• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

And yet lamela and Dele were in good posiions in and around the box and we couldn't or wouldn't find them.

If we had Son or Moura running beyond the defence it would create more space in front of it. Will be interesting to see who Poch picks for the Huddersfield game next weekend

Keeping the ball safely is not gonna win you a game

I’m really not anti lamella but oook how we improved when he went off

Until he is 400% March fit and sharp he shouldn’t start

I don’t think his fitness is an issue tbh. I just don’t think he’s done enough to get back into the team when we were performing at a high level anyway attacking wise. That doesn’t mean he can’t in the future but he’s got a lot of work to do.

Agree about the comments of having Dele, Eriksen and Lamela in the side together - it was obvious as soon as the line-up was announced, let alone the game beginning.

As I said in the match thread, I find Lamela incredibly frustrating - he has ability and he has heart and fight.....yet he rarely looks like scoring and doesnt up defences that much or get many assists. I know he's had a long injury but its not hard to believe that we'd look a lot more dangerous with Son or Moura in there in his place. At least one of those two needs to start every game so that we dont have the one-paced trio of Dele, Eriksen and Lamela - we look easy to defend against with those three as we have no threat in behind the opposition

Your passing against bus Parker’s has to be exceptional or lucky

The best way to beat them is with some trickery and go dusrupt their organisation

You don’t do that with backwards passing and plodding

You need pace and variety and low and behold Moura and son gave us that

I don’t think his fitness is an issue tbh. I just don’t think he’s done enough to get back into the team when we were performing at a high level anyway attacking wise. That doesn’t mean he can’t in the future but he’s got a lot of work to do.

Yeah maybe in being kind, but I like him

Your passing against bus Parker’s has to be exceptional or lucky

The best way to beat them is with some trickery and go dusrupt their organisation

You don’t do that with backwards passing and plodding

You need pace and variety and low and behold Moura and son gave us that

That's what I said wasnt it?

Ah ok! Apologies, sometimes easy to mis-interpret what people mean. Fingers crossed Poch saw what a lot of us saw today and will take it on-board. His substitutions (or lack of them) still really baffle me though

Well they changed the game today
However it would have been better to start with a more direct side

If we had Son or Moura running beyond the defence it would create more space in front of it. Will be interesting to see who Poch picks for the Huddersfield game next weekend

Really don't get that argument, we had them camped on the edge of their own box, there was no space behind and loads in front.
In fact even in all that space every one of our midfield still managed to hit passes straight at palace players.

Midday kickoffs are weird.
I think we did well early doors, and if Hazza put his early sitter away, then the game is completely different. Ditto if Davies gets his pen, different game. I find Pamela frustrating because he is so defiantly one-footed, and Verts. not playing forced Poch to make sure his defensive shape/personnel was reinforced thus Wanyama in. I find it tough to get too upset about these sorts of games when we eke the result out. They are notoriously tough to navigate, teams park their busses and stack up two lines deep, and it will be tough. The truth is, Harry had an off-day for him, missing two sitters, thankfully he is world class in both talent AND attitude. But between his two sitters, the Davies pen that should've been and Aurier's SHOCKING MISS, we'd have won by four or five - let's say three if we allow for one awful miss and one sitter missed. I actually like to see a character-win like this TBH...

He was superb against Juve and did well when he came on against Arsenal. He didn't have a good game today but I can understand why Poch started him. A player with an eye for a pass and good close control is a better bet against a tightly packed defence. Our other obvious options are going to do better with space to attack.

He was superb against Juve and did well when he came on against Arsenal. He didn't have a good game today but I can understand why Poch started him. A player with an eye for a pass and good close control is a better bet against a tightly packed defence. Our other obvious options are going to do better with space to attack.

He was excellent against Juve I will agree with that. He looked lively against Arsenal, he also missed two great chances. That’s my main issue with him, his end product. Son used to be a streaky player who blew hot and cold. He still has spells of bad games but he’s become much more consistent. Unfortunate that Lamela got injured when he did but Son really seized that opportunity and has become a much more consistent player albeit a different player. I’m not saying Lamela doesn’t have his uses but he needs to deliver more in terms of goals and chances created.

I would have started Son and Moura today as Son loves running at defences and scored the winner against Palace earlier in the season which was an eerily similar game to today. Son has frequently scored the winner in similar games today. Moura gives us something we lack which is pace and has looked sharp so far, only Rochdale I know but he was just about the only positive from that game.

He was excellent against Juve I will agree with that. He looked lively against Arsenal, he also missed two great chances. That’s my main issue with him, his end product. Son used to be a streaky player who blew hot and cold. He still has spells of bad games but he’s become much more consistent. Unfortunate that Lamela got injured when he did but Son really seized that opportunity and has become a much more consistent player albeit a different player. I’m not saying Lamela doesn’t have his uses but he needs to deliver more in terms of goals and chances created.

I would have started Son and Moura today as Son loves running at defences and scored the winner against Palace earlier in the season which was an eerily similar game to today. Son has frequently scored the winner in similar games today. Moura gives us something we lack which is pace and has looked sharp so far, only Rochdale I know but he was just about the only positive from that game.

I think that starting Son and Moura would have made it easy for Palace as both want space to attack. The one big asset that Son would have brought today was shooting from distance but I can understand why Poch chose a player who is better in possession, pressing and is more likely to impose himself on the opposition.

Ah ok! Apologies, sometimes easy to mis-interpret what people mean. Fingers crossed Poch saw what a lot of us saw today and will take it on-board. His substitutions (or lack of them) still really baffle me though

Heresy! Don't you know (according to some) it's not appropriate to call out the manager on any issue? You must TRUST him on every detail and every aspect, apparently. He KNOWS so much more than all of us ever could. Get with the programme ffs!

Heresy! Don't you know (according to some) it's not appropriate to call out the manager on any issue? You must TRUST him on every detail and every aspect, apparently. He KNOWS so much more than all of us ever could. Get with the programme ffs!

Actually mate, I know you are being sarcastic, but he does ... he was a pro for club and country, has his badges, and has been a successful manager, to say any of us know more than him is a little egotistical.

That said, he's not immune to mistakes or more realistically, calculated plays that don't work out.

Re todays selection, I would think he's balancing fitness with who he wants to play in next 3 -4 games, nothing more than that.

I saw a similar comment from you elsewhere. All good, no problem, but you might as well just call me out and stop hiding mate. I am very comfortable with what I’ve said. So again, stop hiding and IF you want to level a sarcastic remark, name me. Cheers!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Jeez, GHod help if we were losing games. This over analysis on all things Spurs and not living the moment must be mental for some, I can't be bothered to think that hard on it. We beat a team today who were set up not to lose and we had them on toast at times, got the points and we move on.

Agreed. I think he is doing the right thing with Moura personally. I doubt he is even close to fully match-fit for the Prem/CL. I will say Aurier was a change I’d have made after 60 mins, but again I trust him to know more about the conditions of the staff than us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back