• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

All km saying is that Redknapp got huge criticism for how he responded to the England speculation but I don't think he handled it any different to how Poch is dealing with this Real spec

Poch is not 400% ruling out Real and it was the same with Redknapp back then regarding England

Signing a new long term contract and reiterating your commitment to your current club is a funny way of hitching your skirt - don't really see any basis for comparison in the two situations whatsoever, asides from there being (supposes) outside interest in them both.

Last edited:
All km saying is that Redknapp got huge criticism for how he responded to the England speculation but I don't think he handled it any different to how Poch is dealing with this Real spec

Poch is not 400% ruling out Real and it was the same with Redknapp back then regarding England

The most obvious difference is that this has happened in the off season.

I like a level of ambiguity personally because it helps draw out the melters
Yep it really does!!

It doesn’t matter what Poch says it would be twisted by these guys in to something negative against the club, like most things are.

I’m personally delighted with his quotes today, makes me feel much better. Not that I ever thought he’d be on his way after he signed his ctr anyway.

Last edited:
Doubt Levy will let Pochettino going derail his plans.
I think if he is off Levy will have a successor in mind and negotiations already.
Come on Milo. You can be head of any board regardless of turnover/profit size and still be bricking it over losing your MD or CFO to a competitor. You would be stupid not to have a back up plan but for your ship to be sailing so smoothly of late with a new stadium being built with your main man signing a new Contract to steer that ship, for a shock like this to happen. Only Zidane and people close to him knew he was leaving. Why would Spurs, a nobody to Real Madrid, know what Zidane was thinking. This is definitely a curveball to Levy and there’s no way he can’t be sweating over what’s happened yesterday.

Mate.
How long will it be before people recognize the difference between people? How long will it be before people learn top trust that when Pochettino says something, or makes a commitment, he is good for it?
I would suggest that the last person who was "sweating" yesterday was Levy, unless he is currently in Florida or a hot climate working on a transfer.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/im-committed-spurs-pochettino-says-14732077

'I'm committed to Spurs' - Pochettino says what all fans want to hear amid Real Madrid links
The Spurs boss is staying in north London despite those Real Madrid links
By
Alasdair GoldTottenham Hotspur correspondent
  • 12:11, 1 JUN 2018
  • Updated13:15, 1 JUN 2018
Mauricio Pochettino has played down reports linking him with Real Madrid and reaffirmed his commitment to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 46-year-old Argentine has been tipped by the Spanish media as the man Madrid want to replace Zinedine Zidane, who left Real on Thursday.

However, while promoting his book "A Brave New World" in Barcelona on Friday, Pochettino made it very clear that he is going nowhere.

"The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed," he said.

"I’m happy where I am, and to be here talking about this book."

Various Spanish media outlets have attempted to make out that Pochettino has a written clause or a verbal agreement with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to let him speak to Real, but football.london understands neither is the case.

Pochettino added: "We’re a great group of people. The technical staff, the board and the players we all believe in this project.

"We want to make the new stadium a reference in football. And we see people want to be part of this special project.

"I am very happy to be at Tottenham. Let’s enjoy this moment now and in the future see what happens."

"I take it naturally, it does not affect me at all, I am involved in a spectacular project where the motivation is tremendous. I renewed my contract recently for another five years, I am happy and I am happy that people at Tottenham are happy with me.

"Now I’m ready to go for lunch. Not to take over Real Madrid. I’m excited to go back to London. The project is exciting. I’m here now and the most important thing is the book."

Post the quotes please if you're going to make a statement like that mate - if you're talking about the ones already in here then im not sure how you've come to that conclusion

I wouldn't worry mate...it appears to me that there are some people own life who consistently want to extract a dark tone - a doom if you will- from the clearest of positives.
I think the current equivalent would be to hear a fit, healthy 30-something male casually mention that you must always watch your health and respect it, only for someone to say, "They're massively flirting with death there!"

Post the quotes please if you're going to make a statement like that mate - if you're talking about the ones already in here then im not sure how you've come to that conclusion

I wouldn't worry mate...it appears to me that there are some people own life who consistently want to extract a dark tone - a doom if you will- from the clearest of positives.
I think the current equivalent would be to hear a fit, healthy 30-something male casually mention that you must always watch your health and respect it, only for someone to say, "They're massively flirting with death there!"

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/im-committed-spurs-pochettino-says-14732077

'I'm committed to Spurs' - Pochettino says what all fans want to hear amid Real Madrid links
The Spurs boss is staying in north London despite those Real Madrid links
By
Alasdair GoldTottenham Hotspur correspondent
  • 12:11, 1 JUN 2018
  • Updated13:15, 1 JUN 2018
Mauricio Pochettino has played down reports linking him with Real Madrid and reaffirmed his commitment to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 46-year-old Argentine has been tipped by the Spanish media as the man Madrid want to replace Zinedine Zidane, who left Real on Thursday.

