• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Why are you not allowed to say that if it helps you feel better?
Maybe I should have said "in the short term"
The increase in revenue from the NWHL will be a gradual over the next few seasons IMHO.

There does seem to be a trend on here that the stadium benefits will almost instantaneous.
I would think there will be some upset folk come the end of the transfer window.
TV revenue and the sales of players will still largely fund our transfers the stadium effect on on income will come but over time.
Why do you keep on saying this without backing it up with any facts around it? Why do you feel that the revenue will increase gradually?

Why do you keep on saying this without backing it up with any facts around it? Why do you feel that the revenue will increase gradually?

I am naturally cautious and reliabley informed by my smart old Son who works in a large property company as their accountant that icaution is not a bad thing.

Last edited:

I’d have thought the increase in revenue would be almost instant. Can’t see any reason it wouldn’t be.

What I dont know is what the costs will look like and if they’ll be larger early on than later. But I know a man who’ll know all that down to the last cent and he’s running our club.

I’d have thought the increase in revenue would be almost instant. Can’t see any reason it wouldn’t be.

What I dont know is what the costs will look like and if they’ll be larger early on than later. But I know a man who’ll know all that down to the last cent and he’s running our club.

This ...

@StephenH the club has literally just had a £42M minimum cash injection in the last few weeks as all the season ticket renewals have been paid

Great!

That will have been planned for and factored in as it is every year, this time with a substantial increase (we like).
That money will go into cashflow with a big hoorah!

The WHL2 will of course bring increased revenue over WHL fingers crossed.

Revenue from increased season tickets is a good example of what I'm saying. As I said it will have taken into consideration some considerable time ago and will be of course be a 'little useful' ;). But it's not (a very simplified version) like a bag of readies £42m lands on Daniel's desk and he rings up Herr Fritz at Dortmund as says the money for young Pulisic will be with you tomorrow (I wish).

These projects are so complicated and in many cases also convoluted, its mind boggling.
I once had conversation with a guy whos bank was putting together a bid to finance a far eastern tram system in singapore, if I remember correctly. The spreadsheet alone cost a small fortune the lady who did it was worth her weight in gold literally, the guy said, but I digress.

The flow of money through these complexed projects is not straightforward and usually quite creative:cool:
I of course haven't a scooby as to this coming windows budgets are, but this will be there in the overall financial model, just like the one for sales for pints of lager.

Deniel will have had a bloody good idea of this summers plans for some considerable time ago. Poch saying "we need to take a risk" etc, makes me want to say to Poch, "have you ever met Daniel Levy" it make little sense to me anyway! Daniel will have "risk" covered in his plans, it seem to be in nature.

He is a great chairman and he will never "risk" have a flutter or gamble. Except some would say building a new £800m stadium;)

Im not sure how building a facility, and then earning from that facility equates to far eastern tram systems.

As of Aug we will have £££ coming through the turnstyles, the food court, the bars, the museum, the club shop at a level we have never seen before.

We will be hosting extra events, a whole new income stream.

We will have our doors open year round, not once fortnightly, to attract £££ constantly.

Levy will know what we expect to make. He will have known for a long time. And I am sure it will factor into the budget we will be using this summer.

And, honestly, do you actually think we take £40m out of the bank and hand it over when buying a player? Or do you suppose its more likely a credit facility which we manage over time?

Im guessing much more the latter. Which would mean increased weekly revenues will facilitate a higher credit facility - its not like we will have to save up for months before being able to afford anyone...

Im not sure how building a facility, and then earning from that facility equates to far eastern tram systems.

As of Aug we will have £££ coming through the turnstyles, the food court, the bars, the museum, the club shop at a level we have never seen before.

We will be hosting extra events, a whole new income stream.

We will have our doors open year round, not once fortnightly, to attract £££ constantly.

Levy will know what we expect to make. He will have known for a long time. And I am sure it will factor into the budget we will be using this summer.

And, honestly, do you actually think we take £40m out of the bank and hand it over when buying a player? Or do you suppose its more likely a credit facility which we manage over time?

Im guessing much more the latter. Which would mean increased weekly revenues will facilitate a higher credit facility - its not like we will have to save up for months before being able to afford anyone...

We are in agreement on most if not all of the above.

What was trying say was the season ticket sales will be of no surprise and will NOT be EXTRA income, that will in anyway poster transfer spending.

I think I wrote badly - the next 12 months income for the new stadium is planned and by in large already spent.

Trams system/Airport/WHL 2 all will have complex and constantly evolving revenue and expenditure models.
All have or will have projected income and expenditure nailed down as fare a possible for some considerable time in the future.

Last edited:

What was trying say was the season ticket sales will be of no surprise and will NOT be EXTRA income, that will in anyway poster transfer spending.

I think I wrote badly - the next 12 months income for the new stadium is planned and by in large already spent.

Trams system/Airport/WHL 2 all will have complex and constantly evolving revenue and expenditure models.
All have or will have projected income and expenditure nailed down as fare a possible for some considerable time in the future.

Honestly mate, I think you are over thinking it.

What is complex or evolving? We will be earning a brick ton more money, right away. Yes, we will be spending more as well. All of which will have been forecast extensively.

We will, I am sure, have adjusted our spending in line with this.

