• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Burnley - Poll added to opening post

Re: Ratings vs Burnley

Lloris 7 good nothing about the goal
Walker 7 such a calming presence
Verts 6 steady
Fazio 6 decent
Davies 6 ok
Bentaleb 6 quiet today
Mason 7 thought he was very good before injury
Eriksen 8.5 back to his best
Lamela 7.5 best game in spurs shirt but faded badly in second half
Chadli 7 so dangerous in final third
Kane 7.5 very good again missed a sitter but some brilliant play as well

All sixes and sevens for me. No-one was brilliant and no-one was terrible.

I think he's got everything - crisp passing, power, work rate, intelligence.

He's just a bit inconsistent at the moment, which is inherent at his age. But the whole resurgence of the last month or so has largely be based on his CM partnership with Mason.

I agree with Steff - it's him, not Eriksen, who will be the next one to go to Madrid

The only way Bentaleb would go to Real ahead of Eriksen is because they have enough of Eriksens type already. Eriksen is superior in ability, he never gives the ball away which Bentaleb does a fair bit and Eriksen is far more involved in games and can potentially dominate which Bentaleb certainly doesn't do.

I like Bentaleb but he hasn't shown enough to suggest he could reach the levels that Eriksen will....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Is there a player who currently elicits more diverse opinion among fans than Fazio??? 4 responses at this point and four different scores ranging from 4 to 8!!!

Lloris 6 decent saves but kicking simply horrendous - over and over again
Walker 6 average
Verts 6 ok
Fazio 7 for those who gave his 5's I have one question - just imagine we were subjected to those long balls with Kaboul instead of him!!! Monster in the air and massive leader
Davies 6 ok too but it's worrisome how wingers tend to consistently get goalside of him; happened again today
Bentaleb 5 poor
Mason 7 excellent before injury; best movement of all the team. His contribution is gauged by our decline when he went off injured
Eriksen 8 makes my pants sticky
Lamela 8 finally showed glimpses of what he can offer - but this was only Burnley...
Chadli 7 getting back to his best though switched off in early second half
Kane 7 should have had a hat trick; air kick in first half will haunt him

Stambouli 5 pretty anonymous

Is there a player who currently elicits more diverse opinion among fans than Fazio??? 4 responses at this point and four different scores ranging from 4 to 8!!!

I think he is making a big difference to us, massive presence and getting better and better.

A real mixed bag today - about 10 times we got at them with 4 vs 4 and just couldn't hook it up; shooting when we should pass and vice versa.

Almost everyone did good and bad things, I felt Lloris made some vital saves but needs to concentrate on just clearing it to the centre circle, not the wings.

I thought Bentaleb made some poor passes, and Fazio gave away a few very unnecessary fouls which invited their best chances, very foolish.

Hmmm... still a work in progress.

A real mixed bag today - about 10 times we got at them with 4 vs 4 and just couldn't hook it up; shooting when we should pass and vice versa.

Almost everyone did good and bad things, I felt Lloris made some vital saves but needs to concentrate on just clearing it to the centre circle, not the wings.

I thought Bentaleb made some poor passes, and Fazio gave away a few very unnecessary fouls which invited their best chances, very foolish.

Yes, but at moments the passing and more importantly the tempo of passing showed what it could be.

....which is all that could be hoped for right now tbh...

Good games by Eriksen & Lloris, most of the rest of the team had a good 1st half, struggled in 2nd.

Lamela had a great 1st half, put their LB under huge pressure, then drifted across to right, was far less effective.

Kane continued the scoring, but we have seen where he needs to improve, at least 3 big misses today that could have killed the game off for us. That said, 14 in first real senior season before xmas is very good achievement.

Walker helps our balance.

Poch got it right in 1st half, would have liked to see something better in 2nd half especially when we were under a bit of pressure from them.

Agree with these comments

I disagree. Fazio is a smart cookie (Verts is too). He usually only gives away fouls when it's the least worst thing to do - i.e. he sees the consequences of not making the foul and makes a rational decision.

I disagree. Fazio is a smart cookie (Verts is too). He usually only gives away fouls when it's the least worst thing to do - i.e. he sees the consequences of not making the foul and makes a rational decision.

Except for the foul in the last minute of the match that gave them a chance to equalise ;)

I like him though and think he's far better than the alternatives. We could still do with another decent CB. Hopefully Moreno is that guy.

Back