• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

simon.jpg

For whats is worth Simon Harris is a weirdo Tory Boy-esque Irish politician who became a cabinet minister in his 20s.
This is like going on a US based forum and trolling under the name Jacob Rees-Mogg

He can't. He can only write negative things about the club and negativism is only entertaining for like.... 20 seconds... Times up...

But surely facing up to facts is better than sticking your head in the sand. Regardless of who anyone supports, football supporters find it very hard to be objective. I remember Spurs supporters on forums offering their support to Ramos, Santini, and even AVB, but when they were sacked the aforementioned supporters took great pleasure in stabbing them in the back.

Now, I have never said that Poch is a bad manager, all I have said is that he is still unproven. He got sacked from a mediocre side in Spain, and he took Southampton from being an average side to making them into a slightly better average side. Spurs were already a good side before he took over, and well done to him for keeping them that way. As yet he has not won a single trophy in his career, yet some posters hale him as the next messiah. Like I said in a previous post, we can afford or attract a better manager at present, so we have no choice but to put up with him, and until we can attract a better manager I shall give him my support by not singing negative songs about him whilst at the Lane, but that's about as much as I can offer.

Im sure Simon is a Spurs fan... I bet he even has a membership he can show us as he is a hardcore loyal supporter.. or better still a season ticket :0

But surely facing up to facts is better than sticking your head in the sand. Regardless of who anyone supports, football supporters find it very hard to be objective. I remember Spurs supporters on forums offering their support to Ramos, Santini, and even AVB, but when they were sacked the aforementioned supporters took great pleasure in stabbing them in the back.

Now, I have never said that Poch is a bad manager, all I have said is that he is still unproven. He got sacked from a mediocre side in Spain, and he took Southampton from being an average side to making them into a slightly better average side. Spurs were already a good side before he took over, and well done to him for keeping them that way.

And there it is, the sentence that proves he's not one of us.

If you're Spurs........you would NEVER write that in the third person. NEVER.

That's a pretty daft thing to say. It doesn't matter who you know or who you don't, it's what it is commonly known as.

I don't think it's pretty widespread beyond Arse and most Spurs fans, but they know it. St Totteringham's day, not St Tottingham.

Im sure Simon is a Spurs fan... I bet he even has a membership he can show us as he is a hardcore loyal supporter.. or better still a season ticket :0

I have had a season ticket since 1999. The first game I attended was against Huddersfield in 1971/72. I have been to 8 different countries to watch Spurs. Unlike most forum members I do not own a Spurs shirt (because that is just naff) and I am prepared to critisise because that's what I pay my money for.

In short, last season was a complete disaster
How can you say that when late in April we were still fighting for the title?

That's a bit like saying "that was a great race because up until the last 100 yards you could have won it". You may be happy with nearly, I am not. I was brought up to believe that the only position is first, everything else is failure. Of course, I am realistic and don't expect Spurs to win everything, but I will not hail a manager as successful until he has won the club silverware. As much as I liked Arry I still don't consider him as successful. That said, he wasn't failure either, and at present that is exactly how I would describe Poch. Arry had potential until Levy got rid of him, I just have a feeling he will do the same with Poch if he doesn't win anything soon.

Are you Simon in disguise???

Seriously though, whilst I agree with Bale and Benny, I think Modric had always been quality. Secondly, and this makes it difficult for comparison, but Harry got us top 4 and in nowhere near as close a title challenge as Poch. I've got a lot of respect for Harry, and will always remember him as a real positive for this club, but in my mind Poch has surpassed Harry's achievements. It's close though I will concede.

The long con - I spent five long years here building up a believable profile as a grumpy, incredibly long-winded so-and-so, all so I could (perhaps) start sh*tposting relentlessly as simon harris one fine March morning in 2017. ;)

I agree, I love what Harry achieved here and he'll always have my gratitude - I also agree that Modric probably was destined for the top one way or another, so he didn't matter that much in the overall reckoning (even if I maintain that putting him out on the wing to start with was an eminently sensible decision). I don't *quite* think Poch has surpassed him yet given that I feel like Harry started from a somewhat lower base (as the man himself will happily remind you, and the entirety of the world :p ) and had a longer spell here than Poch has had (bringing two top four finishes and one CL run to the quarter-finals in four years) - however, if Poch surpasses our record points total this season or wins a trophy, he will have surpassed Harry to my mind, regardless of whether we actually finish in the top four or not.

Back