• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Villa need to move quickly. I think that a club with United's history should be looking for a manager with links to the club and go for McClaren.

There is talk of United appointing the greatest midfielder of all time.

But if Carrick doesn’t want it maybe they can get Zidane.

There is talk of United appointing the greatest midfielder of all time.

You got my hopes up then

p1894.png

Anyone see the clip of Andy Gray, after man u’s loss to wham, suggesting managers to replace mourinho? In the clip he said how he “doesn’t like to suggest people who already have a job as it is disrespectful” and then suggest Zidane and Poch. He goes on to repeat Poch 4 or 5 times as a potential replacement option.

Anyone see the clip of Andy Gray, after man u’s loss to wham, suggesting managers to replace mourinho? In the clip he said how he “doesn’t like to suggest people who already have a job as it is disrespectful” and then suggest Zidane and Poch. He goes on to repeat Poch 4 or 5 times as a potential replacement option.
So unlike Andy Gray to behave like a clam

Ive only just seen this! Crazy decision. I know he wasnt pulling up many trees, but aside from Warnock there isnt a better Championship manager out there. Bruce's record is excellent at that level.
Had a similar conversation at work today - he was unfortunate as their pre season must have been a bit of a mess with the owner issues. It’s a very attractive job as with the cash injection they should be able to get promoted quite easily, would prefer to see someone who has delivered on a smaller budget rather than giving it to a celeb ex player for their first job.

Starting to seem to me like a bit of a Sunderland. IE - the club is just a bit of a mess and it doesnt matter what manager goes in, itll still go wrong.

The squad needs some work, there are some interesting young players but a reliance on past it experienced players.

Problem is, the Championship is completely unforgiving, you dont get any real honeymoon period - results are required immediately.

Especially at a club with the expectation of Villa.

I think Id have stuck with Bruce. Saw Dean Smith linked - that would be an interesting move. But yeah, Henry and the like would simply be a disaster.

I think Id have stuck with Bruce. Saw Dean Smith linked - that would be an interesting move. But yeah, Henry and the like would simply be a disaster.

Henry will not get a long contract so they might see it as a free (cheapish) hit.

They will be looking at positives like Derby, Wolves and Watford which are all smaller size fan base and now similar finance wise de to foreign/new ownership.
Every time there is a West Ham/Watford/Everton type uplift with money and a foreign manager in tow it fuels these UK manager based sackings. But they conveniently forget the mighty Burnley with Dyche and Brighton with the mighty Chris Hughton :D.
Sunderland, QPR and Blackburn will be in the 'that will never happen to us' thinking that new foreign-owned clubs adopt early on.

I think they will go for JT.
That at least will stop Grealish jumping ship in January.

No such thing as a free hit, Henry could take them down - or at the very least cripple any promotion hopes - which could be a terrible set back.

I think they have high expectation, but no experience in the board - so its basically an accident waiting to happen.

A proper vision, and the patience to see it through are what it takes. And it doesnt always take long if you get the right man. Chances of that happening at Villa? Slim to none IMO.

Henry will not get a long contract so they might see it as a free (cheapish) hit.

They will be looking at positives like Derby, Wolves and Watford which are all smaller size fan base and now similar finance wise de to foreign/new ownership.
Every time there is a West Ham/Watford/Everton type uplift with money and a foreign manager in tow it fuels these UK manager based sackings. But they conveniently forget the mighty Burnley with Dyche and Brighton with the mighty Chris Hughton :D.
Sunderland, QPR and Blackburn will be in the 'that will never happen to us' thinking that new foreign-owned clubs adopt early on.

I think they will go for JT.
That at least will stop Grealish jumping ship in January.

It's not Grealish they need to worry about. John McGinn is the hot property there now. That's why there are links to Neil Lennon (his manager at Hibs) and Brendon Rodgers (Rodgers tried all summer to bring McGinn to Celtic)

No such thing as a free hit, Henry could take them down - or at the very least cripple any promotion hopes - which could be a terrible set back.

I think they have high expectation, but no experience in the board - so its basically an accident waiting to happen.

A proper vision, and the patience to see it through are what it takes. And it doesnt always take long if you get the right man. Chances of that happening at Villa? Slim to none IMO.
Sounds like a job for SuperSol.

The Mirror quoting “Senior Sources” at Man U saying Jose is done after this weekend regardless of the result.

They better keep their mits off Poch.

Back