• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Linesman kicked to death in Dutch youth match

Howard Webb

Clive Wilson
That's a red card, life ban and a beating from a diseased badger. And just for that I'm going to disallow clear goals against Man Utd for 2 weeks.

Saw this on the news this morning. I wonder it it will make the news outside of europe?

of course it wont because the english are the only ones who do violencce at the football. They get a lot of this in holland, i remember a few years agao a reserve match being called off becuase fans ran onto the pitch and beat up players. But of course as far as the rest of the world is concerned it is the english disease.

Feel sorry for the guy he was just helping out his sons football team so a match can go ahead, i think it was gordinho whose son was trainning to be a ref in this country, i doubt things like this happen over here but he would be the one to ask.

Tell you what you do not get things like this at tennis trainning camps that i take my lad to, worse thing that happens is people move away from me when they hear me speak because im "common" apparently.

Saw this on the news this morning. I wonder it it will make the news outside of europe?

of course it wont because the english are the only ones who do violencce at the football. They get a lot of this in holland, i remember a few years agao a reserve match being called off becuase fans ran onto the pitch and beat up players. But of course as far as the rest of the world is concerned it is the english disease.

Feel sorry for the guy he was just helping out his sons football team so a match can go ahead, i think it was gordinho whose son was trainning to be a ref in this country, i doubt things like this happen over here but he would be the one to ask.

Tell you what you do not get things like this at tennis trainning camps that i take my lad to, worse thing that happens is people move away from me when they hear me speak because im "common" apparently.

main story on cnn sportsnews http://edition.cnn.com/SPORT/ also front page of usa today http://www.usatoday.com/sports/

I think most of the world has moved on from the 80s view of England.

main story on cnn sportsnews http://edition.cnn.com/SPORT/ also front page of usa today http://www.usatoday.com/sports/

I think most of the world has moved on from the 80s view of England.

Oh ok fair play to them, maybe i just caught up in the banter with foreigners and they do realise it happens far more in other countries. Funny thing is in a lot of ways we have gone back to the 80's what with the crap government hugh unemployment and brick music. Not sure about fashion if thats as bad, football wise we are playing good attacking football like we did in the 80's england national team are still brick.

Just our fans are on the whole far better behaved not that this thread is about that it is about a man helping out at his sons football club getting beaten up over something so trivial and unimportant as a sports result. Very sad and i do wonder if people take sport far to seriously these days if they think it is acceptable to resort to such actions because a decesion goes against you.

I often say things like the ref against us at stoke last year took a bribe and i hope he gets run over by a bus but i would never actually do something like that. I wonder if the younger generation just have no idea about right or wrong anymore.

To be honest i blame these computer games where they kill prossies and steal cars, i know some on here will say they have played them and not wanted to go out and do this but it clearly effects some people in the wrong way.

Japs - you've admitted fighting in the street over not much and having a quick temper and hating people for daring to say good morning to you - to me that isn't so far away from kicking a linesman?

Japs - you've admitted fighting in the street over not much and having a quick temper and hating people for daring to say good morning to you - to me that isn't so far away from kicking a linesman?

Well i consider it different as i hate the whole world(excluding the wife and family) and the guy was being delibrately a prick and aggresive towards me. I just think someone going to the football and helping out their kids football team.

I think what gets me about this is how some people i think are now taking football to seriously and it is like it is the only thing in their life and if there team lose it effects them massively. See with me if spurs lose i might come on here and say dempsey is a useless prick but that is all. I also reserve the right to knock out anyone who gives me or the wife grief for no good reason. In my head i can see the difference and i live in my head so as long as im happy then quite frankly the rest of the world can go fudge itself:lol:

Oh ok fair play to them, maybe i just caught up in the banter with foreigners and they do realise it happens far more in other countries. Funny thing is in a lot of ways we have gone back to the 80's what with the crap government hugh unemployment and brick music. Not sure about fashion if thats as bad, football wise we are playing good attacking football like we did in the 80's england national team are still brick.

Just our fans are on the whole far better behaved not that this thread is about that it is about a man helping out at his sons football club getting beaten up over something so trivial and unimportant as a sports result. Very sad and i do wonder if people take sport far to seriously these days if they think it is acceptable to resort to such actions because a decesion goes against you.

I often say things like the ref against us at stoke last year took a bribe and i hope he gets run over by a bus but i would never actually do something like that. I wonder if the younger generation just have no idea about right or wrong anymore.

To be honest i blame these computer games where they kill prossies and steal cars, i know some on here will say they have played them and not wanted to go out and do this but it clearly effects some people in the wrong way.

=D>
it is a MAJOR FACTOR you are absolutely on the money.

Oh my GHod someone is blaming video games and someone agrees with them... fudge me. There's a lot of stupid things posted on these boards but they have to be the two stupidest posts I've ever witnessed on here. You do know they said. Same about comic books, and music, and films...? You do realise we are more peaceful and less violent as a species then we have ever been? Football was way more violent in the 70s, did they play video games and kill prostitutes then?

Oh my GHod someone is blaming video games and someone agrees with them... fudge me. There's a lot of stupid things posted on these boards but they have to be the two stupidest posts I've ever witnessed on here. You do know they said. Same about comic books, and music, and films...? You do realise we are more peaceful and less violent as a species then we have ever been? Football was way more violent in the 70s, did they play video games and kill prostitutes then?

I agree with the sentiment of your post, although I wouldn't have worded it that harshly. Believing that video games can cause violent behaviour is quite common.

At this point I think it's impossible to say with any kind of certainty either way, controlled studies are very hard to design from what (little) I know about the subject. Having age restrictions for violent video games does seem like a good idea, just to be on the safe side.

What I find unconscionable is the way the global media has hidden the fact that the youths who murdered Richard Nieuwenhuizen were Muslims.

What I find unconscionable is the way the global media has hidden the fact that the youths who murdered Richard Nieuwenhuizen were Muslims.

Not sure if serious?

But if you are, why should it matter whether or not they are Muslim? After all, how often do you ever hear of players being identified as Christian?

Unless religion was the spark that led to the linesman's killing, it has no place in the discussion.

Not sure if serious?

But if you are, why should it matter whether or not they are Muslim? After all, how often do you ever hear of players being identified as Christian?

Unless religion was the spark that led to the linesman's killing, it has no place in the discussion.

The relevance lies in the fact that according to Dutch Interior Ministry figures, some 40% of all Moroccan immigrants to the Netherlands between the ages 12-24 of have been involved in criminal activity during the past 5 years.

That figure reaches 50% in areas where those of Moroccan descent are the majority.

And how is anyone to know whether or not the murderer's religion had anything to do with the killing if this vital information is deliberately withheld by the world's media?

The relevance lies in the fact that according to Dutch Interior Ministry figures, some 40% of all Moroccan immigrants to the Netherlands between the ages 12-24 of have been involved in criminal activity during the past 5 years.

That figure reaches 50% in areas where those of Moroccan descent are the majority.

And how is anyone to know whether or not the murderer's religion had anything to do with the killing if this vital information is deliberately withheld by the world's media?

How do you know they are muslim?

Back