• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match of the Day 2013/14 - Now with less Twunt

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
BBC have issued a statement saying Lawro will be less involved this season, but Shearer and Hansen remain.

Where would we all be without the BBC's footballing genius?

P0312_zpsd260de17.png

Team - Points Difference
Queens Park Rangers 31
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 14
Arsenal 12
Everton 11
Sunderland 9
Liverpool 6
Stoke City 6
Manchester United 5
Wigan Athletic 4
Emirates Marketing Project 2
Chelsea 1
Reading -6
Fulham -8
West Ham United -8
Southampton -10
Norwich City -11
Tottenham Hotspur -11
West Bromwich Albion -11
Aston Villa -14
Swansea City -16

The stupid thing was it had become obvious halfway through the season to everyone that QPR were struggling massively. Yet he kept saying they'd win.

Just like an addicted gambler betting on black when it's been red turning-up all night.

The stupid thing was it had become obvious halfway through the season to everyone that QPR were struggling massively. Yet he kept saying they'd win.

To be honest it does become a bit of "they have to win eventually" mentality. When ever a teams on a bad losing run and come up against Spurs I get very nervous. Mind you, that's also because we're Spurs!

find lawro annoying as a studio pundit....as a co-commentator during a game he can sometimes be funny but drawling voice starts to grate around the 73 min mark.

They really could do with a complete overhall of the pundits on that show. All of them are pretty awful.

I'm struggling to think of too many pundits I like at all actually. Eidur was good(johnson) the few times I've seen him. I guess Neville is decent and I quite like watching Roy Keane scare the brick out the other pundits but that's about it.

They really could do with a complete overhall of the pundits on that show. All of them are pretty awful.

I'm struggling to think of too many pundits I like at all actually. Eidur was good(johnson) the few times I've seen him. I guess Neville is decent and I quite like watching Roy Keane scare the brick out the other pundits but that's about it.

keano is box office to be fair..........even thinking of the 'sing song' comment brings tears of laughter to my eyes.....same with his Michael Jackson opinion after ucl vs horrid team game.

keano is box office to be fair..........even thinking of the 'sing song' comment brings tears of laughter to my eyes.....same with his Michael Jackson opinion after ucl vs horrid team game.

Yeah he's good and unintentionally funny. What was the Michael Jackson one?

I think Hansen's analysis is good when he bothers, but he's become a lazy caricature of himself and way too repetitive. Also at £30k or £40k per MOTD appearance it's excessive.

Lawro is alright but again has become a bit stale.

Shearer. What is the point? A potted plant would be cheaper and waste less air-time.

They could freshen it up and bring in one of the ex-England women players that they used for the recent Euros. It's the same game to analyze.

Hansen is due to leave after the World Cup. Hurrah.

BBC are scared about being left behind (too late, IMO) by the style of newbies like GNev. I'd almost prefer MOTD if they had no pundits and just showed the games but, according to Lineker, there is a time limit on the highlights they can show so they fill the rest with inanity.

The real question is why have both BT and Sky signed up Michael "personality black-hall" Owen for the new season? Maybe because they perceive his awful monotone might take on some cult like life of his own? The video where he flies a copter over Dubai for ten surreal minutes is almost hypnotizing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-LjX_K9Cg

The real question is why have both BT and Sky signed up Michael "personality black-hall" Owen for the new season? Maybe because they perceive his awful monotone might take on some cult like life of his own? The video where he flies a copter over Dubai for ten surreal minutes is almost hypnotizing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-LjX_K9Cg

Yeah i get sick of his tone. Especially when talking about spurs as he seem to say the same thing every time, especially about Soldado and him not being that good when he was at Real Madrid etc blah blah

going to miss hansen though. he was not a bland pundit. he said it harsh but in the right way. Shearer is boring to listen to.

Will be odd to see MotD without Hansen, he's gone a bit stale in recent seasons but as above, all in all one of the better pundits.

Danny Murphy does a decent job, IMO, but a lot of the others leave a lot to be desired. They seem to have made Shearer their new top guy and he's the worst of the lot, completely devoid of personality and insight.

Spurs legend that he is, I don't think Lineker helps the show, but then again none of the guys they've got to present MotD2 are much better.

Back