In practical terms, I fully expect it to mean we will be spending more. Now. Simples ;)

The real heart break comes up only for those expecting an extra £200m in buys out of the blue, us bidding for Messi, or splashing £90m on Pogba while offering him £500k a week.

But those people deserve the shock :D

The truth is much more likely we carry on broadly as we have, the extra spending will be subtle. We will take £20m punts and not £10m, we will offer more competitive wages to get players in. I dont think it will be like a lotto win, more like getting a double promotion at work and enjoying a much comfier lifestyle...

I was just trying to sound a note of caution. Re "the club has just had £42m pound cash injection"

"In practical terms, I fully expect it to mean we will be spending more. Now. Simples ;)"

I'm not so convinced we will see any marked change till season 19/20 at the earliest. The rest we agree.

I was just trying to sound a note of caution. Re "the club has just had £42m pound cash injection"

Well, it has! But - the caution really comes from understanding just how little £42m gets you.

Its not necessarily spending on player acquisitions, or anything "up front". Chances are most of it will get sucked into the wage bill and we wont really "see" it.

Well, it has! But - the caution really comes from understanding just how little £42m gets you.

Its not necessarily spending on player acquisitions, or anything "up front". Chances are most of it will get sucked into the wage bill and we wont really "see" it.

The season ticket income will be 'I would have thought' one already known, give take a couple million and also borrowed against for some considerable time in the future.
Season ticket income is used a collateral by many/most clubs in advance?
The guy at Glasgow rangers nearly went prison for trying to do a runner with the money?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/disgraced-former-rangers-owner-craig-4404966

This "we wont really "see" it." :cool:

let us not forget paying for the stadium! It maybe over a couple of centuries knowing Levy;) but......

The season ticket income will be 'I would have thought' one already known, give take a couple million and also borrowed against for some considerable time in the future.
Season ticket income is used a collateral by many/most clubs in advance?
The guy at Glasgow rangers nearly went prison for trying to do a runner with the money?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/disgraced-former-rangers-owner-craig-4404966

Just because its known and accounted for, doesnt mean its not an increase all the same.

Nothing will come as a surprise, but unless you assume ALL extra cash will go to paying down debt, then we WILL have more money, wont we?

This "we wont really "see" it." :cool:

let us not forget paying for the stadium! It maybe over a couple of centuries knowing Levy;) but......

Its credit, you pay it back piecemeal. It will take a chunk of our income, but I dount it will take all of it.

I fully expect our profits and available cash to increase significantly despite paying for the stadium.

The real sweet spot comes down the line when we dont have that to worry about either!

Mate.... I think you need to take a step back and think about a few things...

Yes the new stadium will cost Spurs a lot of money to build. Of course some of the cost of the stadium has already been met and paid for and some will remain outstanding. The general consensus is that the Spurs will end up with a debt of up to £400 million upon completion of the stadium.

I believe that Spurs currently have a 4 year loan for that debt at interest rates of between 2.5% and 3% (that only accrues as the debt is drawn down) So it will only cost Spurs £12M per year to service that debt. Let's also assume that the new stadium will cost £3 million more per year to operate. That is £15 million a year of additional outgoings that the club will have. Compare that to the additional income that the stadium will generate. ST revenue, corporate revenue, NFL revenue, Music Concert/other event revenue, advertising revenue, naming rights revenue, additional revenue from refreshments, additional revenue from merchandising.

ALL of the above revenues will be available in the very first year that the stadium is open and none of those above revenues are paid in arrears. I therefore ask you again.... What revenues are you foreseeing that will suddenly appear a few years after the stadium is open?

Just because its known and accounted for, doesnt mean its not an increase all the same.

Nothing will come as a surprise, but unless you assume ALL extra cash will go to paying down debt, then we WILL have more money, wont we?

They say the devil is in the detail. That will come to light in the coming season.

Its credit, you pay it back piecemeal. It will take a chunk of our income, but I dount it will take all of it.

I fully expect our profits and available cash to increase significantly despite paying for the stadium.

The real sweet spot comes down the line when we dont have that to worry about either!

The promised land

Arsenal have been there for a few years and done sweet FA with it :eek:

Mate.... I think you need to take a step back and think about a few things...

Yes the new stadium will cost Spurs a lot of money to build. Of course some of the cost of the stadium has already been met and paid for and some will remain outstanding. The general consensus is that the Spurs will end up with a debt of up to £400 million upon completion of the stadium.

I believe that Spurs currently have a 4 year loan for that debt at interest rates of between 2.5% and 3% (that only accrues as the debt is drawn down) So it will only cost Spurs £12M per year to service that debt. Let's also assume that the new stadium will cost £3 million more per year to operate. That is £15 million a year of additional outgoings that the club will have. Compare that to the additional income that the stadium will generate. ST revenue, corporate revenue, NFL revenue, Music Concert/other event revenue, advertising revenue, naming rights revenue, additional revenue from refreshments, additional revenue from merchandising.

ALL of the above revenues will be available in the very first year that the stadium is open and none of those above revenues are paid in arrears. I therefore ask you again.... What revenues are you foreseeing that will suddenly appear a few years after the stadium is open?

The stadium was approximately £800m and we have a 4 year loan. I'm a little sceptical.

Back