• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2013/14

Wonder how long Manure will give Mr Moyes?

Couple of my plastic Manc friends keep pointing out to me that the MU hierarchy gave SAF time when he first arrived but at the time Manure were just a little mid table club like Arsenal so they kinda had too.

Now though after year on year of glorious success I think they will not hang around at the rate they are sliipping down the table to pull the trigger.

I always felt Moyes will struggle at a big club. He has been in comfort zone at Everton for 10 years because their level of expectations were so low. Don't know why ManU didn't go for a experienced manager like Mourinho.

Wonder how long Manure will give Mr Moyes?

Couple of my plastic Manc friends keep pointing out to me that the MU hierarchy gave SAF time when he first arrived but at the time Manure were just a little mid table club like Arsenal so they kinda had too.

Now though after year on year of glorious success I think they will not hang around at the rate they are sliipping down the table to pull the trigger.

Fergie told the fans when he retired to give Moyes time like he had when he started. I would assume he will be given the time needed unless the situation gets too serious. Its only 6 games in so seems madness to be talking about sackings.

Moyes has already written off Utd's CL campaign by saying they dont have enough world class players to win it :lol: Maybe true but no need to say it in public

the guy is small time. He'll be managing Stoke in less than 2 years

Moyes, for me, was always the wrong choice for United. Wasn't happy when we were linked last year to be honest so I really couldn't understand United being in for him. The fact he's played 51 games away to United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal and never won one puts him in a certain place in my mind.

Madness to talk of getting rid after 6 games though. The fella got the job so he's entitled to a fair crack at it which should involve being allowed to build his own team. If the board think they've gotten it that wrong then, in line with the sentiment expressed by Brian Clough, they should be sacked too for making what, in the space of a few months, has gone from a long term appointment to a monumental error.

They'll still get top 4 this season I think.

Moyes had a lot of poor starts with Everton, far worse than where United are now. His Everton sides were able to finish strongly and move up the table (around top 5-7). It would be very surprising if they weren't in the mix for top four by the end. Missing out on CL for one season would be a blow but once would be manageable. The post-Fergie transition was never going to be seamless (unless Fergie was less good than everyone claims).

what was shocking about Utd against West Brom was the defending :eek: they were all over the place. Its a shame we arent playing them during this period

David Moyes has spent the last 11 years trying to get Everton above United. Now he's finally acheived it.........

Apologies for plagiarising.....

I think Man Utd needed a squad overhaul similar to ours . Five or six players of top quality bought in and a few going out in the opposite direction. Yet all they have is the Fellaini signing and that were done on deadline day at a greater cost to the buyout clause, as Everton exploited Utd's panic buy . The manager clearly does not have the draw of a top manager to entice the top players. Why would a Lewandowski want to play for Moyes rather than a Guardiola? I think they should've gone for a big name , someone who has won trophies and dealt with the top players.

They've had more than their fair share of success these past twenty years so hopefully they will finish outside the top six and we'll see a test of loyalty in their plastic following. I want to see an audience at the theatre of nightmares.

Nothing happening at Utd that was'nt expected. Moyes was never the right man for the job - you cant blame Moyes for taking it, of course its the board that must take the blame for letting Fergie pick him on the basis of him being his mate and Scottish too, just for good measure. Im shocked at how many people here were saying at the time it was a great appointment for them.

Comparisons with Fergie's start at Utd are ludicrous. As others have said, the Utd of the mid 80's were a mid table club which had lay dormant for decades. They were a million miles away from the club they are now. It was a lot easier for Fergie to be given "time" as he was not under pressure for instant success. Also, football in the 80's was light years away from what it is today.

The question is did Utd pick the right man to gurantee them the long term success which they demand. Personally, I would say no. Man Utd is one of the very very top jobs in world football - would Moyes have been considered for any other top job in world football or even the premiership - no of course not. He would not have got the Spurs job. He is at Man Utd for one reason only - SAF.

Early days I know, of course only time will tell, but I always thought this was doomed for failure and Im sticking to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24341228

He's under pressure, hope he fails miserably! If he turns on the press they'll go after him big style. Great to see. You're not special anymore!

Irritated Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho walks out on media

Jose Mourinho walked out of a Chelsea news conference after being irritated by questions about Kevin de Bruyne.

The boss said Juan Mata, recently on the periphery, will start Tuesday's Champions League tie with Steaua Bucharest but De Bruyne had been left at home after failing to impress.

"You are for three weeks speaking about Mata, and now it's De Bruyne," he said.
Continue reading the main story

“You have this tendency to only ask about the guys that are not selected”

Jose Mourinho

"So you aren't interested in the players that are playing? You are interested in the players not playing."

Having faced questions about Mata's absence in recent weeks, the Portuguese was unhappy to be asked about his reasoning for omitting the Belgian and he brought a swift end to the conference in Romania.

Spain international Mata, Chelsea's player of the year last season, has started two of Chelsea's six Premier League matches under Mourinho this term.

Fellow attacking midfielder De Bruyne, who last featured in the 2-0 Capital One Cup win at Swindon on 24 September, was omitted from Mourinho's 18-man squad for Saturday's 1-1 Premier League draw at Tottenham.

Mourinho continued: "He [De Bruyne] was not selected. It was my decision. Only 11 can play and 18 can be selected. I try to decide, by what they do on the pitch, when they play and what they do in training.

"I try to be honest with Juan and say that he's going to play Tuesday, because of what he did in training and because of what he did in the matches he played.

"With Kevin, it's the same. He's not selected because I didn't like the match he played against Swindon and I didn't like the way he was training.

"But you have this tendency to only ask about the guys that are not selected. See you Tuesday."

I always felt Moyes will struggle at a big club. He has been in comfort zone at Everton for 10 years because their level of expectations were so low. Don't know why ManU didn't go for a experienced manager like Mourinho.

Presumably because they followed Ferguson's advice and they wanted someone who would be in the post for a while.

Back