• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Last chance to win title with this team?

Lemonade Money

Steffen Freund
Is this season our last chance to win the title with this team?
Next season we'll have the curse of Wembley. The season after we'll need to settle in to our new home (the goons finished fourth in their first season at Emirates, 21 points off first). By the following season we'll likely be at risk of losing our players and coach?

I'm only 32. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that we won't win the league for as long as I live. Despite this, I hope to live until I'm at least 70, so it won't be for another few years, I'm afraid!

The beauty of the teams above us is their ability to implode regardless of the cash they have. Look at Chelsea, Man United, Emirates Marketing Project in recent years, that is the norm for me now, there will not be a legacy club like Man United anymore and the increase of on par clubs will see points taken off people left right and center.

You will see a host of league winners in the next 10 years in my opinion, when compared to the United, Arsenal days

Don't get me wrong, not saying our last chance to win the league, but maybe the last chance with this team. Under Levy's business model I think we'll always be in with an outside chance.

Feels that way ... (may not be)

- Lloris, Walker, Rose, Toby, Jan, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane is the team with Son/Lamela rotating in ...

Jan/Dembele are in their prime, 2 years maybe left at this level
Lloris, Dele, Kane (perhaps Eriksen) are ones we are in danger of losing to a RM/PSG stupid type bid

Personally, I believe we are a WC player short of really challenging for title (in race, just not really likely to win), put Bale in this side and it would all be different.

As @LemonadeMoney said, under Levy, we are well managed and amazing consistent (only really us & Scum who have any consistency/stability in results/placing over last 5-7 years), so will always have a chance.

our chances of winning something was higher last year with the usual leaders tripping up over themselves.
we are doing better this year so far... but the table does not lie.... we are not good enough
our chances of winning something increases once we step into the new stadium and a new business model that will allow us to attract better players and pay them better for performance based results

our chances of winning something was higher last year with the usual leaders tripping up over themselves.
we are doing better this year so far... but the table does not lie.... we are not good enough
our chances of winning something increases once we step into the new stadium and a new business model that will allow us to attract better players and pay them better for performance based results
Could you not counter argue that our chances will increase each year IF we keep this team together. Alli,Dier,Kane et al are nowhere near their peak and should improve in the coming seasons. Experience is something that isn't quantifiable but massively improves you as a player and things like our title challenge failure from last season will hold these young players in good stead for the coming years and with our coach I believe they are developing a mental edge that only the top teams obtain. We do however need to win some silverwear in the coming seasons - even something like the League Cup would help us towards the ultimate of winning the league.....

The point I was trying to make, is this is three years away. If we don't achieve something by then, we have personnel who will be coveted by bigger clubs (more money & medals). I should have put 'best' chance rather than 'last', as we could be handicapped by Wembley/new ground adaption in the following two seasons.
I'm not saying last chance to win the league, just with this particular squad.

It should be ok so long as we are clearly moving in the right direction.

That first piece of silverware is most crucial now. We could really do with winning the EL or FA cup this season.

Back