• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

@DubaiSpur

As far as I can tell you gain little to no joy from following Tottenham, when we win you're largely begrudging, when we lose it's as if you're joyously swimming in your own bitterness.

I just don't understand why you bother persisting as a supporter? What do you get out of it? How would you say you do your bit to support the team? As far as I see all you do is drum up discontent and displeasure at every opportunity.

This is all perception of course, so I could well be wrong. But it's been discussed at length across a few threads how seemingly meaningless forum discussion can have a flow on effect to fans attending games and media coverage of the club at large.

Your general attitude just confounds me is all.

@DubaiSpur

As far as I can tell you gain little to no joy from following Tottenham, when we win you're largely begrudging, when we lose it's as if you're joyously swimming in your own bitterness.

I just don't understand why you bother persisting as a supporter? What do you get out of it? How would you say you do your bit to support the team? As far as I see all you do is drum up discontent and displeasure at every opportunity.

This is all perception of course, so I could well be wrong. But it's been discussed at length across a few threads how seemingly meaningless forum discussion can have a flow on effect to fans attending games and media coverage of the club at large.

Your general attitude just confounds me is all.

Ah, I see. You're not confused, you're just outright *lying*.

Second time I've linked that post debunking your 'begrudging' bullcrap, second time you've lied to avoid it. Here it is again, just to firm up the fact that you're avoiding it - http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/mauricio-pochettino.6336/page-528#post-961603

So, I could ask the same question of you, really - what kind of life do you lead where the only reason you support Spurs is to score points over other people on an internet forum?

Because I'm damn sure you're not in it for anything else. I was confused on the point, but I've realized you're quite happy to lie just to try getting that sense of self-satisfaction.

My reasons for supporting Spurs are not yours, and thank GHod for that - because I'm not sure it would be worth it, either. My fellow fans are my fellow fans - they hurt, they smile, they shout in joy and pain. They are my fellow fans, and whether I agree or disagree with them, I always know that.

They are not objects to gain self-satisfaction from. And I figure it's probably quite sad that someone makes that their purpose for supporting a team. So ask yourself the same question - why do you bother persisting? You don't seem like a fan - merely a self-righteous tool masquerading as one to score points for reasons that are utterly beyond me.

Ah, I see. You're not confused, you're just outright *lying*.

Second time I've linked that post debunking your 'begrudging' bullcrap, second time you've lied to avoid it. Here it is again, just to firm up the fact that you're avoiding it - http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/mauricio-pochettino.6336/page-528#post-961603

So, I could ask the same question of you, really - what kind of life do you lead where the only reason you support Spurs is to score points over other people on an internet forum?

Because I'm damn sure you're not in it for anything else. I was confused on the point, but I've realized you're quite happy to lie just to try getting that sense of self-satisfaction.

My reasons for supporting Spurs are not yours, and thank GHod for that - because I'm not sure it would be worth it, either. My fellow fans are my fellow fans - they hurt, they smile, they shout in joy and pain. They are my fellow fans, and whether I agree or disagree with them, I always know that.

They are not objects to gain self-satisfaction from. And I figure it's probably quite sad that someone makes that their purpose for supporting a team. So ask yourself the same question - why do you bother persisting? You don't seem like a fan - merely a self-righteous tool masquerading as one to score points for reasons that are utterly beyond me.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth over this, but the fact that you can't actually tell me why you support Tottenham says enough to me.

I support Tottenham because I love the club, I love watching us play regardless of the fudging result. I certainly don't do it to score points or call people out, I'm just trying to understand your methods.

I for one won't throw the toys out of the pram if we don't win every fudging week. I guess that's where we have a fundamental difference in philosophy, and i'll likely never understand yours.

So for now I'll leave it, but i really hope you can find some joy. Finding resolve and resisting the urge for dramatic negativity, especially in the most difficult periods is the true test of any supporter. That's just my stance, nothing more.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth over this, but the fact that you can't actually tell me why you support Tottenham says enough to me.

I support Tottenham because I love the club, I love watching us play regardless of the fudging result. I certainly don't do it to score points or call people out, I'm just trying to understand your methods.

I for one won't throw the toys out of the pram if we don't win every fudging week. I guess that's where we have a fundamental difference in philosophy, and i'll likely never understand yours.

So for now I'll leave it, but i really hope you can find some joy. Finding resolve and resisting the urge for dramatic negativity, especially in the most difficult periods is the true test of any supporter. That's just my stance, nothing more.

You support the club because you want to pick on people that you feel support the club in unacceptable ways. Nothing else to it. Third time you've ignored being called out on your blatant lies and mischaracterization, and, for my own peace of mind, there won't be a fourth.

What you think means nothing to me, mate. Neither does the way in which you 'support' the club - because it's an act made to call out other people for not following your lead, and then an excuse to lie about those people and their motivations.

Take a long, hard look at what your actual motivations are, and whether they're worth pursuing. There's more to life than lying about people on the internet to score imaginary points for the sole reason of doing so.

Around our own box I agree with you. But what about when our players had a bit of time and space and still managed to just toe poke it back to them, or when there was an opportunity to make a decent pass or cross into the box and we just kicked it out or to their keeper. Also, we passed it so slowly, almost looked as though the grass was twice as long as what the players were used to. I reckon I could show you a dozen times when one of our players was under no pressure but made an iffy pass either back to them or only just reaching a team mate and therefore inviting pressure.

Then there's the general chasing, working back etc.

