• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If all Enic care about is money and if they are building the club to sell it to some major money man for a huge profit, somthing that is often said, with some venom at times it must be said, then surely this is what the ENic out rude boys want? They want the club sold to someone willing to invest, big money men are only willing to invest in product which Enic are building, therefore if their legacy is selling the club to a Cash Rich owner based on where they have taken the club then I don't see how or why thats levelled at Lewis as a negative? Its surely a win win win if that happens?

I think, really, if ENIC were in it for a build it up/sell it on kind of move, they are well past the point where they could have made a massive profit.

And they have carried on past that point building the club up, both on and off the field.

I wonder why?

They could have sold up years ago and cashed in a ton of money, they didnt...

I think, really, if ENIC were in it for a build it up/sell it on kind of move, they are well past the point where they could have made a massive profit.

And they have carried on past that point building the club up, both on and off the field.

I wonder why?

They could have sold up years ago and cashed in a ton of money, they didnt...

What did they pay for their Stake in the club and whats it worth now? Surely the club is worth a fortune now, people talking about it being worth close a Billion quid a few months ago

Are we finally getting to the real issue here?

Just to make sure I have get this correct. Your wish is for us to be bought out by a person who will lavish their personal fortune on the club? That would be awesome. However finding such an individual/group might not be quite as easy as making the wish. There are also a fair few club owners who have lavished money (either via gits or loans) on clubs, putting them on unsustainable paths that then unravel rather badly when the money runs out.

This is what it is, an annoyance that personal fortune hasn’t been invested. Which ignores the whole idea of building a club, or a team culture, and the idea that most clubs that tried to get on the wave after Roman and Abu Dhabi are pretty much back where they started or worse off.

And the reason is, once you get on a negative spiral, it’s hard to get out of. You end of fighting against the tide with overpaid players that don’t want to be there, short term fixes to paper over cracks that contribute to a terrible team spirit and lack of culture, and everyone sees that it’s a club on the way down rather than on the way up.

Being seen to being on the way up is incredibly important. It’s why some of the best young talent in the world will commit to coming here, in the same way they will to Dortmund. But, if we decided to ‘go for it’ too soon, before we had the base of infrastructure that affords us the ability to respend to get back our position if things don’t go to plan, we risk losing the position we have, which is still more desirable than most clubs in the world. You’re forced to sell a Dele or an Eriksen for cheap, the replacements don’t have a similar ability or a potential, and the slide begins. Next summer, the wage budget gets trimmed more, the quality suffers.

Chelsea and City had owners so rich that they could afford to respend our of their own pockets if the first run didn’t work. Mike Ashley didn’t. Randy Lerner didn’t. Ellis Short didn’t. And Lewis and Levy either realised they couldn’t or had no inclination to do so. I assume they realised there was too much unpredictable in a sport that the sensible way to do it was to build your base of infrastructure to put the club in a position to be able to reinvest.

To be honest, the strategy is so blindingly obvious after so many years under their ownership I don’t know why it’s being argued. Is it moral? Maybe not. Is it something to be prouder of as a club and a fan base and the leaders that have made it happen to take a club from mediocrity to the top table without the equivalent of winning a lottery ticket? I’d say hell yes. It’s taken longer, we’ve needed patience, we’ve had to make some smart, long term moves and Poch came along at the perfect time, but we’re almost there. And I’m definitely proud.

Less the huge debt dont forget which has to sit somewhere

Yeh of course but that will be accounted for and the debt taken over by new owners on the basis that future profits will be huge. Once the new Stadium opens and the commercial side with NFL kicks in the sky is the limit.

You are still looking at a huge return on their £70m

Drop whatever you are doing and watch this. One of the most expressive interviews he's ever given. Gets better as it goes along and at the end he pretty much says he's staying

Thanks for sharing that - brilliant to watch and listen to, I was genuinely on the verge of tearing up a couple of times! How lucky we are to have found such a brilliant manager AND brilliant man when we needed him most - to bring us such success on the pitch in the present, whilst we invest most of our money off the pitch for our future.

Mods, can we set the site up so that the next time every member wants to make a post, they get taken to that video first?!

Drop whatever you are doing and watch this. One of the most expressive interviews he's ever given. Gets better as it goes along and at the end he pretty much says he's staying

Sign, or not sign [players]? Was better for the club to keep our best players and move [stadium]
Every single decision is shared
Puts to bed a couple of debates.

Yeh of course but that will be accounted for and the debt taken over by new owners on the basis that future profits will be huge. Once the new Stadium opens and the commercial side with NFL kicks in the sky is the limit.

You are still looking at a huge return on their £70m

Where are the huge profits coming from then?

City turnover more than us, have no debt and make a pittance

Well not hard to work out where their money goes

Its not going back to the owners is it?

The owners are subsidising everything as we know

So currently the top club in the land actually has its owner subsidising its squad huh make believe money and we expect a new owner to come in to make money....

Are we finally getting to the real issue here?

Just to make sure I have get this correct. Your wish is for us to be bought out by a person who will lavish their personal fortune on the club? That would be awesome. However finding such an individual/group might not be quite as easy as making the wish. There are also a fair few club owners who have lavished money (either via gits or loans) on clubs, putting them on unsustainable paths that then unravel rather badly when the money runs out.

It's been boiled down to that with Dubai many times before. He wants a sugar daddy, plain and simple.

And because he wants that he insults Levy with 'barely competent' and ''semi effective' back handed compliments, because they stand in the way of this.

He's salty about it. Quite possibly Veruca Salt(y) about it:D.

He won't do the journey. Even our great manager has to explain this to the repetitive 'when' questions from the gutter press.....usually with the same phrase ''time'.

Dubai is just unfortunate he was born a yid. If he was Chelsea, all would be ok in his world.

It's been boiled down to that with Dubai many times before. He wants a sugar daddy, plain and simple.

And because he wants that he insults Levy with 'barely competent' and ''semi effective' back handed compliments, because they stand in the way of this.

He's salty about it. Quite possibly Veruca Salt(y) about it:D.

He won't do the journey. Even our great manager has to explain this to the repetitive 'when' questions from the gutter press.....usually with the same phrase ''time'.

Dubai is just unfortunate he was born a yid. If he was Chelsea, all would be ok in his world.

Ah come on mate, I completely disagree with Dubai’s take on this but to say he’d be better off supporting Chelsea?!? fudging hell, I’m not sure there’s a lower place to go than supporting those clams.

Back