• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Hull (poll added)

Okay maybe giving 2s and 3s is harsh (it was 2am...) but giving 7s and 8s is crazy in my opinion. I thought we were awful.

Okay maybe giving 2s and 3s is harsh (it was 2am...) but giving 7s and 8s is crazy in my opinion. I thought we were awful.

I think a lot is dependent on the final result

Giving Lloris a 7 seems mental to me but..

On the positive side at a critical point in the game he made a good save (from Brady I think) which really held things together

But

On the negative he had a few awful decisions, like one misjudgement he tried to fix and he ended up the wrong side (what is the opposite of goalside? Unsgoalside??!?!!) of a hull player and was saved by the defenders

Today, as we won the positives will be remembered and the positive things he did shine brighter as a result

I think a lot is dependent on the final result

Giving Lloris a 7 seems mental to me but..

On the positive side at a critical point in the game he made a good save (from Brady I think) which really held things together

But

On the negative he had a few awful decisions, like one misjudgement he tried to fix and he ended up the wrong side (what is the opposite of goalside? Unsgoalside??!?!!) of a hull player and was saved by the defenders

Today, as we won the positives will be remembered and the positive things he did shine brighter as a result

That alone is the reason he got a 7 from me. I make no apology.

Lamela - 8. I think this will divide opinion. One of his better games today. I saw some signs that he is adjusting to the speed of the Prem and moved it very quickly at times with Eriksen. Work rate was brilliant. He's got great ball control, when he receives the ball I do feel a little more excited than when I see certain other player's receive it. Anyone questioning his ability should run his performance alongside Kane's/Soldado's today. Got a feeling this lad is gonna come good. Poch knows he's a player. Cant wait for him to find a few goals/assists so its recognised more. We probably don't appreciate the class and potential of this lad because we want success from players immediately, but like someone above said, we would miss him if he wasn't with us.

Whilst he's working his socks off like today, I am definitely happy to keep him in the team.

COYS

He was great today. Some great touches and total commitment for the full 90. I was aghast that Poch was about to sub him with about 10mins or so to go. That was the wrong move by Poch IMO.

I just watched the match again (as the missus is away) and some of the ratings on here are very very harsh. Maybe emotion based rather than objective. They hardly got a sniff in the 2nd half as you would expect with a man less, but playing against 10 men is not the fait accompli that some assume. I think we played the 10 men excellently and got what we deserved at the end.

I thought the Dembele sub was mistake at the time. He wasn't spectacular but was holding us together in a way that Capoue had not been of late. When he went off I assumed they run right through us without a holder, even with the man down, but from the red card on they totally retreated and tried to hold onto the lead. Their pressing game from the first half (which was excellent) basically stopped right there and then. Poch saw this one perfectly and the Lennon sub was absolutely bang on. Mason and Eriksen totally dominated given the extra time and space they were afforded. Lamela also was excellent.

Very pleased overall and frankly I don't get the negative comments at all. Maybe my bar is lower.

Lamela 7 - would have been 8 but for his tendency to take on one too many defenders rather than make the simple pass

Chiriches 5 - how can you call yourself a defender when you don't even challenge for the simplest of headers?

No bias there, obviously!!!!!!!!!:-k

Can the Lamela apologists tell us what he offers to the team? Capoue has been more useful - which is saying something! He looked total cr*p - especially in the first half when he was playing 11 v 11; same as Soldado.

Can the Lamela apologists tell us what he offers to the team? Capoue has been more useful - which is saying something! He looked total cr*p - especially in the first half when he was playing 11 v 11; same as Soldado.

It is possible to discuss this without acting lik a troll.

Ha! Maybe I WAS a tad harsh on Chiriches but there WERE quite a few miss-placed passes as well as a cross that sailed way over everyone and well beyond the far post, plus a ridiculous attempt to back into his opponent rather than go up for the header. To me he just seems like an accident waiting to happen the whole time. Yes there was also some good stuff so maybe a six, but that's being generous.

As for Lamela, despite his frustrating tendency to take on one too many I thought his overall contribution was excellent. He was here there and everywhere, harrying the opposition and showing admirable resolution to help get us back into the game. To downrate him to a six would be wrong.

Lamela an 8 from some? wow i must have seen a different game. first half i thought he was our worst player. he did get better in the 2nd but so did the rest of our team after we had the extra man. He always seems to pick the wrong option and want too much time on the ball. He does work hard and I give him credit for that but ffs he is not giving us nearly enough for one of our attacking options. Once Chadli is fit again i anticipate we will see Erik back on the bench maybe he is best served as an impact ub against tired legs?

Excuse me - why is stating the obvious acting like a troll?

Are you telling me that there are no posters who are trying to find every excuse in the book where Lamela is concerned?
I'll go further than that. I don't think there's a single poster who's trying to find every excuse in the book for him.

Very pleased overall and frankly I don't get the negative comments at all. Maybe my bar is lower.