And I haven't even got to letting Gundogan wander into the box unmarked to bend down and head in to our goal for that all important first goal of the match. Were we mesmerised then?

I don't think a team can make you play poor. They can play excellent and we can respond with whatever standards we can reach and whatever effort we want to give. On this occasion, we were poor on both.

My take on that is if you don't have a lot of the ball or chances to cross from those positions then it puts more pressure on you to get it right which often leads to failure. Additionally when you aren't having much of the ball you don't get a feel for it which makes it harder to get it right when you get the opportunity.

We did pass slowly at the back but they also put a lot of pressure on us there and squeezed the space, their pressing was very effective at not letting us have time on the ball but the understated part is how they cut off the angles to pass to other players.

Gundogan was just a rookie error and hugely frustrating to concede so easily in a big game, fair enough if they get one with a flowing move but a corner in a big game like that shows sloppy concentration. Thats a few games lately where we've conceded from a corner now.

My take on that is if you don't have a lot of the ball or chances to cross from those positions then it puts more pressure on you to get it right which often leads to failure. Additionally when you aren't having much of the ball you don't get a feel for it which makes it harder to get it right when you get the opportunity.

We did pass slowly at the back but they also put a lot of pressure on us there and squeezed the space, their pressing was very effective at not letting us have time on the ball but the understated part is how they cut off the angles to pass to other players.

Gundogan was just a rookie error and hugely frustrating to concede so easily in a big game, fair enough if they get one with a flowing move but a corner in a big game like that shows sloppy concentration. Thats a few games lately where we've conceded from a corner now.
And it's well known that no-one scores from corners.

Lads take the childish arguments about who is a true fan and who isn't to private messages.

I remember having arguments like that when i was 10 ;)

It's not the questioning of the coach per se for me that is a problem. It is the manner in which it is done that irritates me. Question him all you want there'll be no issue with me. However,

It is fans who dress up a bit of knowledge as coaching fact. They assert if Poch had done X the result would have been Y as if they know the ins and outs of the squad better than the man who works with them day in day out. It's the belief that fans can see things as glaringly obvious but the coach can't. I call it the "Alan Shearer condition" where people sit and pontificate to managers from the comfort of their sofas but when they are called to put their money where their mouth is, they crash and burn and suddenly realise football management is not as easy as they thought it was.

It is the failure to give proper consideration of context when judging Spurs under Poch. You know if Atletico can win the Spanish League and Leicester can win the EPL then Spurs should be winning it too. Then so should Everton, so should Aston Villa, so should frigging Liverpool. But guess what they are not. Therefore even when we finish second with a points total we have never been close to in my nearly 40 years of supporting Spurs, better than it took to win the league the previous season, it is still not considered good enough because he hasn't won a trophy.

It is fans who flip from the ecstatic when we win to the verge of clinical depression when we lose - with nothing in the middle.

It is the lack of respect shown in the tone of some posts for the best coach we have had at this club in years.

There rant over. Perhaps it's my age that I am getting less patient. Believe me I want success as much as anyone.
Brilliant post.

At the end of the day it's just a game of football. EVERY team falls short from time to time. Where were Pep's team last season? Oh fudge me they finished below us in the table. How the fudge did that happen? Must have been a fluke, surely we could not have been better than them?

The instant condemnation and sense of entitlement from some on here is frankly ridiculous.

Brilliant post.

At the end of the day it's just a game of football. EVERY team falls short from time to time. Where were Pep's team last season? Oh fudge me they finished below us in the table. How the fudge did that happen? Must have been a fluke, surely we could not have been better than them?

The instant condemnation and sense of entitlement from some on here is frankly ridiculous.

I condemn you for having this insight as only I speak the truth

My concern with Poch is our away record over the last few years against the other teams in the so called 'top 6'.

It's pretty abysmal. Given, that we have shown we are a pretty decent side, it is a bit of mystery why we can't win more of these games.

My concern with Poch is our away record over the last few years against the other teams in the so called 'top 6'.

It's pretty abysmal. Given, that we have shown we are a pretty decent side, it is a bit of mystery why we can't win more of these games.

Actually is a stat that’s scewed as no one in the top 6 has a good away record vs the others really

Mighty Mou won his first United away game vs a big 6 side on a few weeks ago vs the arse

Whilst I broadly agree that this is probably why/how it panned out the way it did, the best teams are clinical with the few opportunities they have which can turn a game in their favour.
Emirates Marketing Project murdered Chelsea for chances/possession last season but Chelsea ended up winning 3-1 as they were incredibly clinical at absolutely key moments. United did similar at the Emirates a few weeks ago. You could say Chelsea were clinical again in the cup semi-final - a match we dominated for the most part.
Its something we need to improve on. Kane is very clinical but has the odd game where he needs 3 good chances to score. The rest of them fall way short of being clinical in front of goal. We're as likely to score a wonder goal as a simple chance. They're all young enough to improve in that space though but we need to see some signs soon! The encouraging thing is that we make these chances.

in fairness, I was drinking whiskey Saturday and it helped matters greatly. When Eriksen scored we started singing 'we're gonna win 5-4'!!!!!!

Man of good taste.
I beg to differ.

There is Whisky, a drink of legends. The water that fuelled the defeat of the Roman Empire. The very lifeblood of what it is to be man. The combination of the brute force of bathtub gin with the subtle elegance and blending of a fine French wine.

Then there's whiskey, slop designed to get drunken Irishmen even drunkerer.

Back