• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Long-term and short-term thinking

Fair call but the spent his sale money in advance as their investment
But of course thais players weren’t there at the beginning of the season

Van Dijk (January) £ 79m
Salah £ 42m
Ox £38m

They splashed the cash in the summer and January, whether it was from Coutinho's sale or not they still spent big money on players that made a difference. Salah alone has won them how many games?

I am still confused by some fans reaction yesterday. I can understand getting upset by the loss.
But last Saturday (City) for me was far worse as performances go, but it was more casual angst.
Yessterday on here was like a script from a mass suicide pact....

Our loss against Emirates Marketing Project had little bearing on our season. We are likely to finish top 4 still, and Emirates Marketing Project are the best team in the league, plus the referee was a clam and so I could partly blame him for our shortcomings.

As for yesterday. We had the chance to win a competition, well at least to reach the Final. Yet, aside from the first twenty minutes, we were poor. We were slow, lacking in inventive play, and played far worse than we are capable of playing. We seemed to play inside ourselves and either it was nerves, bottling, or we weren’t up for it but there was something wrong. At least based upon the lackadaisical approach we had for the match. We seem to switch off when we have a chance for success. All the excitement before the match was converted in to sadness and frustration at yet another missed opportunity. 8 semi finals in a row and we can’t get to the Final. It was not good enough at all!!

Last edited:
Thought they sold loads on summer as well

Looking here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31 they haven’t actually spent any money they haven’t made in sales

Agreed, what my original post was about was we need to splash the cash in areas we need players, we bought a RB, 2 CBs and Llorente. And we all know Llorente was not going to be the striker we needed, the money we spent of Foyth and Llorente would have been better served by buying a striker similar to Kane.

Liverpool, City and Utd all added players that filled roles that needed filling we spent it on a 5th and 6th CB and a striker whose style of play was never going to work at Spurs.

So it’s ok to lose against the first place team but not the second!
It’s ok to drop three points but not lose in a semi final!

So it’s ok to lose against the first place team but not the second!
It’s ok to drop three points but not lose in a semi final!

Do you really believe Manchester United are the second best team in the league? It could be argued that they are, and yet they’ve seldomly impressed this season with their performances. In fact, they’ve often relied on De Gea to secure the points for them.

If you were to name a mixed 11 comprising the best player for each position, how many Manchester United players would get in to a United/ Spurs team, as opposed to how many Emirates Marketing Project players would get in to a City/Spurs team?

Dropping three points is not ok, but it’s a lot easier to get over that when the three points were without future consequence. It’s not so easy to recover from being knocked out of a competition.

They should go hand in hand?

If we had a better defence we might win something...and be able to wear that winning mentality.

How many games will we win conceding 2 goals? Same applies to Juve tie. Did all the hard work breaking down a tough defensive team, only to leave the door open for them to score.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Van Dijk (January) £ 79m
Salad £ 42m
Ox £38m

They splashed the cash in the summer and January, whether it was from Coutinho's sale or not they still spent big money on players that made a difference. Salad alone has won them how many games?
One Man Team/One Season Wonder

Huth was ever present
Schwartzer was on every squad as sub
They knew how to win

Let us not rewrite the context of their victory. They had no European football, as incredible an injury-free run as Chelski the season after and they had another major advantage...no-one took them seriously until March. Add to that the unmistakable truth that as a club we are not especially liked and you can see the end result. People played us with more conviction than they did Leicester. Truth.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Do you really believe Manchester United are the second best team in the league? It could be argued that they are, and yet they’ve seldomly impressed this season with their performances. In fact, they’ve often relied on De Gea to secure the points for them.

If you were to name a mixed 11 comprising the best player for each position, how many Manchester United players would get in to a United/ Spurs team, as opposed to how many Emirates Marketing Project players would get in to a City/Spurs team?

Dropping three points is not ok, but it’s a lot easier to get over that when the three points were without future consequence. It’s not so easy to recover from being knocked out of a competition.

Weren't United favourites for the tie?

Man united are second. My preferred style is irrelevant as I would put Liverpool (much to my chagrin) second.
The FA Cup is for me of less importance and as long as we don’t put a ridiculously weak side and throw the game and give it good go (which I think we did) then it’s a normal game. I can’t see, other than changing the lineup which I would have done as said on here, anything I would have done different.
We will disagree about the reaction to the defeat.
Our current poor form is at the root of that defeat. Those saying anything about our mentality is laughable. Since Harry returned after the Chelsea WIN (at the beginning of the month) our form has been terrible, it continued in the semifinal. The goal at the beginning was a thing of beauty made and finish by our two best players. Sadly Man U got thier act together and the rest as they say his history.

Bookies don’t take into account the mental state of players

I thought they would have taken in to account form/league position though - we've been in a slump since the Chelsea game/the International break, where United are off the back of beating City away recently.

Don't get me wrong i believed we would win and i rate our team/players higher than theirs but United have proven themselves the second best side in the league over the season so far and have a manager who has them playing above their ability on paper (imo) - Mourinho is the most decorated manager in the league (if not he runs Guardiola close and imo has a much more impressive record) which counts for a lot too in games like this.

I thought they would have taken in to account form/league position though - we've been in a slump since the Chelsea game/the International break, where United are off the back of beating City away recently.

Don't get me wrong i believed we would win and i rate our team/players higher than theirs but United have proven themselves the second best side in the league over the season so far and have a manager who has them playing above their ability on paper (imo) - Mourinho is the most decorated manager in the league (if not he runs Guardiola close and imo has a much more impressive record) which counts for a lot too in games like this.

United has just lost at home to West Brom

We had lost to the best team in the land and that was our only defeat in 4 months

I believed we ‘could’ win but our leadin form was poor. We as you say lost heavily to City and then Man U beat City also however we all feel regarding Man U’s style wise or lack there of, they have a powerful squad and bloody minded dogged manager.

We had lost to the best team in the land and that was our only defeat in 4 months

That definitely didn’t do us any favour. Mourinho was getting ready to shoot someone.
Pochettino should have started Kane on the bench.

Last edited:

Yeah and they had just beaten the best team in the land the game previous, the game which actually had something riding on it - i know which is more telling going in to a cup semi final

Back