Exactly. We didn't look like Real Madrid, but where we're coming from, it was a pretty decent performance. We created plenty of scoring chances. We passed the ball well. We hustled and deserved to get the result. An improved performance from villa and stoke games.

The defence needs work though. We have to be more resilient. If teams put pressure on our defence it looks fragile. But then 3 of the back 4 are new. Chelsea doing so well at the moment, playing the same defenders week in and out.

Lloris had two mad 'claims' which left him high and dry. His distribution wasn't great either. He was whiskers away from saving the goal, and made a couple of excellent saves. 6

Mason 7
Eriksen 8.5
Lamela 7

Good to see Dembele back. I think he can work as one of Poch's CMs. Yes his passing isn't crisp, but he brings enough and with Mason, Dembele doesn't need to pass the ball he can shield the defence and carry the ball forward.

Code:
Name			Touches	KeyPass	PA%	Disposs.BadTouchDribblesShots	OnTargetTackles	Aerials	Rating

Hugo Lloris  		36	0 	60.9 	0 	0	0	0	0 	0	0	5.96	
Eric Dier (45′)		41	0	75.8 	0 	0	0	1 	0	0	0	6.04	
Jan Vertonghen 		59	0 	89.1 	1 	1	0	1 	0	1	3	6.81	
Federico Fazio 		72	0 	86.2 	0 	1	1	1 	0	1	5	7.39	
Ben Davies 		53	1 	87.8 	0 	0	0	0 	0	2	1	6.58	
Mousa Dembélé (58′) 	40	1 	94.3 	1 	1	0	1	0	1	0	6.02	
Ryan Mason 		113	5 	90.3 	0 	0	1	2 	1	3	1	7.59	
Erik Lamela 		88	2 	90.3 	2 	2	7	4 	1	3	1	8.30	
Harry Kane 		56	0 	83.8 	3 	2	1	5 	2	0	1	7.13	
Christian Eriksen	101 	5	91.1 	0 	1	1	5 	5	0	0	8.18	 
Roberto Soldado (78′) 	38	1 	75 	0	1	0 	3	1 	2	0	6.61	

Aaron Lennon (58′) 	24	3 	85.7 	0 	0	0	0 	0	1	0	6.96	
Paulinho (78′) 		15	0 	93.3 	0 	0	0	0 	0	0	0	6.13
Vlad Chiriches (45′)	42	1 	75 	0 	0	1	0 	0	0	0	6.64

According to WhoScored.com, Lamela was MOTM.

Chiriches the only player to be caught offside.

Code:
Name            Touches    KeyPass    PA%    Disposs.BadTouchDribblesShots    OnTargetTackles    Aerials    Rating

Hugo Lloris          36    0     60.9     0     0    0    0    0     0    0    5.96    
Eric Dier (45′)        41    0    75.8     0     0    0    1     0    0    0    6.04    
Jan Vertonghen         59    0     89.1     1     1    0    1     0    1    3    6.81    
Federico Fazio         72    0     86.2     0     1    1    1     0    1    5    7.39    
Ben Davies         53    1     87.8     0     0    0    0     0    2    1    6.58    
Mousa Dembélé (58′)     40    1     94.3     1     1    0    1    0    1    0    6.02    
Ryan Mason         113    5     90.3     0     0    1    2     1    3    1    7.59    
Erik Lamela         88    2     90.3     2     2    7    4     1    3    1    8.30    
Harry Kane         56    0     83.8     3     2    1    5     2    0    1    7.13    
Christian Eriksen    101     5    91.1     0     1    1    5     5    0    0    8.18     
Roberto Soldado (78′)     38    1     75     0    1    0     3    1     2    0    6.61    

Aaron Lennon (58′)     24    3     85.7     0     0    0    0     0    1    0    6.96    
Paulinho (78′)         15    0     93.3     0     0    0    0     0    0    0    6.13
Vlad Chiriches (45′)    42    1     75     0     0    1    0     0    0    0    6.64

According to WhoScored.com, Lamela was MOTM.

Chiriches the only player to be caught offside.

Page link please.

Yeah... riiiigghhhttttt :^)

Until recently in the teeth of all the hype around him I've been scathing about Lamela, dubbing him our next Bentley - an exhorbitant flop, full of tricks and skills but forever running into blind alleys, persistently ****ing up promising attacks through needlessly taking on one too many.

TBF it's hard to escape the conclusion he still adjusting to the pace and intensity of the Premiership, that in Italy he must have been allowed far more space on the edge of the box than he is over here.

Yes he's still running into blind alleys but would you not agree there are signs he's also learning when to release the ball? And that meanwhile he's also contributing far more all around the pitch? Let's at least give him credit for putting in the grind.

Re: Ratings v Hull

Mason above Dembele? wtf..

before the sending off Mason was poor and Dembele pretty good. His distribution of the ball wasn't great but positionally he was very good.

He had ONE (1) pass that was going forward in the 1st half! ONE!!! And that one pass was 3m!

Back