costs, Poch no doubt turned players down that he deemed to be unsuitable from a philosophical standpoint. Long may that continue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping we sign reinforcements at seasons end, but I also Poch stays true to his code and keeps squad harmony in check.

Love the guy.

I have been saying that for a while now.
People need to start listening to the bloke properly (not you mate, I am referring to many others in the world in general, from the media who thought he'd run to Old Trafford to the people who still don't understand what he was saying by "being brave")...
I personally hope Pochettino relaxes his stance a little bit and takes on a star player here or there, or even a bit of old rich experience, but if he doesn't, if he continues on the path he is on I will be delighted because I trust him.
But people do need to start understanding that this is a very different man to most in his profession, and that he does not hide that fact. Many simply see him. as they would themselves in his position...

Anyone reckon he might be off (either sacked or will walk) if we don’t get CL football? He’s said some strange things this year; it’s probably not out of the question.

Can't believe anyone could think there would be even the slightest of chances of him getting the sack (based on performance)

And now United and Madrid have permanent managers in place i don't see where even the most pessimistic supporter would see him walking out on us for

From his post-match presser:

“Our players deserve massive credit,” the Spurs manager said. “You can not only judge Tottenham this season on the way they play or the position in the table but all the circumstances – playing at Wembley, moving from one stadium to another.

“My players are heroes and deserve a lot of credit and whatever happens in the end of the season, I’m going to be happy my players are heroes. The circumstances are so tough and we are doing everything to fight to be competitive.

“It is a shame we are not close [to the top of the league]. We were for a while but in the last few weeks we find our reality, our place. Of course I am disappointed today but being realistic we must be happy. We have a mini league now of seven game

NOW IS THE TIME FOR POCH AND THE PLAYERS TO DIG DEEP AND GET US TOP 4 AGAIN.

Can't believe anyone could think there would be even the slightest of chances of him getting the sack (based on performance)

And now United and Madrid have permanent managers in place i don't see where even the most pessimistic supporter would see him walking out on us for

I think Levy would see the first season in the new stadium without CL football as a massive failure, especially given our position a few weeks ago. It would be a final-season-Redknapp-type collapse and I wouldn’t rule anything out if it were to happen. We’ve all seen how ruthless DL can be.

I also wouldn’t rule out Poch walking away. He’s shown he’s a principled bloke and I believe that he would go if he felt he’d taken something as far as he could, or if he failed to achieve something he felt he should have. I could definitely see him taking a Pep-style year out to recharge at some point. Modern football management is incredibly demanding, as we all know, and that’s one of the reasons the modern manager tends to work in short bursts punctuated with breaks.

I don’t think either scenario is likely at season’s end - but I don’t think either is out of the question. I definitely have fingers crossed he’ll be here in August, having lost and gained a few when it comes to the squad.

Personally, I don’t like that attitude, I don’t think it’s our reality or place at all, I think we should have 15/20 points more this season, I don’t want the squad feeling that this form is in anyway acceptable.

Hopefully it’s just spin against a lot of things going wrong at once but this season has been awful imo, we’ve rarely been at our best and the summer can’t come soon enough.

Everyone in the squad and coaching staff need a kick up the arse for next season.

I think Levy would see the first season in the new stadium without CL football as a massive failure, especially given our position a few weeks ago. It would be a final-season-Redknapp-type collapse and I wouldn’t rule anything out if it were to happen. We’ve all seen how ruthless DL can be.

I also wouldn’t rule out Poch walking away. He’s shown he’s a principled bloke and I believe that he would go if he felt he’d taken something as far as he could, or if he failed to achieve something he felt he should have. I could definitely see him taking a Pep-style year out to recharge at some point. Modern football management is incredibly demanding, as we all know, and that’s one of the reasons the modern manager tends to work in short bursts punctuated with breaks.

I don’t think either scenario is likely at season’s end - but I don’t think either is out of the question. I definitely have fingers crossed he’ll be here in August, having lost and gained a few when it comes to the squad.

I think we are paying the price now for the lack of transfer activity/change ..

Most managers have a period where their methods work, then the ask for player to push harder, give more eventually wears off. Poch has actually had a very good run with very little sustained drop off form except this season.

We are kind of stuck, same players, same playing away from home from another season, same stadium distractions, same injuries (unable to sustain a first 11 for any real period of time), same opponents having yet another points record season.

Poch now has to figure out a way to get us across the line in a CL spot (genuinely don't think his job is at risk from Levy) and then we need an overhaul/refresh in summer.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but it's mine that you greatly misunderstand Levy, his intentions and his relationship with the manager if you think he'd consider sacking Poch come what may in the summer.

Redknapp was sacked for a lot more than just the collapse that season and was world aparts with Levy with regards to approach (long term/short term).

Will concede there's a minimal chance that Poch could walk away if he thinks he has hit a wall here.

I think we are paying the price now for the lack of transfer activity/change ..

Most managers have a period where their methods work, then the ask for player to push harder, give more eventually wears off. Poch has actually had a very good run with very little sustained drop off form except this season.

We are kind of stuck, same players, same playing away from home from another season, same stadium distractions, same injuries (unable to sustain a first 11 for any real period of time), same opponents having yet another points record season.

Poch now has to figure out a way to get us across the line in a CL spot (genuinely don't think his job is at risk from Levy) and then we need an overhaul/refresh in summer.

Definetly agree with all of this, only thing i'd add is we've spent over half of this season playing with probably our 4/5th choice centre midfield. Dembele, Dier, possibly Wanyama would have been in front of Winks - Sissoko at the start of the season!! I think instead of questioning poch and the coaching staff we should realise what a miraculous job he's done to have been challenging for the title, up until a month ago, and still being in the top four at this stage of the season.

I honestly believe that Poch will still be here next season( i see no reason what so ever for him not being here), the team ( or some of the players) is getting to the end of its shelf life ( imo) and he needs to address that this summer.

We really need to find a better mentality then some of the players seem to have and IF he fixes that then we will be fine.

I think Poch may want/need a change of scenery.
5 years is a very long time in football.
I'm not totally convinced we are not going see and may actually need a change.
Levy will be all over this, luckily.

Last edited:
Back