• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If you wait 15 minutes, you might look like less of a troll (do you enjoy when we lose?)

I do agree that Poch takes to long to learn certain things .. e.g. Townsend is not the answer to any question (regardless of what people say), and Capoue is still ****.

I don't want to disappoint people...

Why would I enjoy it? It makes me so ****ing angry. And when you can see huge errors being made EVERY ****ING GAME by our delightful manager....

I think it's hilarious when people say they can see something being built. I can't see a thing, we look atrocious nearly every game to me.

Seriously, Grimsby, you're becoming a parody of yourself. Yes, Capoue came on for Townsend. Then Soldado came on for the other DM, Stambouli - consequently, Dembele moved back down from the AM position he occupied, and Kane slotted in behind Soldado with Eriksen and Chadli either side of him. Hardly a sacrifice attacking wise.

And make up your mind on Townsend, mate. He's awful, but subbing him off hurt us? The two are mutually exclusive.

You're not listening to me. I said subbing him for a defensive midfielder was a joke of a decision. A joke. It disrupted our formation. Like you say dembele went up, eriksen was supposed to go right, the. A few minutes later kane dropped deep and Dembele had to move again. It's disruptivr when we were actually controlling the game (but creating nothing). He makes awful subs every game, or doesn't make them when we're desperate for them. He loves average players....

I'm terrified we've got an utter idiot as a manager.

You're not listening to me. I said subbing him for a defensive midfielder was a joke of a decision. A joke. It disrupted our formation. Like you say dembele went up, eriksen was supposed to go right, the. A few minutes later kane dropped deep and Dembele had to move again. It's disruptivr when we were actually controlling the game (but creating nothing). He makes awful subs every game, or doesn't make them when we're desperate for them. He loves average players....

confused what above average players you would've picked off our bench? He's doing the best anyone could possibly do with the guys we've got on the bench.

maybe he could bring in a young player that fits his system better but please don't tell me you think 4 goal a season Lennon is the guy you wanted on?

Your a WUM at times but your spot in here

They were criminally bad subs by Poch. He seems to always want to defend a lead after 65 mins and you can't do that if your option is crapoue

He Should have brought on lennon

confused what above average players you would've picked off our bench? He's doing the best anyone could possibly do with the guys we've got on the bench.

maybe he could bring in a young player that fits his system better but please don't tell me you think 4 goal a season Lennon is the guy you wanted on?

Lennon was the right sub as we wouldn't have had the disruption

We changed shape about 4 time a because of his subs and the fact we ended up chasing the game

Yeah I. With Bedford, lennon was the obvious player. We looked okay, just townsend is awful and doesn't work hard. Lennon would've worked hard and provided more. Plus not destroy our system.

we didn't lose because of tactics today, players just didn't perform, the midfield particularly, too many half hearted tackles and misplaced passes

Yeah I. With Bedford, lennon was the obvious player. We looked okay, just townsend is awful and doesn't work hard. Lennon would've worked hard and provided more. Plus not destroy our system.

Is have been happier if made no subs and left the team doing their job

We weren't flying by any means but the own was their second beat attack of the game at that point and he had capoue ready before that

He was trying to go defensive with a woeful footballer

Not his best day but the players looked tired and our best CM pair not around. Dembele and Stambouli doesn't work. Big month ahead if he can clear some dead wood and get in players he wants. Doubt it though and this is a season of transition.

we didn't lose because of tactics today, players just didn't perform, the midfield particularly, too many half hearted tackles and misplaced passes

Actually disagree, I'm starting to understand Poch (based on what I've seen of him) and some of the pre Spurs comments about him (specifically the off day/no plan B ones)

I think Poch's goal is to create a system that is much more than the sum of the parts, the challenge to that is the sum is almost completely dependent on all the parts working. If you look at the Everton & Cheat$ki games, we had damn close to our first choice 11 in both games.

When we have to carry 1 or 2 players that aren't best suited to the system, all it takes is one other player to not have a good game and the side struggles. I look at today, we had no Mason & Bentaleb (Dembele or Stambouli can work, not both), Townsend was ineffective, Chadli had an off day and the system really struggled.

I think he is going to have to sell quite a few players to get bench options that fit, I also think we need a flair player (ala VDV) to produce a bit of magic to carry the bad days as well.

