• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leeds Spur

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Can we lift his ban now that we got Leeds in the cup?

Perhaps a temporary lift, and then if he's a good boy, he can stay for good

I agree, lift the ban.

Forget the good boy bit, the rages he gets into are funny. The condition of staying should be based on him not being allowed to discuss subjects he has no real understanding of (we decide the subjects, not him).

I agree, lift the ban.

Forget the good boy bit, the rages he gets into are funny. The condition of staying should be based on him not being allowed to discuss subjects he has no real understanding of (we decide the subjects, not him).

That's pretty all encompassing then. He already has read only rights.

I agree, lift the ban.

That rules out any football related discussion then

Ok, as you all asked.......

Leeds is, indeed, perma-banned. And following discussion, it is agreed there will be no going back on this decision.

Leeds, like a few others on here, received numerous warnings, infractions, bans, call them what you want, on both this and previous incarnations of Glory-Glory.
In addition to this, what you guys don't see is the numerous PM exchanges that take place between the poster and the admin team, whereby we give additional un-documented warnings about how their behaviour is STILL causing concern, and how that behaviour is dragging them closer to further punishment.

Indeed, it could be said the admin team don't actually stick directly to our own rules, because we are normally FAR more lenient on these matters than adopting the exact procedures listed in "Forum Rules". But that is to all your benefit, not ours.

We make it a matter of practice NOT to discuss openly the reasons for a posters banning, suffice to say Leeds ban was due to an acumulation of offences, coupled with repeated warnings.

This was not a witch-hunt. We tried, as a group, to continually ask him to tone down his postings (especially those aimed directly at others) but to no avail. Even to the bitter end, one of the mods stuck up for him almost un-conditionally, but even they understood why we eventually had to act.

On a personal note, I was one of the few from this board to meet him in person, and found him to be calm, polite and a thoroughly pleasant person. And that itself pains me because he presented a totally different character once behind a keyboard.

It's a shame, because he was articulate, intelligent, and able to string a sentence together, even if you didn't agree with his standpoints, you can not deny this.

I'm glad to say his reaction to being banned (or the reasons) were never on the scale of previous bannees, such as Manc, who became vitriolic and made disgusting personal attacks on at least one member of the admin team.

And, because i know someone will ask, Mick Cooper is NOT perma-banned. He served a temp ban and is free to post, but has chosen to move onto pastures new, a decision we respect.

I figured his wife had banned him from the internet/chopped his hands off for spending all that cash on MFC.

Billy is another who spends an obscene amount on MFC. Usually all on an obese Scottish woman.

Shame about Leeds.

I thought he said he'd dropped a grand on there once?

If only he was here to admit to all this...

Billy is another who spends an obscene amount on MFC. Usually all on an obese Scottish woman.

:lol: fudge sakes that one night is going to stick to me forever isn't it?

re Leeds : shame he got banned as he provided a fair bit of entertainment and never minced his words - but i do wonder sometimes how fully grown men can get themselves in to so much bother on the internet/forums etc just wind your neck in and avoid the people that tinkle you off, simple really

Back