• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mark Clattenburg

So can we now agree that this affair has successfully smokescreened the appalling assault on the steward in the same match?

Mission accomplished.

Also I don' t see Chelsea getting two men sent off again in the near future.

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
Society of Black Lawyers claims FA is "institutionally racist." FA chairman David Bernstein calls remarks "ill-informed and unhelpful."

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
Society of Black Lawyers claims FA is "institutionally racist." FA chairman David Bernstein calls remarks "ill-informed and unhelpful."

The irony of the Society of Black Lawyers calling something institutionally racist. :ross:

This guy really is a **** and he has actually disgraces the SoBL. He is a fudgein **** in all seriousness - comical ****

People now banging on about it was black lawyers who reported to police and not Chelsea? Was it not reported at the time it was Chelsea who brought them in and employed them to do an internal investigation and to represent Mikel?

Chelsea reported it to the FA
SBL reported it to the police, even though no member was at the game.

Exactly.

Chelsea reported it to the FA
Chelsea told (or leaked it?) the press.
Herbert read the papers and decided he was in the best position to make an official complaint.

Chelsea's error was to let the press know about their complaint before investigating. After their internal investigation their lawyers told them to drop one of the charges. They had an obligation to investigate and report it to the FA if they found evidence and there was no need to make it public at the time. Then they could have made a considered decision without any Herberts getting involved.

Each week match officials are verbally abused and intimidated in their workplace, players are physically assaulted (Bale as a matter of routine by Charlie Adam), Pedro Mendes suffered a seizure and fitting as a result of an assault by Ben Thatcher, Gary Mabbutt damn near lost his sight as a result of an assault by John Fashanu, none of this is ever reported to the Police by clubs, the FA or Peter Herbert, but when Clattenberg uses the word monkey, in it's correct context by all accounts, Herbert acting on media reports without actually witnessing any incident or wrongdoing tries to make a race hate crime of it. The bloke strikes me as a bit of a one trick pony.

There's an awful lot wrong with the FA but no more than there is with Herbert who strikes me as defaulting to the view that anything not to his liking is race hate derived. I guess when you become obsessed with race you lose your ability to not judge people on their race.

Wait...wait...is that the SBL saying that Chelski and the Met are conspiring to bury the whole affair? Oh my life...:ross:
We really need an emoticon of a clown shoe!

Can anyone set up a society of some sort and have their statements printed in papers across the world for everyone to see?

"The Society of Spurs Supporting non-Layers (ie. me) aren't entirely happy with Chelsea and their apparently groundless accusations against Clattenburg. They should be punished."

Each week match officials are verbally abused and intimidated in their workplace, players are physically assaulted (Bale as a matter of routine by Charlie Adam), Pedro Mendes suffered a seizure and fitting as a result of an assault by Ben Thatcher, Gary Mabbutt damn near lost his sight as a result of an assault by John Fashanu, none of this is ever reported to the Police by clubs, the FA or Peter Herbert, but when Clattenberg uses the word monkey, in it's correct context by all accounts, Herbert acting on media reports without actually witnessing any incident or wrongdoing tries to make a race hate crime of it.

Point well made, as are a lot of the posts in this thread.

It sounds like you have some indication of what was said by Clattenburg and, by your comment, it sounds like it wasnt offensive.
What did he say? I hadnt read this anywhere else yet.

Point well made, as are a lot of the posts in this thread.

It sounds like you have some indication of what was said by Clattenburg and, by your comment, it sounds like it wasnt offensive.
What did he say? I hadnt read this anywhere else yet.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore
A little story for you…. A players remonstrates with ref. Ref listens,then says "I don't give a monkey's" Case,as they say,closed.

If there is a shred of evidence of that, which I bet there is, then it is case closed indeed.
Although I would like to see the FA then go for Chelsea.

My guess was that he told Mikel to "stop monkeying around" since he was back chatting rather than getting on with the game.

Seeing as Collymore's version of events hasn't been corroborated by anyone else, my money is on him being full of brick.

Occam's razor. Chelsea players thought they heard a racist remark. They were fired up and disgruntled with the ref anyway, so their reaction was over the top. The rest of the Chelsea players who didn't hear it took out their frustration on Clattenburg using this as a catalyst.

No one at Chelsea had the maturity and leadership to put their emotions aside and deal with the matter professionally. Not surprising given that their Captain. Legend. Leader. Racist. is one of the worst culprits in football at mouthing off and acting before engaging his brain.

In the aftermath, players and officials realise the damage they've done and are now trying to back away and limit the fallout.

Case, as they say, is dusted.

Agreed, that seems most likely what happened. However, the case isn't dusted.

Unless Chelsea issue a statement saying they were mistaken and the accusations were entirely without foundation, the accusation against Clattenburg sticks with many. He is acquitted due to lack of evidence, not clearly declared not guilty.

And unless Chelsea are punished, the effect of intimidating referees who send of Chelsea players is made. It will be a brave referee who sends off two Chelsea players and risks false accusations and loss of top games. Other clubs can look at this and think they can try the same. The games played by Fergie are taken to a new level.

The first is unlikely and I can't see the evidence being there for the second.

Agreed, that seems most likely what happened. However, the case isn't dusted.

Unless Chelsea issue a statement saying they were mistaken and the accusations were entirely without foundation, the accusation against Clattenburg sticks with many. He is acquitted due to lack of evidence, not clearly declared not guilty.

And unless Chelsea are punished, the effect of intimidating referees who send of Chelsea players is made. It will be a brave referee who sends off two Chelsea players and risks false accusations and loss of top games. Other clubs can look at this and think they can try the same. The games played by Fergie are taken to a new level.

The first is unlikely and I can't see the evidence being there for the second.

Someone brought this to my attention.

Bruce Buck in his defence of Chelsea is quoted as saying

"The heart of Chelsea Football Club is not black"

couldn't make it up

Back