• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I don't agree with the idea that United interest strengthens his hand in the transfer window, he is either on board with the grand plan or he isn't, if he suddenly starts demanding a big spend (which I don't think for a second he will) then he's the wrong guy anyway.

I think it's more Levy/the Board keeping promises in terms of moving the club forward overall and transfers are a part of that, though not of course the be all and end all.
It's not like Levy hasn't been known to change goalposts or anything in the past:p

So do people actually think Poch to United is inevitable? Alot of the players are only here still because of him.

I do hope that if he does go we don’t end up with Mourinho.

So do people actually think Poch to United is inevitable? Alot of the players are only here still because of him.

I do hope that if he does go we don’t end up with Mourinho.
That won’t happen for many reasons, but mainly because sounds like he’ll be going back to Madrid for 18m a year....o_O

Pochettino would have been well aware back in the summer when he signed the new contract that Man U and Mourinho would not last.
So yesterdays events will have come as no surprise.
He and Levy will have been all over the United situation.

Very good point and overall on balance i'd probably agree; but, things change pretty quickly in football...

The reason I never worried about Utd is because I thought Madrid were the only club I thought we would need to worry about, especially as I do not see td playing Champions League football next season and i think we will be

What don’t you like about him?

His team's are very streaky. Reminds of Pardew in that sense. They get in ruts and don't bounce back too great. Also I want a proper winner if Poch leaves, someone the players can respect and who can bring in the winning mentality. Ancelotti would suit me, he likes London. Dunno what Jardim is up to now, but that was a huge achievement in the French league.

His team's are very streaky. Reminds of Pardew in that sense. They get in ruts and don't bounce back too great. Also I want a proper winner if Poch leaves, someone the players can respect and who can bring in the winning meteorology. Ancelotti would suit me, he likes London. Dunno what Jardim is up to now, but that was a huge achievement in the French league.

Agree re Howe and good point comparing to Pardew, though i think he is better but i take your point.
Ancelotti would be a horrible choice to follow Poch - all Poch's good work would go to waste i fell; don't know too much re Jardim

His team's are very streaky. Reminds of Pardew in that sense. They get in ruts and don't bounce back too great. Also I want a proper winner if Poch leaves, someone the players can respect and who can bring in the winning meteorology. Ancelotti would suit me, he likes London. Dunno what Jardim is up to now, but that was a huge achievement in the French league.

Jardim was class I agree

I wouldn’t pigeon hole Howes teams... people forget he is managing Bournemouth in the premier league. Bournemouth who wouldn’t exist by rights and don’t even own their ground. Yes they have spent money but they have progressed under him

Pochettino was asked whether the situation had influenced his mid-season transfer plans. Would he bring in any new signings next month?

The Spurs manager responded by shaking his head very deliberately before reaching into his tracksuit trouser pocket, turning it inside out and showing it was empty. To general amusement, he looked at his press officer. “He [the journalist] asks me if I am going to spend money,” Pochettino said. “I don’t have money!”

Pochettino was then asked whether the club had any money. Once again, he turned his pocket inside out to indicate it was empty.

The 46-year-old has expressed his frustration on a number of occasions about the restrictions to his budget – owing to the stadium – and he knows that austerity will remain the order of the day for some time. It was also interesting to hear him reference the long austerity years that Arsenal endured when they moved from Highbury to Emirates Stadium.

“One thing you need to understand is that Tottenham built a new training ground and built what is going to be one of the best stadiums in the world with our own resources,” Pochettino said. “It’s not like people came from I don’t know where and said: ’What is the cost of the new stadium and new facilities? Here’s £100m, £200m, £500m. And what does the manager want? Five players? OK, we’re going to invest £200m, £300m more!’

“We’re doing all these fantastic things with our own resources. It’s important to make that clear when we compare with another team. To be competitive like we are, it’s tough. It was tough for Arsenal, remember, in a different Premier League and a different period in England.”

Tottenham know that they face a fight to keep Pochettino in the summer but they will do everything in their power to do so. One factor in their favour is the lack of a buy-out clause in the five-year contract that he signed last May. Unusually, Pochettino does not have an agent and he negotiated the deal directly with the chairman, Daniel Levy.

