• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manchester XI vs London XI

This is hilarious.

Assuming I'm to set these teams out like dream teams rather than teams designed to face the other it looks like Manchester more than edges it.

Hart

Richards Vidic Kompany Zabaleta

Toure

Kagawa Silva

RVP Rooney

Aguero

4-3-2-1 (Standard back 4, Toure DM, Kagawa and Silva in front of him to make a 3 man central midfield with RVP and Rooney both playing deeper than Aguero.) It's not a formation you see in England very often, it's not a good one. Zabaleta has to go LB because this team lacks LBs, Evra can't be left in a team with very little cover defensively. (Evra vs a right winger and a right back would be very bad, even with Rooney on that side to try to cover.) The crazy thing about this is Cole, BAE and probably Monreal would walk into that side ahead of Evra and the formation is suicide defensively because it forces the opposition to attack via the wings. Offensively though, that team is amazing. Even defensively, the only issue is the lack of protection for full backs, but Zabaleta and Richards might be ok. (Carrick isn't in the team due to Toure being my DM of choice and I only wanted one, but he could come in for Kagawa if needed and the system would become a 4-2-3-1.)

The London team is insanely difficult to work out.

Lloris

Ivanovic Kaboul Vertonghen

Lennon David Luiz Sandro Bale

Mata Wheelchair

Hazard

That is a horrible team. I'll explain my formation so it sort of makes sense, but it's still a poor team.

3-2-4-1

Back 3. Thunder Thighs and Vertonghen are capable of playing RCB and LCB and Kaboul can play CB in a back 3, so no real issues here. The reason is a shocking lack of RBs. (I should watch Azpilicueta more, but I haven't, so Thunder-Thighs seems the best choice RB which made me just go with a back 3 as Vertonghen on the other side seemed to fit well.)

The next 2 are the wing backs... This was strange because Cole, BAE and Monreal could all play there, on the right Walker would work well there (a back 3 gives him cover in the likely event of a fudge up)... But at the rate I was going, I was about to have 7 defenders, so I scrapped this and put Bale and Lennon in... Bale can start deep and run at people, Lennon gives width on the other side, putting both Lennon and Bale seemed to fit, although not that well as I'd have liked them to be wingers rather than wing backs, but there's just not the space in this team for a lot of traditional wide players.

The next 4 is a strange 4 man midfield. Sandro and David Luiz sitting in front of the back 3, Wheelchair and Mata in front of them.

Hazard is the false 9, he can drop back to make a 5 man CM when required, but defensively Hazard and Mata could even provide a 3rd layer of protection against opposition width.

As far as player choices go, London strikers don't really compete with the Manchester ones, so I figured overloading the midfield would give London a team that could at least compete with the Manchester team as far as individual quality goes, but this formation and team in general would struggle. It's tempting to throw Ade, BA or Berbatov in there somewhere to try and hold the ball up, but there is always a counter attacking threat with Bale and Lennon in a team. Maybe Remy would work, he is fast. Podolski would provide more goals than most of those guys but I'm not sure he could hold the ball up that well.

If Azpilicueta is a good RB, then I might just ditch this and play one of the London LBs with him, but without seeing him for more games, I don't know how good he is.

The 2 in front of the back 3 are slightly debatable. Sandro seems the best choice for the pure destroying DM, but Luiz could possibly be replaced with Arteta, Dembele, Lampard, etc. I just think Luiz is good there and would work well with Sandro. (I could also have moved Wheelchair back there and put Cazorla, Ruiz or someone in the team, but Cazorla hasn't been that great lately and Ruiz isn't that great either, so Wheelchair seems better in a slightly more advanced position than those 2.)

The thing I find most interesting is looking at an Everton - Liverpool team,

Howard/Reina

Johnson Jagielka CB2 (Agger, Distin, Heitinga, Skertel, etc make for a large selection.) Baines

Lucas Gerrard

Sterling Fellaini Pienaar

Suarez

(Or you can put Suarez on the right wing instead of Sterling and put Sturridge/Jelovic up front.)

To me, that is a very very balanced team with no huge weaknesses. I think it'd do very very well.

If you wanted to expand it slightly and threw in Saudi Sportswashing Machine too, to give other options, such as Collicini, Krul, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse and all those French players... I think that squad could compete with the other 2.

--------------------------------------

TLDR:

Manchester wins if they can break down London's defence and don't get countered to death.

Back