• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

3 weeks ago we had won every game and people were thinking great things

3 weeks later suddenly we can’t buy a win and we’re going down hill fast
Amazing how quickly things can turn in football

We've rode our luck recently, haven't look at it for a while. The slump, for however long it lasts, has been coming.
It was great to win the first three games, but I was always watching and hoping we could get through this spell relatively unscathed before we pick up again.
Of course we won't know how much damage this will do until the end of the season.

Add both together and you see we are average, not where we should be. Look at the evidence - Watford, Liverpool, milan - to validate...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

Did not know where to put this but I heard from a chap I know that we have approached declan rice at west ham about signing him on a bosman next season.

Would be amazing to steal one of there players for free. He actually looks a better prospect then Reece Oxford

Watched the second half yesterday; the players (in particular Dier, Dembele, Eriksen and Kane) look absolutely spent; like old men trying their hardest to do what they know/feel they used to; like a guy in his 30s/40s going back to 5-a-side after a 2/3 year absence:oops:

It's been coming since the Chelsea game: there is only so much juice that can be extracted from them physically given the way Poch's methods rely on fitness and athleticism. So either:

1) We should have bought in extra bodies for the CM and WF/CF positions

2) Poch needs to reshape his training regime and tactics to go easy on the players and make our methods a lot less reliable on "running a lot and pressing"

Overall, i still absolve Poch of (most of) the blame for our current predicament over the long-term.
I hope he goes backs to basics in terms of formation (4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1) or just simply parks the bus and counters to save energy (just using said energy in our half perhaps?)

How does dredging up one comment that's completely out of context today help any form of unbiased ongoing discussion or debate?

Because maybe Levy/The board didn't like it? Maybe it was surprising given how he often poo-pooed "the importance of winning a cup"? Maybe because one could see it as him crumbling publicly under pressure even though again he often played the FA Cup semi-final down?

Because maybe Levy/The board didn't like it? Maybe it was surprising given how he often poo-pooed "the importance of winning a cup"? Maybe because one could see it as him crumbling publicly under pressure even though again he often played the FA Cup semi-final down?

Maybe, maybe, maybe... Unfounded speculation, nothing more.

Maybe, maybe, maybe... Unfounded speculation, nothing more.

Just what this site is all about; none of us are privy to what ACTUALLY happens so basically you mostly choose to believe or disregard things based on inbuilt prejudices etc.

I am happy speculate, especially given that we became the first PL ever to NOT buy or sell anyone in a transfer window (and it's not like we are a Emirates Marketing Project/Barcelona juggernaut who have just swept our league..)

Did not know where to put this but I heard from a chap I know that we have approached declan rice at west ham about signing him on a bosman next season.

Would be amazing to steal one of there players for free. He actually looks a better prospect then Reece Oxford
Fee set by tribunal so wont be free - probably in the mid teens if he keeps getting games. And it appears that WestHam have an option of another year so they wont be selling to us.

from July

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ham-remain-in-contract-talks-with-declan-rice

"The Republic of Ireland international has one year remaining on his current contract at the London Stadium, although West Ham have the option to extend the existing deal by a further year."

A few good results, a few bad results, its just football.

Its the spin/flip flop/knee jerk on places like this that never ceases to amaze me. Its either "were on top of the world", or "doomed, doomed I tells ya!"

Ive given the football forum a bit of a swerve for exactly that, after Liverpool I knew what to expect and so it is...

A few good results, a few bad results, its just football.

Its the spin/flip flop/knee jerk on places like this that never ceases to amaze me. Its either "were on top of the world", or "doomed, doomed I tells ya!"

Ive given the football forum a bit of a swerve for exactly that, after Liverpool I knew what to expect and so it is...
I kind of get your angle but dont think youre being fair. Bar one or two there hasnt been anything OTT said or saying we are 'doomed' etc and one of my biggest bug bears on here is that anyone who posts a criticism during a poor period is accused of knee jerking - yet these are legitimate criticisms that have been raised from time before. There was talk at the tail end of last season of our performances being laboured, players looking tired etc then we had a transfer window of doing absolutely nothing in the way of improving our squad - many were concerned about this, but predictably get shouted down by the usaul suspects who cant handle anyone criticising anything about Spurs as worrying about nothing, its been a good window as we havent lost anyone blah blah.

Roll onto this season and we start with three wins on the bounce, but youll still find people saying we werent playing well - You would find many who said even the Old Trafford result which was fantastic papered over cracks which Poch publicly said himself. So when we go onto then suffer three defeats on the bounce, still having the same problems that have been aired previously - Kane tired, other players not up to scratch, inability to defend set pieces etc It doesnt strike me as anything knee jerk at all....

It’s a funny old game of two halfs. Or halves. Or calves as we are replacing the badger with the cow.

I kind of get your angle but dont think youre being fair. Bar one or two there hasnt been anything OTT said or saying we are 'doomed' etc and one of my biggest bug bears on here is that anyone who posts a criticism during a poor period is accused of knee jerking - yet these are legitimate criticisms that have been raised from time before. There was talk at the tail end of last season of our performances being laboured, players looking tired etc then we had a transfer window of doing absolutely nothing in the way of improving our squad - many were concerned about this, but predictably get shouted down by the usaul suspects who cant handle anyone criticising anything about Spurs as worrying about nothing, its been a good window as we havent lost anyone blah blah.

Roll onto this season and we start with three wins on the bounce, but youll still find people saying we werent playing well - You would find many who said even the Old Trafford result which was fantastic papered over cracks which Poch publicly said himself. So when we go onto then suffer three defeats on the bounce, still having the same problems that have been aired previously - Kane tired, other players not up to scratch, inability to defend set pieces etc It doesnt strike me as anything knee jerk at all....

Im not even talking about anyone specific, just the general tone.

Its predictable, and tiresome - time to give SNV a rest for a while I think.

Back