Pochettino could come to regret the lack of a buyout clause because Levy, in theory, could demand a transfer fee for him, over and above the value of the remaining years on his contract. Pochettino earns £8.5m-a-year.
Sickening the way practically the entire media is wishing and willing Poch to United. They're stinking the place out with their nauseating agenda.

They can fudge right off, the lot of them.

The more I hear and read the more convinced I am that Poch won’t be going anywhere - certainly not until we’ve completed at least one full season in the new ground.

Anecdotally, too, a United fan I know said yesterday that he wouldn’t want Poch (apparently he “hasn’t proved himself”) and the only sensible Liverpool fan I know thought it out of the question that Poch would even consider swapping us for Utd given the current set-up at both clubs.

Pochettino was asked whether the situation had influenced his mid-season transfer plans. Would he bring in any new signings next month?

The Spurs manager responded by shaking his head very deliberately before reaching into his tracksuit trouser pocket, turning it inside out and showing it was empty. To general amusement, he looked at his press officer. “He [the journalist] asks me if I am going to spend money,” Pochettino said. “I don’t have money!”

Pochettino was then asked whether the club had any money. Once again, he turned his pocket inside out to indicate it was empty.

The 46-year-old has expressed his frustration on a number of occasions about the restrictions to his budget – owing to the stadium – and he knows that austerity will remain the order of the day for some time. It was also interesting to hear him reference the long austerity years that Arsenal endured when they moved from Highbury to Emirates Stadium.

“One thing you need to understand is that Tottenham built a new training ground and built what is going to be one of the best stadiums in the world with our own resources,” Pochettino said. “It’s not like people came from I don’t know where and said: ’What is the cost of the new stadium and new facilities? Here’s £100m, £200m, £500m. And what does the manager want? Five players? OK, we’re going to invest £200m, £300m more!’

“We’re doing all these fantastic things with our own resources. It’s important to make that clear when we compare with another team. To be competitive like we are, it’s tough. It was tough for Arsenal, remember, in a different Premier League and a different period in England.”

Tottenham know that they face a fight to keep Pochettino in the summer but they will do everything in their power to do so. One factor in their favour is the lack of a buy-out clause in the five-year contract that he signed last May. Unusually, Pochettino does not have an agent and he negotiated the deal directly with the chairman, Daniel Levy.

Pochettino could come to regret the lack of a buyout clause because Levy, in theory, could demand a transfer fee for him, over and above the value of the remaining years on his contract. Pochettino earns £8.5m-a-year.

Sigh. Disappointing, but at least it finally kills off the 'we have a separate transfer budget unaffected by the stadium' spiel that Levy's been spinning for the past year.

It isn't wrong - we do have a separate transfer budget. It's 0.00 pounds, and always will be under ENIC.

People bristled when I said we were being run like a pound-shop Arsenal when it comes to the stadium. And rightfully so, I guess - it's hurtful to consider it.

But we are - that's the inescapable truth. We have owners who are doing nothing but using the club's own income to build a stadium, and who seem to have settled on the same model Arsenal followed for the Emirates - f*ck trying to win things, we have a brilliant manager who can work miracles, let him keep us floating around the top with absolutely no spending and no backing for years while we pay it down. Just like Arsenal.

That whole plan, however, depends on that manager being around to keep us treading water through the process. If Poch goes, the owners will have a dilemma on their hands - very few top managers will be as willing to work with their hands tied as Poch is, and the rest will not do nearly as good a job.

The more I hear and read the more convinced I am that Poch won’t be going anywhere - certainly not until we’ve completed at least one full season in the new ground.

Anecdotally, too, a United fan I know said yesterday that he wouldn’t want Poch (apparently he “hasn’t proved himself”) and the only sensible Liverpool fan I know thought it out of the question that Poch would even consider swapping us for Utd given the current set-up at both clubs.

Man Utd are a bigger and richer club but we are a better team with a better stadium.

Back