• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

It'll be a right exodus.

Sadly, because I've always had a weak spot for Inters owner and some of their players (Zanetti, in particular).

Milito would be excellent for us IMHO.

Ade has been utter pants since Chelsea back in December - wasteful finsher, poor strike conversion rate, terrible first touch. If he fails to improve his form over the next 10 odd games, I'd give him nothing more than 6.5/10 season overall and I'd argue Defoe's impact has been if anything - on par

Form has been patchy, but I disagree that he's been pants since the Chelsea game in December. His hold up play was class on the weekend (even though he missed a sitter), and I challenge you to name a better performance from a Spurs player since Bale ripped Maicon a new one than Ade's performance in the 5-0 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

And you're upset by that?! I don't get the AVB love. People blame the players, but every manager has to work with what they have and he didn't work very well with it did he?

No, my sarcasm was masked by the fact that I had written something right below that in white.

That is one game - My point refers to his overall form and contribution which has dropped significantly since January and has also coincided with our slump in the table during the same period of time.

Ade has been utter pants since Chelsea back in December - wasteful finsher, poor strike conversion rate, terrible first touch. If he fails to improve his form over the next 10 odd games, I'd give him nothing more than 6.5/10 season overall and I'd argue Defoe's impact has been if anything - on par

I would agree, but having said that I thought he was excellent on Saturday against Chelsea so hopefully he's turned the corner

Inter ran a press conference for their new manager and looked who turned up :lol:

[video=youtube;zsGMttFRp30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zsGMttFRp30[/video]

I'm fed up of Balotelli. He's such an attention seeker! Didn't he once say that him and Messi are the two best players in the world? :ross: He's not even one of the top 3 players at Emirates Marketing Project.

O/T Steve Coppell

Gone to Crawley as DoF.

What a coup for my local lot, and a far superior replacement for Steve "Fat boy" Evans.

Amazingly, we were sat at home last night, and I said to my family that "Steve Coppell lives in the region. Crawley should try and get him in".

Might watch the rest of the season round the corner now, seeing as we've screwed up as normal.

Gone to Crawley as DoF.

What a coup for my local lot, and a far superior replacement for Steve "Fat boy" Evans.

Amazingly, we were sat at home last night, and I said to my family that "Steve Coppell lives in the region. Crawley should try and get him in".

Might watch the rest of the season round the corner now, seeing as we've screwed up as normal.

He achieved some good things on a limited budget... Crystal Palace wasn't it? I always wondered why he dropped out of management.

Last edited:
He's not going in as a replacement though he's DOF. fudge Crawley anyway (the team) I would've won another ?ú180 if they'd won league two!!

He achieved some good things on a limited budget... Crystal Palace wasn't it? I always wondered why he dropped out of management.

He's got a good record but as others have said, he walks away when things get tough.

A friend worked at Reading when he was there. Apparently he was a great tactician, never lost his temper, would always come in at half time with a very calm demeanor whether they were winning or losing and discuss what they needed to do in the second half. Always had a lot of respect from the players because he treated them like adults. When he quit the players were as surprised as the fans.

He's invested his money wisely and simply doesn't need to work, loves football but always takes it very personally when his team is playing badly.

I give it four months, six at most, before he walks out.

I think he will pick up the managerial reins at the end of the season, taking over from the guy who stepped up for Evans.

But yes, he will probably walk away once he realises how close the ground is to the Bronx (a.k.a. Broadfield, Crawley)

Back