Its going to be a tough season

Actually disagree, I'm starting to understand Poch (based on what I've seen of him) and some of the pre Spurs comments about him (specifically the off day/no plan B ones)

I think Poch's goal is to create a system that is much more than the sum of the parts, the challenge to that is the sum is almost completely dependent on all the parts working. If you look at the Everton & Cheat$ki games, we had damn close to our first choice 11 in both games.

When we have to carry 1 or 2 players that aren't best suited to the system, all it takes is one other player to not have a good game and the side struggles. I look at today, we had no Mason & Bentaleb (Dembele or Stambouli can work, not both), Townsend was ineffective, Chadli had an off day and the system really struggled.

I think he is going to have to sell quite a few players to get bench options that fit, I also think we need a flair player (ala VDV) to produce a bit of magic to carry the bad days as well.

Its going to be a tough season

Agree with most of that but not a tough season just one of transition and if we stick with the manager for a few years and give him the players he wants then I think we can be very successful in the future he clearly knows how to build a team, shame half of the current squad are rubbish.

I don't want to disappoint people...

Why would I enjoy it? It makes me so ****ing angry. And when you can see huge errors being made EVERY ****ING GAME by our delightful manager....

I think it's hilarious when people say they can see something being built. I can't see a thing, we look atrocious nearly every game to me.

I don't understand why you always overreact so much. There is no denying that we were average today but the manager lacks options and the players coming into the team have weakened us significantly, Mason and Bentaleb are particularly missed. We should also remember that the ref got pretty much every major decision wrong.

Yesterdays performance was the culmination of a months hard work and non stop games - we looked knackered. The problem we have is that we are playing SO many games with a squad, that beyond the first 11 or so, is of ****e quality or players not in the Managers plans...

There will be inconsistencies through the season until we get the squad right... our players do need a break and something had to give, that was yesterdays performance which was terrile to say the least. Was not good.

We need to improve defensively. Every time that a side attacks us, we know that a goal is going to be conceded sooner or later. We have kept one clean sheet, away from home, in the Premier League this season, that's not good if we are seeking a top 4 place; we can't expect to score 2+ goals each time we play away just for a chance of a win.

We need to improve defensively. Every time that a side attacks us, we know that a goal is going to be conceded sooner or later. We have kept one clean sheet, away from home, in the Premier League this season, that's not good if we are seeking a top 4 place; we can't expect to score 2+ goals each time we play away just for a chance of a win.

I agree; once we can get a good DM who is up to speed and who can start quick forward passing movements we'll be much better. Stambouli shows potential but is still so-so (though MUCH better than Capoue...)

I knew we'd struggle without Bentaleb and Mason - we've been so much better with them in the side. Poch has clearly rated them both as key parts of his system as he has picked them both whenever fit, leaving £45m worth of central midfielders out of the side in their favour. Poch wants his team to be able to move the ball around quickly, to pass accurately and be able to receive and control the ball in congested areas, as well as being able to put in a shift defensively. Sadly, if we lose either of those two (or Eriksen), we struggle because our other CMs don't have the passing skills and first touch that Bentaleb and Mason have. In an ideal world, we'd have got Schneiderlin in the summer and we'd have the option of one of those two as an alternative option if one of our first choice isn't fit, that sadly hasn't happened.

Have a look at our league form without either of those two in the side, with one or the other, and both together:

Neither:
Sunderland 2-2 Spurs
Spurs 0-1 West Brom
Crystal Palace 2-1 Spurs
(Also the poor draw with Burnley in the cup and the defeat against Besiktas)

0.33 points per game

Just Mason:
Spurs 1-0 Southampton
Emirates Marketing Project 4-1 Spurs
Spurs 1-2 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Aston Villa 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 1-2 Stoke
Hull 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 0-0 Man Utd

1.42 points per game. Still pretty poor, but better.

Just Bentaleb:
West Ham 0-1 Spurs
Spurs 4-0 QPR
Spurs 0-3 Liverpool

2 points per game. Small sample size so it's hardly conclusive. We did dingdong on Saudi Sportswashing Machine 4-0 in the cup with him in the side too though.

