• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leandro Trossard

No thanks. Not creative enough and inconsistent. Plus would seem like not the kind of personality Conte would want at the club. All round no thanks.

I think we need to replace Moura without spending much. Trossard seems a good bet on that basis

We need to spend our cash at RWB, CB amd GK

I think we need to replace Moura without spending much. Trossard seems a good bet on that basis

We need to spend our cash at RWB, CB amd GK

Homegrown from the championship makes much more sense though in terms of squad balance, considering we're already maxed out on overseas squad places.

There isn’t a high performing wide player in the championship that fits that Criteria currently

Alex Scott and Noni Madueke are the two I had in mind (appreciate one is Eredivisie not championship, but about the same thing). I think either would be perfect as our 6th forward/Moura replacement

Alex Scott and Noni Madueke are the two I had in mind (appreciate one is Eredivisie not championship, but about the same thing). I think either would be perfect as our 6th forward/Moura replacement
One is a kid who still hasn’t really dine anything other than play at a young age
The other is broken
Madueki has a worse injury record than bale
EF8827F6-E1FF-4EC2-A8C9-2690D1D2C047.jpeg

A typical special coming up ... a player that we had no interest in until his contract looks like expiring. Will probably be our steed markbranque mk 2

A typical special coming up ... a player that we had no interest in until his contract looks like expiring. Will probably be our steed markbranque mk 2
How do you know we had no interest?

I find it highly unlikely* that our recruitment team wouldn’t know the ins and outs of all contract situations and player availability (through agent discussions) of (at minimum) the whole Prem landscape.

*I also find it totally plausible!

Don’t forget though that a few recent signings have come about without any prior build up - and we do need a 5th forward.

Alex Scott is a central midfielder, who has filled in at RM and RB. He's not an inside forward.

He's also 5 ft 8 in, so it is hard to imagine Conte using him in midfield, and that's before we get to his age.

If we signed him, he'd go out on loan for a couple of seasons and if Conte was still here after that, he'd probably use him as a RWB.

Alex Scott is a central midfielder, who has filled in at RM and RB. He's not an inside forward.

He's also 5 ft 8 in, so it is hard to imagine Conte using him in midfield, and that's before we get to his age.

If we signed him, he'd go out on loan for a couple of seasons and if Conte was still here after that, he'd probably use him as a RWB.
He is also nowhere near ready as you say

After a couple of loans.

I like Scott BTW, he's just not the player GB thinks he is or ready to play first team football for us.

he is a kid playing with adults and doing well
But he is a long way away form being in a CL a level team
I’d love signings like him that we park for a few years in a club on loan
I think it’s a great model
We have shied away from
the championship too much for my liking but this year there isn’t a standout young player that I’ve seen
Scott Twine was one I was hoping would step up but he has been injured all the time

Homegrown from the championship makes much more sense though in terms of squad balance, considering we're already maxed out on overseas squad places.

Not sure you have been paying attention, I doubt Conte will be satisfied with a player from the Championship. He will label it another "club signing".

Back