• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Crystal Palace

Poch got a bit wrong today
- Please, no more Townsend in the PL, really poor game
- Capoue, did he really need another game to see that Capoue is poor?
- Chasing the game, Lennon could have helped

Obvious ****ing manager dead cat bounce
Ref was quite truly awful, supposedly he has made the most mistakes of any ref in the PL this season, why the **** is he still in PL?

Bad day at office for Chadli

Kudos for Fazio for throwing down the palace prick who was trying to rough up Lloris

Lloris 7 - no chance with their goals, couple of decent saves

Walker 6 - did well until Zaha gave him the runaround late-on, but tbf the Palace player was on fire, anyone would have struggled

Fazio 6 - worryingly exposed on the turn a couple of times

Verts 7 - lost count of the number of timely clearances he made

Rose 7 - fiercely competitive, got in their faces

Stambouli 7 - despite the pen, his best game to date in a Spurs shirt. Some really excellent grafting overall, never seen so many Cruyff turns to get him out of scrapes. Still adjusting to the high-energy demands of the PL and was starting to tire before that fractionally mistimed tackle in the box handed Palace the initiative

Dembele 6 - spoilt an otherwise excellent, probing performance late on when turning his back unforgivably on Puncheon as he shaped to shoot for their second goal

Townsend 4 - back to his frustrating worst, constantly miscontrolling and conceding possession with careless passing - grrr!

Eriksen 6 - not firing on all cylinders atm, even so, worked his socks off until visibly tiring late-on, allowing Zaha to pass him with ease

Chadli 6 - impressive early on seemed to all-but disappear in the last 30

Kane 7 - not at his best but still managed to find the net and should have had a pen late on. Needs to stop accentuating fouls on him in the box by appearing to dive as that is what's going against him

Subs

Capoue 6 - one excellent long-range shot plus a couple of decent crosses into the box but like Dembele went and spoilt it all by bottling the challenge on Puncheon for their second

Soldado 5 - nothing changes

Poch 6 - correct starting eleven but Stambouli had started struggling some while before the pen incident and for me a really astute manager would have seen it coming and pulled him off that bit earlier

Pooch's subs weren't great. I kept looking over towards the bench hoping to see Lennon about to come on, even Paulinho would've been preferable to what we got.

His subs were awful

Capoue on for an attacking player killed any momentum that we may have been able to build up as he is ****e

Soldado came on and hardly touched the ball

He dabbles around with players to fit his system but still won't play like for likes within the system e.g pacey winger for pacey winger

I use style think it ****ed us royally today

People talk about selling some players but I can't imagine any team in this division buying Capoue... Even QPR have better players than him

Oh and the groundsman deserves a 0 for the worst pitch I've seen since the millennium stadium

That pitch was a huge hindrance to our football and several times players went over on massive divots that could break an ankle

Really surprised to see 5's for Rose, thought he was quality today. Was showing aggression whilst maintaining discipline, which is a very hard thing to do.

And thought until the Stambouli pen (which I disagree with but accept it may have looked like one from Ref's POV) the midfield pairing did well today.

I thought Stambouli had a good game up until the penalty. Dembele for me comes in for more stick out of the two when it comes to defending as there were times when his positioning was off. An example would be when Stambouli was forced to come out with the man he was marking. Dembele held his position and didn't fill in the space in front of the back four.

I thought poch really ****ed this game up with his subs. Capoue was horrendous partially at fault for both goals (first goal he needlessly gave away the ball which led to corner for palace)

Capoue wasn't on the pitch for the first goal mate. He came on for Townsend just after it.

Was going to say this and then started to doubt myself almost.

Says it all, about how people see completely different games sometimes and also clearly how people see what they want to see.

People knocking Soldado in this game make me cringe.

Bloke comes on for 15 minutes when the shape of the team is all over the place, actually places fairly decent and he still gets slaughtered. Eriksen has an absolute shocker and nobody says a word and he gets average ratings of 6.

This place does my head in sometimes.

eriksen was anonymous most of the match, needed him to pop up suddenly with a magic move and a goal like in previous matches, guess it wasn't to be.

he just doesn't do well with the rough and tumble sort does he.

eriksen was anonymous most of the match, needed him to pop up suddenly with a magic move and a goal like in previous matches, guess it wasn't to be.

he just doesn't do well with the rough and tumble sort does he.

He just never does well as a #10.

Llors - 7
Walks - 6
Fazs - 6
Verts - 6
Ros - 6
Dembs - 5
Stams - 5
Towns - 5
Eriks - 6
Chads - 6
Kanes - 6

Caps - 5
Solds - 5

Just when we were building some continuity, we lose our midfield pair. Neither Dembele or Stambolui are confident or settled in the side. Both put in a shift and did okay. It would have been good to for them to get more support in the middle after we scored. Eriksen dropping in, and the wide players tucking in. Instead we pressed high, looked all at sea, and totally lost any shape.

Kane's goal was sublime. Townsend poor.

Thought Poch had an off day. Needed to shore up the midfield, get Eriksen deeper after the goal instead of pressing high.

Lloris - his usual match. Made some key saves. Couldn't be faulted for the goals.

Walker - neither good in defence or attack. Hopefully just still rusty.

Fazio - surprisingly poor in the air today. Allowed Murray and from set pieces their defenders to win virtually everything. Led to chaos in our area at times.

Verts - ok but not really effective at covering for Fazios deficiencies today.

Rose - feisty performance but not great.

Dembele - tried to move the ball faster but not his natural game. Ok as back up.

Stambouli - worriesome. Looks always like a liability with a mistake waiting to happen. The penalty was just one of many moments of madness.

Townsend - really disappointing. I had high hopes for him yet he is now failing to deliver too often. Don't know if he has been instructed to not take players on as well as not shoot, but he has been completely neutered as an attacking threat.

Eriksen - looked jaded. We really don't have a direct replacement for him and consequently he has been overplayed by Poch. Should never have played at Burnley.

Chadli - see Eriksen comments above. Started brightly but seemed to be affected by the constant Palace fans booing after his swan dive.

Kane - great finish for goal but otherwise not his usual effervescent self. Needs a partner for these types of games.

Capoue - should never play for us again. Not good enough. Poor on their second goal.

Soldado - did nothing

Poch - paid the price for not rotating enough against Burnley, leaving the subs too late and making the wrong ones. Crappoo is a waste of space. We always looked likely to lose after their equaliser and visibly tired in the last 20 minutes. Hopefully he will learn from this and bring in some quality new recruits sooner rather than later.

Back