• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Linesman kicked to death in Dutch youth match

The relevance lies in the fact that according to Dutch Interior Ministry figures, some 40% of all Moroccan immigrants to the Netherlands between the ages 12-24 of have been involved in criminal activity during the past 5 years.

Make your mind up, fella..........is it the fact that it hasn't been reported that the assailants are Muslim or that they are Moroccan that bothers you? Two very different discussions.

But if it is the fact that they are Moroccan that you wish to discuss, then you ought to consider that while crime among the Moroccan community in Holland might indeed be a matter for urgent discussion in Holland, it isn't the core element of this story. This is a human story. A tragedy. It is about the senseless killing of a volunteer linesman.

That is what the world's media are rightly reporting.

And how is anyone to know whether or not the murderer's religion had anything to do with the killing if this vital information is deliberately withheld by the world's media?

This doesn't make any sense. Reporting the mere fact that the killers were Muslim wouldn't shed any light whatsoever on whether or not the attack was religiously motivated. I read that another Dutch amateur player was recently imprisoned for kicking and killing a spectator after a game last year. There was no discussion about whether or not the player was a Christian because religion was irrelevant to the case.

Wow Statto, I see you in a whole new light now

That is an impressively quick way to change your reputation on this board!

Wow Statto, I see you in a whole new light now

That is an impressively quick way to change your reputation on this board!

Not really - I'm interested in facts and when these are deliberately hidden I tend to get very suspicious as to the motives behind it.

Not really - I'm interested in facts and when these are deliberately hidden I tend to get very suspicious as to the motives behind it.

What I don't understand is how do you know these facts if they have been hidden? Do you have a reputable source?

What I don't understand is how do you know these facts if they have been hidden? Do you have a reputable source?

You'll need to have a passable understanding of Dutch, as it's from the Rotterdam daily newspaper Algemeen Dagblad (AD).

You'll need to have a passable understanding of Dutch, as it's from the Rotterdam daily newspaper Algemeen Dagblad (AD).

Don't want to drag this up so last point: our media has reported the fact they are immigrant descendants. Just because a certain aspect isn't trumpeted on every front page dosnt mean its hidden, or denied air. As others have pointed out, while its a story to us here, to the families concerned its the death of a father at a football game by players in that game, not revenge for the fall of Constantinople.

Again, I also don't wish to labour a point but can you imagine what would have happened if the boot, so to speak, was on the other foot and a mob of white youths had kicked an "Asian" or Black linesman to death?

The press would have a field day, as would the professional hand-wringers.

Again, I also don't wish to labour a point but can you imagine what would have happened if the boot, so to speak, was on the other foot and a mob of white youths had kicked an "Asian" or Black linesman to death?

The press would have a field day, as would the professional hand-wringers.

:eek:

You aspire to be the white Peter Herbert?????

THFC6061 - two questions if I may....

1) do you have any insight as to whether religion was a factor in this attack (eg was the linesman attacked for religious beliefs )?

2) in the vast majority of assault / murder cases I read about in the papers, religion is rarely mentioned. Why do you feel it is any more relevant here?

I seriously doubt anyone intended to kill a linesman, it was blatantly a kicking that went badly wrong. So its automatically a few lads losing the plot over a decision - but what THFC is getting at in my opinion is a culture of violence. Violence in children is nearly 100% caused by violent home life, exposure to extreme behaviour from adults etc often caused by poverty or breakdown of relationships. They witness this and think its the way adults sort their problems out. Where I disagree with THFC is that the Islamic teachings deserve highlighting over all economic factors in these children's upbringing. First and foremost, economic conditions of migrants of all religions decide the fate of the offspring by the age of 10 if not earlier.

The issue is not that the local mosque taught them it was ok to behave like this, in my view the mosque could have helped prevent it if the harshness of life hadn't already written these kids off; its poverty which makes people lash out at each other as they try and establish control of resources/ pecking orders etc.

But really, government policy is pretty far removed from a few lads kicking a linesman in a youth game and the guy actually dying, an unintended consequence and a historic sequence of events up to this point.

Back