However, while promoting his book "A Brave New World" in Barcelona on Friday, Pochettino made it very clear that he is going nowhere.

"The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed," he said.

"I’m happy where I am, and to be here talking about this book."

Various Spanish media outlets have attempted to make out that Pochettino has a written clause or a verbal agreement with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to let him speak to Real, but football.london understands neither is the case.

Pochettino added: "We’re a great group of people. The technical staff, the board and the players we all believe in this project.

"We want to make the new stadium a reference in football. And we see people want to be part of this special project.

"I am very happy to be at Tottenham. Let’s enjoy this moment now and in the future see what happens."

"I take it naturally, it does not affect me at all, I am involved in a spectacular project where the motivation is tremendous. I renewed my contract recently for another five years, I am happy and I am happy that people at Tottenham are happy with me.

"Now I’m ready to go for lunch. Not to take over Real Madrid. I’m excited to go back to London. The project is exciting. I’m here now and the most important thing is the book."

Sounds to me like he's off...that bit where he says, "Now I'm ready for lunch" is clearly code for, "Now I'm off to have a massive signing banquet with the Real Madrid chairman in Madrid to formalize the Real Madrid contract I am secretly about to sign when no-one is looking..."

Well the main difference is that " rent a quote" never had a cat in hell chance of getting the England job, while i am sure that Poch will get the chance to be Madrid manager in the future. But at the moment all i see is a lot of folks acting like this.

Mate.
How long will it be before people recognize the difference between people? How long will it be before people learn top trust that when Pochettino says something, or makes a commitment, he is good for it?
I would suggest that the last person who was "sweating" yesterday was Levy, unless he is currently in Florida or a hot climate working on a transfer.

I trust no one mr, but we will see.
My take is something is going on and has yet to run it course.
Poch is young sort after manager who will be leaving in the coming seasons. It’s just when.
I can’t think of a quality alternative which concerns me far more.

The lack of good up and coming coaches/managers is stark.

Mate.

I think there's only so many times you can be let down though - Arnesen and the string of players who have engineered moves out - Klinsmann, Campbell, Sheringham, Carrick, Keane, Berbatov, Modric, Bale etc. That's where the nervousness comes from.

I do believe Poch is different - my faith in humanity would be properly wounded if he ever did the same thing

He's promoting the book that came out here before Christmas. Those quotes are about him leaving his hometown as a kid.

I think what this whole episode proves to men is that there are many people who cannot view a situation through any other perspective than their own, that is to say, they are incapable of seeing who an individual is based on said-individual's code of conduct and personality set. Poch has clearly shown that he is ambitious, but he has also clearly shown he is loyal and committed, not to mention smart. He has also shown he is uniquely driven by elements and challenges outside the "norm" for most modern managers. Funny to think that there will be a few people out there (not necessarily on this forum, I mean in general) who are panicking that only a couple of months ago were questioning the bloke and whether he was the right man because he hadn't "won anything yet"...ironic eh?!!!!

Joachim Loew on Real Madrid link: “I can completely rule it out. Real Madrid will find a good replacement”

That’s the way to do it

Mate, seriously, open the curtains, thrust that window up and breathe the air. Better still, get outside and go for a walk.

I trust no one mr, but we will see.
My take is something is going on and has yet to run it course.
Poch is young sort after manager who will be leaving in the coming seasons. It’s just when.
I can’t think of a quality alternative which concerns me far more.

The lack of good up and coming coaches/managers is stark.

Ferguson and Wenger both ended up clocking up 1000 games, because their clubs were developing at the right rate as they were. Hopefully we can stay on a similar trajectory with Poch too.

I'd like the shortlist for succeeding Poch to be: Eddie Howe, Hugo Lloris, Ryan Mason and Kieran Mckenna, and hopefully it will be sometime in the late 2020s.

Any editor who doesn't pick it out as the headline isn't doing their job.

Being an idealist (and involved in media as you know) I have to say that any editor who has the balls to ignore the cheap headline and deliver a story which breaks down there truth based on proper evidence would have the best story of all.

Being an idealist (and involved in media as you know) I have to say that any editor who has the balls to ignore the cheap headline and deliver a story which breaks down there truth based on proper evidence would have the best story of all.

I do agree mate however how many folks would buy that paper, it seems to me that most folks would rather follow the conspiracy agenda.

Back