• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Leicester - poll added to opening post

I only saw the end of the game and then re-watched the first 20 mins of the game.

In general and in this game we seem lack composure, and don't control games from the midfield. In other words:

1. A mentality to stay composed and be clinical isn't always there, as you'd expect with a young developing side. Too many stray passes when players are perfectly able, its just psychology, and too many missed opportunities in the final third - excited passes in front of goal, when players should be unemotional and simply finding a team mate to finish, or the corner of the net.

2. We leave a lot of space in midfield. At the end of the game it would have been better to drop back, stop pressing high and hold two strong lines in defence.

We maybe need a Davids or Carrick type player who can pull the team together in midfield. Someone who has experience and can help control the game. Bentaleb can be that player, but for this season it would be nice to give him a role model experienced pro who can play some games and help the developing midfielders.

B52qW8gCEAA2mXQ.png

I only saw the end of the game and then re-watched the first 20 mins of the game.

In general and in this game we seem lack composure, and don't control games from the midfield. In other words:

1. A mentality to stay composed and be clinical isn't always there, as you'd expect with a young developing side. Too many stray passes when players are perfectly able, its just psychology, and too many missed opportunities in the final third - excited passes in front of goal, when players should be unemotional and simply finding a team mate to finish, or the corner of the net.

2. We leave a lot of space in midfield. At the end of the game it would have been better to drop back, stop pressing high and hold two strong lines in defence.

We maybe need a Davids or Carrick type player who can pull the team together in midfield. Someone who has experiencthat player, but for this season it would be nice to give him a role model experienced pro who can play some games and help the developing midfielderse and can help control the game. Bentaleb can be

I just said exactly the same thing to a mate of mine on the phone, this is exactly what we need.

Most of the Liverpool players received slightly higher marks than their Burnley counterparts, but both teams were terrible to be fair. Burnley just put in a lot more effort.

Agreed. But who is that man? Is it Schneiderlin ? Any other thoughts?

To be totally honest I have no idea, sadly I onlyget the time to watch Spurs games but very little other football , so my knowledge of players with other teams is scant at best, I have no idea how good Schneiderlin is, I've barely seen him play. Great crested Widgeon

To be totally honest I have no idea, sadly I onlyget the time to watch Spurs games but very little other football , so my knowledge of players with other teams is scant at best, I have no idea how good Schneiderlin is, I've barely seen him play. Great crested Widgeon

He is like a more aggressive Carrick albeit with a slightly worse passing range. He's good and on his day brilliant. Perfect for us and unfortunately the goons.

Lloris - 8 I would have been disappointed if he had got beaten by the majority of shots he faced. There were a few really good ones. Jimmy Hill's love child should have got a red for the elbow at the end.

Walker - 4 I love Walker but he was awful in this match. He lost possession over and over. Defensively pretty lax too. A strenght of his is one on ones but got beaten repeatedly in those situations.
Fazio - 6 Not brilliant but was much better than his partner, Both he an Vertonghen were a bit overworked and it showed.
Vertonghen - 5 - Not great from him today and should have ahd a pen against for the shirt pull. Stupid really.
Rose - 5 Better than Walker but not by a whole lot.

Lamela - 6 Beauty of a pass to free Chadli before the goal. Worked hard as he always does and kept it simple for the most part. Not bad overall.
Stambouli - 4 Gave almost no protection to the back four and it looked like the pace of the match was too much for him, and was rightly subbed. I don't like to judge players before they get a decent run of games under their belts but I can't see it with this guy so far.
Bentaleb - 5 Had a few bad moments in this game but not the horror show I was expecting after reading the match thread. Looks a bit leggy and probably could do with a day off.
Chadli - 6 Had a bright first half and was causing them plenty trouble. Didn't repeat that in the 2nd half unfortunately.

Eriksen - 7 I thought he was OK but not brilliant today. +1 for the goal.
Kane - 6 Well taken goal. A bit of a mixed bag from him today besides that. He did loose the ball quite a lot and should have probably scored a second. Was it his pass that put Bentaleb in?

---

Mason - 5
Soldado - 5
Paulinho - 5

He is like a more aggressive Carrick albeit with a slightly worse passing range. He's good and on his day brilliant. Perfect for us and unfortunately the goons.[/QUOTE

Thanks mate, I loved Carrick back in the day, I thought he was absolute quality.

Back