• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Leicester City

Chadli seems to be marked down for missing those 2 sitters but for me his dive was so much worse. No contact whatsoever and just truly embarrassing.

his biggest crime for me is his soft tackling, that one yesterday where he lost the ball by our corner flag was embarrassing

Chadli had a bad game. But credit though, I don't think he went hiding. He was chasing back, admittedly he did poorly against Schlupp a few times (but so did Walker). He had two horrendous misses, but again he was there to miss them. And he stayed involved. Kane should have got his fourth from a lovely Chadli cross and I'm sure he set off Paulinho for the fourth.

I'm not saying he wasn't poor, but I'm happy he didn't hide and stay on the periphery of the game. He could do a lot better still

Last edited:
Fascinating how so many posters in this thread would make you think that Paulinho never played. Is it so difficult to acknowledge the impact he made on his introduction?

Wonder if the same would have been the case if it was Lamela???

Chadli had a bad game. But credit though, I don't think he went hiding. He was chasing back, admittedly he did poorly against Schlupp a few times (but so did Walker). He had two horrendous misses, but again he was there to miss them. And he stayed involved. Kane should have got his fourth from a lovely Chadli corner and I'm sure he set off Paulinho for the fourth.

I'm not saying he wasn't poor, but I'm happy he didn't hide and stay on the periphery of the game. He could do a lot better still

Some fair comments there but the misses were almost unforgivable. Both chances were very simple and should have been scored.

Chadli had a bad game. But credit though, I don't think he went hiding. He was chasing back, admittedly he did poorly against Schlupp a few times (but so did Walker). He had two horrendous misses, but again he was there to miss them. And he stayed involved. Kane should have got his fourth from a lovely Chadli corner and I'm sure he set off Paulinho for the fourth.

Solid observation! Quite like that in a player, shows a decent attitude I think.

Hopefully he'll bounce back soon.

6 perhaps, maybe even 5, as missing a penalty is not great. Would have depended on the scoreline, though, and how costly the miss was.

But what kind of thing is that to say? It's like saying that if Kane hadn't scored any of the 29 goals he has scored this season, he would have had a poor season. Or that if Ronaldo hadn't scored as many goals as he scores, he wouldn't have been so highly rated. Or that if Hugo Lloris was making bad mistakes on a regular basis rather than world class saves, he would have been a pretty poor goalkeeper.

Obviously, if someone did a poor job rather than a good job, he would be less highly rated. But you have to rate someone by what they do, not by how you would have rated them if they hadn't done what they did. You can't say that someone would have been a pretty rubbish player, if you only take away all the good things he does. It's a bizarre argument.

So a 5 or a 6 then. Why because he'd have made two mistakes. Twice he wouldnt have done what he was expected to do. Why are people giving him +1s for what he was expected to do? He show get +1 for doing the unexpected. If he scores two world class strikes with pieces of magic he deserves a 9. How can that game be a 9 when the game he played against Chelsea was a 9?

So a 5 or a 6 then. Why because he'd have made two mistakes. Twice he wouldnt have done what he was expected to do. Why are people giving him +1s for what he was expected to do? He show get +1 for doing the unexpected. If he scores two world class strikes with pieces of magic he deserves a 9. How can that game be a 9 when the game he played against Chelsea was a 9?
You have very high demands if you think scoring a hat trick is doing the expected.

I think I gave him a 10 for the Chelsea-performance.

You have very high demands if you think scoring a hat trick is doing the expected.

I think I gave him a 10 for the Chelsea-performance.

firstly, Kane was brilliant that day against Chelsea

but, if that's a 10, how do you rate Messi in the week, Bale against Inter, Maradona in 86, Moore in 70?

you need to reserve something for the truly exceptional surely?

I thought Kane was truly exceptional against Chelsea. As for those other performances, I have only seen Bale's against Inter.

For me, you have to use the scale. You can't just give out 5s ,6's and 7s all the time. Kane against Chelsea is a ten cause you can't excpect any more than that. Two goals, two assists and toying with their defence all game long.

firstly, Kane was brilliant that day against Chelsea

but, if that's a 10, how do you rate Messi in the week, Bale against Inter, Maradona in 86, Moore in 70?

you need to reserve something for the truly exceptional surely?
11. It's like 10 except better.

I thought Kane was truly exceptional against Chelsea. As for those other performances, I have only seen Bale's against Inter.

For me, you have to use the scale. You can't just give out 5s ,6's and 7s all the time. Kane against Chelsea is a ten cause you can't excpect any more than that. Two goals, two assists and toying with their defence all game long.

fair enough, if I voted like that I'd give Ade a 10 every time as I don't expect anything from
him

Back