• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Liverpool and City both overhauled their teams within 2 - 3 seasons and look at them now. Alot of our players are overrated and have been living off the "young and inexperienced" tag for too long. Big teams make ruthless decisions and i feel we need to start signing players that will improve our first 11 not players that are a gamble. We have the same meteorology we had 4 years ago and it shows when the going gets tough.

Have we got experienced leaders in the team? Leaders who will see us through games like Watford & Inter? We come out and say we need to improve and learn from mistakes but do the same brick we have done for years.

Who are the leaders Liverpool signed?

They have 2 players that have actually won a league IIRC andbthasy Fabinho and Milner

City brought in squad players as much a first team under pep and that’s improved them

They now start with full backs brought under him and an attacker but generally they were all brought under other managers

Who are the leaders Liverpool signed?

They have 2 players that have actually won a league IIRC andbthasy Fabinho and Milner

City brought in squad players as much a first team under pep and that’s improved them

They now start with full backs brought under him and an attacker but generally they were all brought under other managers
Van Dijk seems like a leader doesn't he? Bit soon to tell with the players signed this summer.

City fairly regularly start with at least 2-3 of the newer signings in addition to the one's you mention and the keeper. They don't have as much of a settled 11 as some other teams, but in the league this season Laporte has 6 starts, Bernardo 5, Gundogan 4. Sane, Jesus and Mahrez 2 each. That's a lot of starts for "squad players".

I love the fact that after a few losses a few want him out. The man fully deserves to see us through. We are not going backwards but a few tweaks here and there I genuinely think that we can do it with him.

Van Dijk seems like a leader doesn't he? Bit soon to tell with the players signed this summer.

City fairly regularly start with at least 2-3 of the newer signings in addition to the one's you mention and the keeper. They don't have as much of a settled 11 as some other teams, but in the league this season Laporte has 6 starts, Bernardo 5, Gundogan 4. Sane, Jesus and Mahrez 2 each. That's a lot of starts for "squad players".

True but that’s this season after the WC... you said 2/3 seasons

Van Dijk seems no more a leader than Toby or Jan or even Dier. He has improved their defence though

I love the fact that after a few losses a few want him out. The man fully deserves to see us through. We are not going backwards but a few tweaks here and there I genuinely think that we can do it with him.

Players are bored easily when hearing the same voice.

True but that’s this season after the WC... you said 2/3 seasons

Van Dijk seems no more a leader than Toby or Jan or even Dier. He has improved their defence though
First of all, I didn't say that. And yiddo who you quoted in the post I replied to didn't really say that they had signed a lot of leaders either from how I read it. Just that they've made a lot of very good signings, something I agree with.

You brought up leaders among their signings. To me van Dijk looks like a very good leader at the back, but we can just disagree on that. Not really interested in a long discussion on that.

I'm certainly not saying we're without leaders, we're not really in form, it happens. We do lack that one true leader of men, super captain, rally the troops kind of player. Most teams do.

First of all, I didn't say that. And yiddo who you quoted in the post I replied to didn't really say that they had signed a lot of leaders either from how I read it. Just that they've made a lot of very good signings, something I agree with.

You brought up leaders among their signings. To me van Dijk looks like a very good leader at the back, but we can just disagree on that. Not really interested in a long discussion on that.

I'm certainly not saying I'm a without leaders, I'm a not really in form, it happens. We do lack that one true leader of men, super captain, rally the troops kind of player. Most teams do.

The best for that in recent years was John Terry
Complete scumbag but he lead his team
And I’d agree Van Dijk is leading his defence

Liverpool and City both overhauled their teams within 2 - 3 seasons and look at them now. Alot of our players are overrated and have been living off the "young and inexperienced" tag for too long. Big teams make ruthless decisions and i feel we need to start signing players that will improve our first 11 not players that are a gamble. We have the same meteorology we had 4 years ago and it shows when the going gets tough.

Have we got experienced leaders in the team? Leaders who will see us through games like Watford & Inter? We come out and say we need to improve and learn from mistakes but do the same brick we have done for years.

With the greatest of respect you, sir, are bonkers.

We are a handful of games in and you think we need a massive overhaul?!? Jesus H. Christ.

I suggest you stick to video games for your football hits. Or perhaps, in future, you should start writing your posts down on paper and then re-inspect them 24 hours later before deciding whether you should post them or not.

At least that way you can self-regulate and the rest of us on here don't have to worry about your sanity.

Looking at the squad last night, if we want to go up to that next level there is only 7 players i would keep. If some of the others are happy to be squad players then maybe a couple more.

Unfortunately at the moment this current squad is not good enough to challenge the Cities, Liverpool and Chelsea’s.

Talk about a over-reaction.

You really are a negative nancy at the moment.

Whats up chuck?

No not at all!
I think Pochettino has done a great job, but I think he will be looking for bigger fish to fry, Man U or Real best guess.
I like him like what he’s done for the club.
Sadly think he will move on.
It might, might just suit both parties come the end of the year.
5 years is a long time in the modern game!

But no I’m fine. Disappointing the way we haven’t got money to change the scheme of things.

Do you not think that money/budgets might have something to do with why we are taking a different approach to City and Liverpool?

One more reply to this...

Our "young and inexperienced players" have seen us outperform our financial expectations quite consistently now. Had we finished 6th, sacked the manager and signed new players for £200m getting us to third or fourth would probably been seen as a reasonable improvement.

It's only because of the tremendous performances of these young and inexperienced players that the goalposts can be moved to where their performances are seen as sub par.

It's not the young and inexperienced players that have let us down. It's the likes of Sissoko, Llorente and Dembele that's stopped us from pushing on even further than we have.

Get me more of the "young and inexperienced" players like Kane, Alli, Winks and Sanchez performing like they have and I'll be absolutely delighted.

One more reply to this...

Our "young and inexperienced players" have seen us outperform our financial expectations quite consistently now. Had we finished 6th, sacked the manager and signed new players for £200m getting us to third or fourth would probably been seen as a reasonable improvement.

It's only because of the tremendous performances of these young and inexperienced players that the goalposts can be moved to where their performances are seen as sub par.

It's not the young and inexperienced players that have let us down. It's the likes of Sissoko, Llorente and Dembele that's stopped us from pushing on even further than we have.

Get me more of the "young and inexperienced" players like Kane, Alli, Winks and Sanchez performing like they have and I'll be absolutely delighted.
???

Mods having a bit of fun with your post?

Poch talking about cows again. :p

"No, it is the same," he said. "First of all we need to finish the stadium and build the trophy cabinet.

"There will not be an excuse afterwards, we need to win trophies. It is no use having a massive house but being unable to put furniture inside.

"It is like buying a big car but not being able to put in petrol because you don't have the money.

"Or if I have a cow and no grass. Or I have the grass but no cow."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-tottenham-stadium-will-be-ready-by-christmas

Back