• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy - End Of Season Letter

I think that they have a policy of trying to undermine competitors, particularly from the chasing pack. I would not be surprised if they tried to hijack some of Liverpool's deals this summer.

Yes mate, you've put it much more clearly than I did…he was absolutely determined not to see us get anything close to what he saw as a potential advantage. He saw us/sees us as a major threat.

I don't believe a word of that, Levy pretty much takes the safest option everytime, if his job was on the line he'd have appointed Benitez as that was the lowest risk

I don't think he's under scrutiny about his job...it's probably more an acknowledgement that AVB was completely the wrong choice. They clearly had an idea of what they wanted when they sacked Harry (Lewis and Levy) but AVB was the wrong strategic choice. They clearly didn't drill down enough into how closely he would fit what they were looking for. Poch appears to be what AVB should have been, with a style of football that has shown it can overachieve in the PL and a proven record of bringing through academy players while improving existing squad members.

If Poch is an utter disaster then questions will have to be asked of Levy but if he has a good 3 year stint and moves on then all should be good.

i think Lewis is the major shareholder and so would imagine he'd be able to intervene if he thought it necessary.

as it stands i think ENIC 'employ' Levy in the chairman role (even though he part owns the company)

Levy owns around 29% of Enic, iirc, so presumably Lewis could replace him as chairman. However, Lewis is a businessman and a supporter as a distant second. The club is growing in value and the new stadium will add to this. Lewis will have no problems with Levy's running of the club, which has also seen improved football performances. There is no logical reason why Lewis would replace Levy. He won't care about turnover of the staff as long as the business is doing well.

Exactly, Levy is growing THFC as an investment and has done significantly. Also, as I posted in the Levy thread, our on-pitch performances are consistently getting stronger and stronger under Levy.

Levy owns around 29% of Enic, iirc, so presumably Lewis could replace him as chairman. However, Lewis is a businessman and a supporter as a distant second. The club is growing in value and the new stadium will add to this. Lewis will have no problems with Levy's running of the club, which has also seen improved football performances. There is no logical reason why Lewis would replace Levy. He won't care about turnover of the staff as long as the business is doing well.

Often a constitution might need say 75% of votes to sack the chair.

All in all, Emperor Levy is going nowhere.

Often a constitution might need say 75% of votes to sack the chair.

All in all, Emperor Levy is going nowhere.

This.

Although Lewis is a major shareholder he's still limited to the regulations that dictate how shareholders can influence a company. If Lewis wanted rid, Levy could force a tribunal (amongst plenty of other options) and drag it out almost endlessly.

If Lewis wanted that kind of control over the running of the club he'd have set himself up as a director in the first place.

Back