• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Liam Payne's bust up with four Tottenham Hotspur players in nightclub

Going on the tinkle midweek, still in a club at 2 am when they have training the next day isn't the most impressive thing in the world, considering we need to win on Sunday, otherwise I'd find their behaviour very acceptable.

Doesn't it say that AVB gave them the morning off training.

This

It's 4 days before the game, I've never had a hangover that lasts more than 2 days and I suspect I drank more than these lads on those occasions so I don't see why an athlete can't get himself back to normal within 4 days of a couple of drinks. As for the waitress, she works in Funky Buddha, I'm sure this isn't the first time she's had a few tinkled, rich young men trying it on.

Nothing to see here, move on.

Last June I had a hangover that lasted a week, I haven't had a drink since :)

You wouldn't find a top professional player doing this.
That is the issue.
It shows the character of some of the players we have at the club.

Where's that picture of Ledley King when you need it..

The amount people are blowing this out of proportion is hilarious.

I would like to know on what other occasions AVB has given days off this season, and the results that followed.

I would like to know on what other occasions AVB has given days off this season, and the results that followed.

The only one i know off the top of my head is that they got a few days off after Basel second leg before City.

AVB knows how the players are physically far better than anyone on here will. He also knows how they are mentally far better than anyone on here will. If he, or any other manager, thinks the players would benefit from a day off training i wouldn't be one to argue with them.

When Ade was still at Arsenal he had been run into the ground by Wenger because they had no alternatives. Wenger had called him and told him the team needed him, but Ade still went clubbing two days before the final game. Heard this from that guy that does all the tattoos for Spurs and Arsenal players.

Don't think any extra training will matter at this stage, it's all about being properly rested and mentally prepared.

The only one i know off the top of my head is that they got a few days off after Basel second leg before City.

AVB knows how the players are physically far better than anyone on here will. He also knows how they are mentally far better than anyone on here will. If he, or any other manager, thinks the players would benefit from a day off training i wouldn't be one to argue with them.

So AVB give the players a day off to recharge. This was pounced upon by idiots who couldn't wait until the end of the week as an opportunity to go the tinkle.
Its ridiculous that a group of millionaires couldn't find something to do for the evening that didn't involve going on the tinkle.

So AVB give the players a day off to recharge. This was pounced upon by idiots who couldn't wait until the end of the week as an opportunity to go the tinkle.
Its ridiculous that a group of millionaires couldn't find something to do for the evening that didn't involve going on the tinkle.

Since when were they out on the tinkle? Unless you were there, you don't know that.

It was a social event with drinking. Get over it.

I wonder how many drinks George Best and co managed to fit in between matches back in the 60's, its nothing new at all and as someone has already said - erm, Ledley King ??

I remember an interview with Venables about his early days at spurs, he lived near Greavesie and didn't drive so Jimmy offered to pick him up on match days, first game comes around and Jimmy arrives early and takes him for a couple of pints and a roast beef dinner 2 hours before KO, different game back then.

What they do in their own time this far from kick off is completely up to them in my opinion, i'm not looking to them as a moral compass, if it doesn't effect Spurs they could be sniffing coke of a hookers tits on their days off for all I care, hell i'm sure a few of them are.

Just because other players have done it in the past doesn't make it right. Perhaps if they put their spare time towards improving certain areas of their game like Bale does then maybe we'd actually get somewhere rather than watching Arsenal celebrate on the last day of the season every year. This just says to me that they don't strive to be as good as they can and don't have the mentality needed to compete at the top. It annoys me most with Aaron Lennon as although on the face of it he has been a model professional in his time with Spurs, he could be so much better than he actually is but he's happy to just be the same player every year, pick up his money and party.

The problem here is that Hudd is unfit so should be trainning. Lennon hides away during games but seems to wake up with a bottle a vodka..

If only our players cared as much about finishing in the top 4 as we do. Sigh...................

Why is it only ever our English contingent who get caught outside drinking and clubbing? Barring the very professional ones like Daws, Parker etc.

Even though it's probably not a big deal, this is the sort of thing you hear Sunderland or insert-perennially-underachieving-club lads get up to. Journeymen happy to collect a paycheck rather than improve themselves and win things. (And yes, I know John Terry technically wins things and he is a serial hairy-palmer, but he's been very, very fortunate to be at a club with limitless money.)

I agree that athletes need to take care of their bodies but are we saying players should not go out into the early hours for the duration of the season? Perhaps they buy a brickload of booze but drink responsibly (in context) but treat their mates, etc?

As mentioned here - we do not know the full details. Do we know who 'leaked' the story?

And when did this actually occur?

This section:
Now, my main issue is not whether they annoyed a lady but more why the hell my beloved Spurs were out clubbing days before Sunday's match.

Instead, they should be getting in shape to beat Sunderland and qualify for a Champions League spot.

Who is that actually contributed to? The reporter? There are no quotes otherwise. It cleverley follows on this:

A friend of Liam's says: "The footballers were with four other guys and two girls, and had vodka and various mixers on their table. Liam was with friends a few tables away.

"Out of nowhere were there was a commotion, Liam looked over and thought the players were giving the waitress a hard time. He went straight over to sort it out.

"You've got to admire him for wanting to help the lady."

Great timing BTW! Just before the last game of the season and err...

This is the end of the article:

Today is the day we finally find out what One Direction's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is.

The boyband have been teased us by saying they have some MASSIVE news - but they couldn't tell us more until May 16th.

Last edited:
Back