• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

this isn’t new, we’ve been phoning it in for 18 months and he’s let that go

he sidelined Adebayor and Kaboul for dipping just below the line, the current lot have sunk a mile below

Until Xmas last year we played okay? Granted since we have not looked a great team.

Sunk? Or been torpedoed by the management?

I don’t think torpedo’d as I think he’s their mate, which is probably a lot of the problem.

For a long time now, there have been no consequences to being brick. Hugo, Toby, Eriksen, Alli, Kane, they’ve all had periods of dogbrick performances yet still been back in the starting eleven as soon as they could stand up straight.

I don’t think torpedo’d as I think he’s their mate, which is probably a lot of the problem.

For a long time now, there have been no consequences to being brick. Hugo, Toby, Eriksen, Alli, Kane, they’ve all had periods of dogbrick performances yet still been back in the starting eleven as soon as they could stand up straight.

I thought dropping Lamela on Saturday sent out all the wrong signals, he has probably been our best player this season, to not have started him tonight makes that decision look even worse.

Last edited:
I thought dropping Lamela on Saturday sent out all the wrong signals, he has probably been our best player this season, to not have started him tonight makes that decision look even worse.

He’s been our best player since we signed him, there was a huge celebration of relief in the Bayern dressing room when they saw the starting line up I’m sure.

I would hate to see him go, but some of this is starting to look and feel all to familiar.

No lamela in our last two starting line ups? Especially in that abomination of a line up tonight, wtf was that poch?

It can't be easy with at least three of the core of the team (eriksen, Toby and rose) wanting out and question marks of various types over Jan, dier, aurier and wanyama but surely we can do better than this.

I don't care who the manager is no one is going to sort that out quickly.

I would hate to see him go, but some of this is starting to look and feel all to familiar.

No lamela in our last two starting line ups? Especially in that abomination of a line up tonight, wtf was that poch?

It can't be easy with at least three of the core of the team (eriksen, Toby and rose) wanting out and question marks of various types over Jan, dier, aurier and wanyama but surely we can do better than this.

If they want out they are no longer core

If they want out they are no longer core
Ok, the of our successful team. Take two of the best players in your team , eriksen and Toby, out of it along with our other player issues and see where it gets you.
Liverpool without Salah and Vvd for instance.

Rose is easily fixed - Davies.
Eriksen - keep him dropped and build the MKII (pochs own words - yet I see no sign of it)
Toby is harder. Now might be the time for Tanganga.

My point is that you’ve failed to motivate them if they want away

They want away because as individuals nearly everyone of them could contribute towards winning things elsewhere whilst earning a fat pay packet for it.

Here I'm afraid we have to conclude that as great as this team was for us - the best in my lifetime without question - there's always been that little bit lacking guaranteeing they will end trophyless as a group. Aside from Kane, and even he lately has had (quite forgivably) games where he goes missing we don't have any true world beaters.

A few years ago we had an exciting team with the best stats in the league in terms of both goals scored and goals conceded. Now that promising core are older everything has gone stale, we're consistently found out taticlly, we're failing to do the simple and we have one hell of a rebuilding process to go through.

Pack yer bags and fcuk off lad.

I went off him just before the champs league final with his comments about leaving and doing us a favour by hanging around.

As a person he is reaching Sherwood levels of clamness.

Pack yer bags and fcuk off lad.

I went off him just before the champs league final with his comments about leaving and doing us a favour by hanging around.

As a person he is reaching Sherwood levels of clamness.

Yeah I've had enough of him now. Hes looking like a one trick pony to me , in his interviews and tactics. He doesn't know what to do. And then all this talk about feelings, emotions, lemons and auras. I mean its like Glenn Hoddle on steroids. Id be for giving him time but he hasn't respected our club over the last 5 months and he genuinely doesnt look like he wants to be here or knows what to do.

For sure, Levy's transfer policy last season didn't help and maybe chickens are coming home to roost a bit but I still have faith in Levy's long term plan. Sadly, he's got to deliver that vision without Poch as far as I'm concerned.

I think we saw last night what we can do with the diamond. Relentless pressing and we looked alright, once our energy dropped we looked very vulnerable.

I can get using the diamond for periods of games. Starting that way last night, accepting an open game, end to end stuff, try to shock them and roll the dice. I can't understand continuing in that formation after our energy levels entirely predictably drops and the gaps in the diamond start opening up. Particularly when the roll of the dice had paid off, we got the lead, we had them where we wanted. Change it to something more solid, we had the players to do it.

One might say Pochettino got beat in the tactical, thinking, management aspect of the game. I think reality is he defeated himself. Kovac did basic stuff and Pochettino watched as the predictable became inevitable.

Back