Both together:
Arsenal 1-1 Spurs
Spurs 2-1 Everton
Chel53a 3-0 Spurs
Spurs 0-0 Crystal Palace
Swansea 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 2-1 Burnley
Leicester 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 5-3 Chel53a (yes I know Mason went off injured early)

2.125 points per game. The only defeat has come at Stamford Bridge. We've beaten Chel53a and Everton and were unlucky not to win at the Emirates. 1.75 goals per game which is decent. With that average points per game over the season so far we'd be in third place and in the title race. Now obviously, it's still a relatively small sample size, but anyone who's seen the games we've played with Mason and Bentaleb in together should be able to see how much better we move the ball around and create goalscoring opportunities.

When Poch has had to use Dembele, Stambouli, Capoue, or GHod forbid even Paulinho, we've been far worse than any of us would like to be. And I think that Poch, Mitchell and Baldini get that - hence why we've been looking at players like Rabiot this window. But let's give Poch credit where it's due - we've played some of the best football we've played since we had Modric and Van Der Vaart in midfield at times this season, but there's only so much he can do with such weak back-up at CM, CF and CB, and such poor wingers in general.

I knew we'd struggle without Bentaleb and Mason - we've been so much better with them in the side. Poch has clearly rated them both as key parts of his system as he has picked them both whenever fit, leaving £45m worth of central midfielders out of the side in their favour. Poch wants his team to be able to move the ball around quickly, to pass accurately and be able to receive and control the ball in congested areas, as well as being able to put in a shift defensively. Sadly, if we lose either of those two (or Eriksen), we struggle because our other CMs don't have the passing skills and first touch that Bentaleb and Mason have. In an ideal world, we'd have got Schneiderlin in the summer and we'd have the option of one of those two as an alternative option if one of our first choice isn't fit, that sadly hasn't happened.

Have a look at our league form without either of those two in the side, with one or the other, and both together:

Neither:
Sunderland 2-2 Spurs
Spurs 0-1 West Brom
Crystal Palace 2-1 Spurs
(Also the poor draw with Burnley in the cup and the defeat against Besiktas)

0.33 points per game

Just Mason:
Spurs 1-0 Southampton
Emirates Marketing Project 4-1 Spurs
Spurs 1-2 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Aston Villa 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 1-2 Stoke
Hull 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 0-0 Man Utd

1.42 points per game. Still pretty poor, but better.

Just Bentaleb:
West Ham 0-1 Spurs
Spurs 4-0 QPR
Spurs 0-3 Liverpool

2 points per game. Small sample size so it's hardly conclusive. We did dingdong on Saudi Sportswashing Machine 4-0 in the cup with him in the side too though.

Both together:
Arsenal 1-1 Spurs
Spurs 2-1 Everton
Chel53a 3-0 Spurs
Spurs 0-0 Crystal Palace
Swansea 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 2-1 Burnley
Leicester 1-2 Spurs
Spurs 5-3 Chel53a (yes I know Mason went off injured early)

2.125 points per game. The only defeat has come at Stamford Bridge. We've beaten Chel53a and Everton and were unlucky not to win at the Emirates. 1.75 goals per game which is decent. With that average points per game over the season so far we'd be in third place and in the title race. Now obviously, it's still a relatively small sample size, but anyone who's seen the games we've played with Mason and Bentaleb in together should be able to see how much better we move the ball around and create goalscoring opportunities.

When Poch has had to use Dembele, Stambouli, Capoue, or GHod forbid even Paulinho, we've been far worse than any of us would like to be. And I think that Poch, Mitchell and Baldini get that - hence why we've been looking at players like Rabiot this window. But let's give Poch credit where it's due - we've played some of the best football we've played since we had Modric and Van Der Vaart in midfield at times this season, but there's only so much he can do with such weak back-up at CM, CF and CB, and such poor wingers in general.

This is a good post, but I don't think it's fair to include the game at the Emirates under the category of both Mason and Bentaleb -- Bentaleb came on as sub in the 80th minute, Capoue and Mason did the work in this. Probably Capoue's best performance (I suspect to do with the fact that we sat pretty deep for large parts of this game).

This is a good post, but I don't think it's fair to include the game at the Emirates under the category of both Mason and Bentaleb -- Bentaleb came on as sub in the 80th minute, Capoue and Mason did the work in this. Probably Capoue's best performance (I suspect to do with the fact that we sat pretty deep for large parts of this game).

This. Good overall post from SUIYHA re Bentaleb and Mason's importance though

Back